Sick of fixing this f*cking car.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick of fixing this f*cking car.
I'm sick of fixing this broken arse 406 piece of shit. Someone motivate me please.

Every time i fix something it feels like 2 other things go wrong. I got the turbo oil feed leak fixed finally and on the first drive afterwards its decided that he oil now wants to come out the sump gasket and also a rear wheel bearing went.

Its just got a catalogue of faults and I love it but I'm gonna spend my life fixing it just to make it right before i can even start on modding it.

I know I said Id keep this one but I'm really tempted by a new car now cos I don't need this hassle. There's a nice bianca 6 on autotrader and a few good cabbys. The coupe even though its a HDi isn't even managing 30mpg round town and TBH at that money i wouldn't be much worse off in a petrol.
Thanks given by:
Chop the 2.2 in and get a 3.0 in better condition.

Reality is that you should have returned the silver boat to the dealer who flogged it with a 'catalogue' of faults.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Sadly Chris your probably right

bit late for that now.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but I'm brilliant at being that annoying 'I told you so' lady garden.

That's why I'm an essential part of this forum lol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
At least you know what's been fixed.

I've replaced so many parts on my car. I feel just as happy doing a mod to my car as I do servicing or repairing it. You do seem to have a high turn over of cars tho mate but remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

How many slammed 200bhp 406 hdi coupes on them wheels are there in the UK?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I want my old achingly pretty cabriolet back.

(15-03-2013, 02:54 PM)Arron Wrote: At least you know what's been fixed.

I've replaced so many parts on my car. I feel just as happy doing a mod to my car as I do servicing or repairing it. You do seem to have a high turn over of cars tho mate but remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

How many slammed 200bhp 406 hdi coupes on them wheels are there in the UK?

There cant be many but theres so much to fix im never gonna be able to afford to buy the coilovers especially at the rate stuff is breaking on it.
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 02:54 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I want my old achingly pretty cabriolet back.

I want that cabby back too Sad i got a bad case of sellers remorse when that went.
Thanks given by:
Sell it and buy/build a 306 again.
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 03:06 PM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(15-03-2013, 02:54 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I want my old achingly pretty cabriolet back.

I want that cabby back too Sad i got a bad case of sellers remorse when that went.
Me too

(15-03-2013, 03:10 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Sell it and buy/build a 306 again.
Yeah, I still got a ton of 306 parts in the garage including some suspension shinys.

There's a blue cabby on autotrader ATM, I'm gonna go and view it tomorrow morning, anyone want to come with me and make me be sensible. Its up for £900 so I'm gonna see if they'll tax and test it and do a straight swap for my coupe.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha ha ffs chris you change cars more than I change my catheta lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's a cabby it needs to be the 2.0, the 1.8 just can't haul the car quickly enough, feels like it's being strained.

I want my cabby back, an absolute fortune had been spent on it. Was a bit gay though!
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 03:30 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha ha ffs chris you change cars more than I change my catheta lol
Yeah but this 406 is shit.

(15-03-2013, 03:30 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: If it's a cabby it needs to be the 2.0, the 1.8 just can't haul the car quickly enough, feels like it's being strained.

I want my cabby back, an absolute fortune had been spent on it. Was a bit gay though!

That's why it suited you so well lol.

It'll defo be the 2.0, I don't care how people think the 1.8 is technically the better engine the 2.0 is more powerful and thus faster.
Thanks given by:
It'll defo be the 2.0, I don't care how people think the 1.8 is technically the better engine the 2.0 is more powerful and thus faster.
[/quote]

That made me laugh, deffinately a Dum-dum quote!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
He is right though, in the heavier cabby lack of torque the 1.8 engine has is really highlighted. The 1.8 revs better and is a lovely engine / better engineered, but better suited in the lighter hatch.

Unless you turbo'd a 1.8 of course...
Thanks given by:
Nah the 1.8 is technically the better engine but then there's some 50cc engines out there that technically amazing but would be totally useless in the fat arse cabby.
Thanks given by:
Or just chuck out whatever engine is in it and drop in a GTi/hdi as you see appropriate?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Xud cabby?
Thanks given by:
306 ftw....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get a cabby, put a '6 lump in it, stick the bodies on like you were supposed to and be happy...

Try to stop thinking the grass is greener, it's not always the case. I'm guilty of it too! Still to this day regret selling the Audi
Thanks given by:
2.1 Cabby Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes cos that's what you want whilst having a blast in your drop-top on a nice summers day... tractor noises.
Thanks given by:
Yea new car time lol.
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 04:39 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Xud cabby?
(15-03-2013, 04:57 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: 2.1 Cabby Wink

No and No. I wouldnt XUD one, I might consider HDi ing one especially if the 2.2 in my coupe wasnt leaking oil and possibly had a dead turbo.

(15-03-2013, 05:02 PM)Curt Wrote: Yes cos that's what you want whilst having a blast in your drop-top on a nice summers day... tractor noises.
Exactly.

(15-03-2013, 04:54 PM)Curt Wrote: Get a cabby, put a '6 lump in it, stick the bodies on like you were supposed to and be happy...

Try to stop thinking the grass is greener, it's not always the case. I'm guilty of it too! Still to this day regret selling the Audi
Yeah, I'm going to be grabbing my bodies back soon, from memory there's not alot left to do till they can be fitted. Think it just needs a little bit more making/modding and the air filter.

(15-03-2013, 05:03 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Yea new car time lol.
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Thanks given by:
This is more like it Big Grin please do it this time!
Thanks given by:
Stop buying cheap cars one after another wondering why there all going wrong and buy a half decent tidy car, or invest a decent ammount of money into a car to totally overhaul it, and then itl be fine...everytime you start tiding a car up you scrap it and start from scratch...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
would be quite possibly the most epic 306 cabby if it was on TBs...I shiver with orgasms when I hear a car at full chat with TBs!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hahahahahahahahaha I've been anticipating this thread ever since it pissed oil all over the dyno at ray wests
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
306 ftw
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When did you buy this, think it was late December wasn't it? I said three months, so close!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thing is though, whatever it is that you get next will only last a short amount of time before you're bored or it's broken. If you put the time, effort and money that you've spent on various cars since you sold me the estate all into ONE car, whatever it was, it'd be truly epic. Just sayin'
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday......I'm off sick !!! daddyfixit 6 1,638 31-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Dave
  It's f*cking Friday!!! C.A.R. 16 3,234 31-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: SupaStar88
  The sick joke thread - NSFW the milkman 87 28,831 24-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3