My HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My HDi
The day i brought her home from ballymena

De-wipered, De-Badged, windows tinted to 15% visability and 2.5" Decat/De-backboxed stainless steel pipe too 3" tip

Lowered on 60mm saxo springs and 2 nicks at torsion bar, xenon max lights installed

3 leg spoiler w/brake light added, eyebrows added, diesel filler cap strips wrapped blue, break calipers have since been painted blue, but this is how she sits today Smile

Thanks given by:
Bang tidy !!!
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 10:22 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: Bang tidy !!!

cheers mate, got a splitter on there Smile now has perfect clearance for local police station curb.. also some guy reversed into my side, must get a pic of it up

next thing on the list is to have my recently ordered £600 worth of parts fitted, currently have: fmic setup with pipework (c5 bottom pipe and 406 inlet elbow), an oil catch tank, 13 row mocal oil cooler, manual boost controller, 2x 10" slimline fans, boost gauge (bar), oil temp gauge, and oil pressure gauge, also have my hands on a near enough brand new TD04 turbo straight out of a subaru impreza, when all that is fitted and tested, stage 2 remap is a go! going to drive easy until i can afford a helix clutch kit Smile
Thanks given by:
Fair bit of work to go then mate iv got a lot of plans for mine just having the money, was thinking of getting a another engine, to have custom intake/exhaust manifold and bigger turbo.
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Those spoilers are awful, lose that along with the silly eyebrows & twatflaps and it would look alright
Thanks given by:
Says the kid driving a vectra? GTFO. lol

Not to my taste bud, but looks like you take care of her, nice to see something different.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm liking the car and the plans!
Have many people on here gone down the hdi bigger turbo route?
Thanks given by:
Hi mate. Plans sound good. I've fitted a helix paddle to mine, am going to be running a ko3s hybrid turbo with external waste gate and screamer pipe!
Thanks given by:
Are the k03s hybrids dear? And know where abouts i could order one online? Not sure what turbo to go with atm, friend is holding a td04 with 31k miles and no play for me atm, but hes lookin £120
Thanks given by:
I've looked into the TD04 route and IMO you want to have a bit of a re-think there, research the flow rates and efficiency, but also consider what boost you intend to run. If you're not looking at going beyond stage 2, I'd even question whether you need a bigger snail, mine is still on a standard K03 at 19psi and is making plenty of power.

IMHO, Don't get too hung up on turbo choices, do the other "supporting" mods first, you can still make plenty of boost for now and then once you have it sorted you can decide whether to fit a bigger turbo or not..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Just a little tip mate, you could get it that low on 306 -60mm gti springs and it would handle a hell of alot better, as the car is wayyyyy to heavy for those saxo springs,

Looks good though mate, brow's and filler cap isnt to my taste but the rest is spot on, the lows is nice and not well over done Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Brows and filler cap aren't great. Been there done that so each to their own. Plans sound good!
Thanks given by:
cheers lads, TD04L-13T purchased Smile thinking about removing the sticker on the front window and smoothing the bootlid, opinion?
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 06:31 PM)Adam Canning WSG Wrote: cheers lads, TD04L-13T purchased Smile [b]thinking about removing the sticker on the front window and smoothing the bootlid, opinion?[/b]

WIN

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
okay, so ive all the bits and bobs i need for stage 2, apart from 1 thing.. the clutch, but they all seem very overpriced, im looking something to handle 275lb+ of torque, but not looking to spend over £200.. does this sound realistic? ive looked at helix's, sachs' and lux's but there all very expensive.. also, can somebody link me to a good clutch to buy please? thanks
Thanks given by:
so aye, got everything ready to rock now, being left into mechanics on sunday night, should be ready in a week or 2, then saving for remap, this should be wise Big Grin
[Image: 2013-01-09192825_zpsce65dfc2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
your from ireland and your cars not dragging its arse. come on laddo, get with it.

seriously, car looks good mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
car look well adam

one thing though, are they new saxo springs? sitting while high at the front for 60 saxo's
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 09:40 PM)rickye Wrote: car look well adam

one thing though, are they new saxo springs? sitting while high at the front for 60 saxo's

Cheers lad, ayee 60 saxos, cant figure out why there sitting so high, at first i thought they just had to bed in but that was months ago and theres no difference now, getting my friends coilovers and going 3 nicks after the remap, so just gona leave er at this hight ty i get the money Smile

(10-01-2013, 08:57 PM)kingy Wrote: your from ireland and your cars not dragging its arse. come on laddo, get with it.

seriously, car looks good mate.

Thanks lad, i dont understand the sense in puttin er on er tits tbh, very impracticle and just makes the car look like scrap lol, going another nick and getting coilovers soonish, but going to lower it just enough to remove wheel gap, as the drive comfort is important to me Smile
Thanks given by:
aye, its not uncomon, i bought a set of saxo's for my old miami blue car, when i sold it back to my mate he fitted them and it was about the same height as yours, nearly higher than when it was on 60 dturbo's

3 nicks is the only way, just dont cut bumpstops, mine are and its the height of 4 nicks atm with a boot full
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2013, 12:28 AM)rickye Wrote: aye, its not uncomon, i bought a set of saxo's for my old miami blue car, when i sold it back to my mate he fitted them and it was about the same height as yours, nearly higher than when it was on 60 dturbo's

3 nicks is the only way, just dont cut bumpstops, mine are and its the height of 4 nicks atm with a boot full

The death i get for not being felt spec isnt even funny lol, coiloverd will soon be bough, then coilovers full down, helpers out an 3 nicks Smile u up for comin to the elk in a few weeks time lad? You can see this car in person :p
Thanks given by:
aye, been at the elk a few times but never bothered in my own car, no point she's dead n runnin like a bag o broken bottles, but might take a run up sometime

let me know when ur headin up sure, furthest i usaly am is kilrea atm, but was up around magherafelt there on saturday night and didnt have any bother
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 11:19 PM)rickye Wrote: aye, been at the elk a few times but never bothered in my own car, no point she's dead n runnin like a bag o broken bottles, but might take a run up sometime

let me know when ur headin up sure, furthest i usaly am is kilrea atm, but was up around magherafelt there on saturday night and didnt have any bother

nb lad, havnt been up there mysel since december tbh lol, fueling issues (cant afford the diesel lol) but hopefully wen ive the car all tuned up i wont have to worry about buying parts anymore and everything will be sweet Smile
Thanks given by:
Day one of the big tune up :p

[Image: 2013-01-14181449_zps6c6a0fdc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
seen the photo gavin put up of that on fb there, didnt know it was your's though
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 10:52 PM)rickye Wrote: seen the photo gavin put up of that on fb there, didnt know it was your's though

Awwk aye, gavins oul boy is my mechanic lol, them boys can farely tune a car hii, gavins had some nippy wee yoks in his time
Thanks given by:
The old turbo and the new Smile

[Image: 582324_4322079970026_2124534986_n_zpsb20a7357.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what is it?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 11:57 PM)Just Sean Wrote: what is it?

TD04L-13T lad, got it dead cheap and only 20,000 miles on it lol
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap what stage you doing?? Havent seen a hdi with a tdo4 yet like to see how this goes
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by: