My fleet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My fleet
Well, not had many cars in the years i've been driving but have been selective about what and when.

Bought my HDi in 2005 for £4200 (bargain at the time, 5k book) as was commuting and needed a diesel, something i actually wanted to drive. 2 former owners, 4 years old and on 69500ish miles. Now it's 2012 and she's on 238 something miles, despite having sat still for most of the last 18 months whilst i've been overseas in South Africa. I wanted a moonstone originally, but the 3 doors were selling so fast and I needed one quickly, I opted for the first available good one - it happened to be my China blue baby, i actually ended up better off as it's a fantastic colour. Just had it's first clutch too - it hides the mileage well (well at least til the neighbour started using it as his car door stop it did).

[Image: 08112009062k.jpg]

[Image: 08112009060.jpg]

Only mods are some XSi half leathers (leaf pattern), some GTi6 front brakes (the 266s wore out lol) and stage 1.

Next up, after breaking my Rover after 7 years of ownership, I wanted a proper track toy/weekend slag. I found this neat little Bianca Rallye that was for sale with a cage and two buckets in it - perfect base. Was a tapper but i expected that. Here's the before, when the previous owner had (i think) attempted to emulate an R26R Megane:

[Image: ebay4.jpg]

Confused

Now, after a fair bit of work, she's looking like this:
[Image: IMAG0097.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0098.jpg]

Money shot:
[Image: IMAG0368.jpg]

It's now completed bar the fitment of my engine oil cooler, so when i get home she's off for the first MOT in my hands. Bit overdue but nothing I could've done after being sent here. Smile She's low boost which is fine for now, no real plans to go any further as I think it has enough spec as it is (my project thread is on here).

Last but not least, my baby. Bought it October 2010 after spotting it on Pistonheads for sale. Hadn't seen the colour before and knew from the advert it was what i'd been looking for. Rang up from Cape Town (working at Koeberg at the time) and enquired, arranged to view it as soon as I got home. Fell in love from the minute I heard it - about 3 minutes before I saw it. Rofl Was nigh on immaculate, and was sporting brand spanker TVR alloys, you knew he'd pampered it.

[Image: IMAG0188.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0198.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0180.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0193.jpg]

Rolex Blue Pearl Inlove

It turns heads like nothing i've ever been in, everyone looks from women to children, grown men to young lads. Sounds ferocious on full chat and pops and bangs as standard when warm. Lovely.

I'm lucky to have these but the HDi made it all possible. The thing is such a good motor it owes me nothing, if it blew up tomorrow I couldn't hold it against her. I just get in the car and go. Sure i've had to do some maintenance like replace the rear beam etc, but less than you'd actually think - mechanically the engine bay is all original. Long journeys do it good. I made a good choice all those years ago! Was looking at MOT history yesterday, it passed every MOT with me except the first, where the tester was actually wrong anyway but was less hassle to swap the handbrake lever to appease him! Twat!

Cheers
Simon
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
nice collection there, very jealous of the tvr, love a good tvr!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Nice little collection you have there! Oh my god though, that TVR. It looks a-mazing.
Thanks given by:
Video of the tvr in action Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good save on the Rallye there! I often think I wonder who bought my car new and what it would be like to buy it new myself with such little spec compared to today! TvR is nice altho I have never been too keen admittidly
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Lucky bastard. Trevor looks gorgeous, love the colour. The noise of those is rather special!
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:46 PM)Tom Wrote: Video of the tvr in action Wink

I've got some somewhere but only off my old phone, with amusing commentary from my mate. I need to make some more when I get it back - she's away having some new suspension fitted at the moment as one of the shocks was dead and I didn't have time to DIY before coming here.

(28-11-2012, 10:33 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Good save on the Rallye there! I often think I wonder who bought my car new and what it would be like to buy it new myself with such little spec compared to today! TvR is nice altho I have never been too keen admittidly

I too also wonder what it would've been like, but having said that when you look at a mid 90s car like my 214SEi that I had - it was considered well spec'd at the time, but had 4 tinny speakers, comfy seats, electric windows and mirrors and that was all! You get that in a Hyundai I10 these days!

I did see the potential through the chavvy tat haha. I actually did the maths on it before bidding, thinking that I could reshell if necessary. It had an OMP 6 point cage, nice OMP wheel, the top strut brace, two Cobra bucket seats, 2 5 point 3" TRS harnesses (nascar buckle though which is the only downside) and the electrical kill switch. He'd built it to use in competition, so it was all built to the MSA blue book. As I didn't attempt to haggle him down (despite the engine being a tapper, I expected that and factored it in) he gave me a free genuine Peugeot clutch and a set of Laser alloys which promptly got sold on. Bloke was nice enough about it, even though he'd gone on a strange quest to lighten it by ditching the door seals etc but leaving all the wiring and bracketry in.. Huh

I've got a mountain of parts sitting in the house to fit to it but no time, and have to get it through an MOT first to ensure all is well. I went to look at its previous MOT history before, and seems to have a few strange advisories about brake pipes being loose and stuff so i'll be giving those a good going over. Then i've got a Xsara beam, hybrid ARB, Baker BM mounts, Magnex decat and a few gauges to fit.
Thanks given by:
Well the Trevor is amazing, goes without saying. Strange that you originally wanted a Moonstone blue car, as that's pretty much all you can find these days on Y-plate! I originally wanted another China blue car but couldn't find one at the time.

You'd never have guessed the HDi had done that mileage from looking at it.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Thing is, back in 2005 these things were selling the minute they hit the trader. When it updated on the Thursday night I rang the number in the advert immediately, and by 9AM I was on his doorstep. He admitted to me on the phone he'd just got it and hasn't even had time to clean it.

I didn't care, shot down to Manchester on the Friday morning and took it for a test drive, got back and paid the deposit immediately. He'd had 3 phone calls whilst I was out and 1 more rang whilst I was paying the deposit! That's how quick these things were selling. If there were 15 3 door HDis advertised, you could guarantee they'd all be sold by mid-weekend. Crazy times.

Came with a HPI check from the supplier, and he was going to service it. Amusingly, when he took it away the crank pulley had failed and he had to have a new one fitted (still the same one now!). Also he offered a 3 month warranty and was true to his words - the exhaust fell off a week into my ownership when it snapped at the centre box - he came up trumps and put an exhaust on that lasted 5 years. Smile

Epic purchasement.
Thanks given by:
Is it a Rallye thing to have a slightly off passenger door? Thats 5 biancas I've seen now. Mine included.

Looks awesome though Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Not a clue what you're on about, paintwork is all the same colour on the passenger side. Drivers side had a spray job as it was a Cat D repair, but even that's a good match. My Halfords paint be aii Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Very nice cars mate. Love the rally.
Thanks given by:
Maybe just my eyes playing tricks on me making me not feel so bad for my own car haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I looked at a pic of yours, and reckon it's no different to mine - well other than the fact my conrods are still inside the block of course. Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest fleet addition: gti6 ozonehostile 21 4,912 20-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Last Post: StokesPug
  Washed the fleet Pete 5 1,717 20-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: samass