Sick Tired And ***ing Fed Up...(Farmers?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Tired And ***ing Fed Up...(Farmers?)
Its quite well known that farmers that sell their produce to supermarkets get really really small profits out of them! Its a pisstake really but most supermarkets have no morals and dont give a shit about their suppliers. All they care about is how much profit they make!

Genuinely feel for you. Its a shit time for anyone whos self employed/small business at the moment especially if they work out side. My mums a self employed gardener and she has basically had 2 weeks off due to the weather. Obviously though for most, once the weather clears, they can go back to work. If the weather stays bad, it can destroy your crops!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Don't agree with all of that nial! We are a small company, and we are expanding just put a 300k order in for 2 new machines, and taking over the unit next door, we are finding that a lot of customers are bringing our type of manufacturing back to the uk!! I think they are finding china is cheap for a reason
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 12:35 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Don't agree with all of that nial! We are a small company, and we are expanding just put a 300k order in for 2 new machines, and taking over the unit next door, we are finding that a lot of customers are bringing our type of manufacturing back to the uk!! I think they are finding china is cheap for a reason

jonny i think every thing should be brought back to england manufacturing wise! as thats how alot of people in the country are out of work.
we dont even have a car britsh car maker anymore now, we used to have about 5?
also we dont have anything electrical thats britsh made now.
if there was another world war we will be f*cked!
Thanks given by:
Errr procta, jaguar? Land rover? Honda? Ford? They all build models in this country.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 09:23 PM)Niall Wrote: Errr procta, jaguar? Land rover? Honda? Ford? They all build models in this country.

yeah but they are not britsh owned are they? you could say the same about nissan which is Japanese.
Thanks given by:
BUt the point is, they are all keeping thousands of british people in jobs, working on cars which are mostly british engineered.

But back to the point, jonny i think you missed the point im making slightly. What i was saying is that people like farmers who's income is heavily affected by the weather, dont get shit if their crops are ruined. Its not like working for a company and it snows for a week but you still get paid for not going into work. When your self employed, theres no one to cover your wages if you cant work.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeh!! Iam self employed, fact of the matter is I don't see why we import stuff we grow and produce here!! I don't see why we subsidise foreign farmers and fishermen when we don't help our own! We are seeing an increase in my line of manufacturing in this country because the stuff from china is poorly made and often using counterfeit parts, we produce beef in this country so why the f*ck do we import it? We produce lamb in this country so why is all the lamb in the supermarkets from fecking New Zealand, shouldn't be allowed, we should only import once our own produce is all gone
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately, supermarkets dont give a shit about the quality of meat they sell unlike your local butchers and more often, its cheaper for them to import meat than it is to get it from farmers.

Stupid thing is, its not that much more expensive to go to a butchers but difference is, your supporting a dwindling high street and your also supporting a local farmer and british trade. Far too much money leaves this country because of companies like Tesco who dont care about us. They just care about their bank balance.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My Mrs always buys British farm produced meat,veg and fruit wherever possible.

A few mates and I are shotgunners so try and help out on the local farms
by keeping the pigeons down during sowing seasons too.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 10:32 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Yeh!! Iam self employed, fact of the matter is I don't see why we import stuff we grow and produce here!! I don't see why we subsidise foreign farmers and fishermen when we don't help our own! We are seeing an increase in my line of manufacturing in this country because the stuff from china is poorly made and often using counterfeit parts, we produce beef in this country so why the f*ck do we import it? We produce lamb in this country so why is all the lamb in the supermarkets from fecking New Zealand, shouldn't be allowed, we should only import once our own produce is all gone

i agree jonny, look whats happend with the beef, how do you know its 100% not mixed with another meat. when coming from over abroad? at least with the britsh farms you know where you stand.
Thanks given by:
Maybe someone will correct me if i'm wrong but supermarkets are f*cking over so many different businesses from every place in the chain, from the producers to retailers. I guess that's unregulated capitalism for you though...

Darren are there better margins for organic/ places like Riverford? We've ordered a few veg deliveries from them before, gorgeous it were, lovely fresh carrots etc.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday......I'm off sick !!! daddyfixit 6 1,644 31-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Dave
  The sick joke thread - NSFW the milkman 87 28,841 24-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  Sick of fixing this f*cking car. Dum-Dum 134 73,202 23-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Last Post: procta