Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!
(28-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If my car was stolen I would phone the police, they would add it to the anpr database as stolen so yes it would flag up on the anpr. Therefore no need to pull randomers for that reason.

You missed the point with that mate.

Modern cars tend to be stolen by burglarys in the middle of the night (cos if they did it during the day you wouldnt be there and thus neither would your car to steal). So untill you wake up and maybe go out to pop to the shops and notice it missing it dosent get reported and dosent show on the ANPR database and its that first potentially 12 hours when the police have a really good chance of catching the thief otherwise itll either of gone to the scrap yard to be weighed in or be in a shipping container loaded onto a boat at a port. (thats aside from the really fast and practical stuff that gets laid up and hidden to be used in a bank job and see if its got a tracker on it)

Criminals ARE caught by random stops on commonly stolen cars in the early hours when they cant name who owns the car.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:54 PM)sean-306 Wrote: people go on holiday

Do they? They're lucky then. But tbh if you're going away for a while. You should probably invest in a steering wheel lock or clamp....
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If my car was stolen I would phone the police, they would add it to the anpr database as stolen so yes it would flag up on the anpr. Therefore no need to pull randomers for that reason.

You missed the point with that mate.

Modern cars tend to be stolen by burglarys in the middle of the night (cos if they did it during the day you wouldnt be there and thus neither would your car to steal). So untill you wake up and maybe go out to pop to the shops and notice it missing it dosent get reported and dosent show on the ANPR database and its that first potentially 12 hours when the police have a really good chance of catching the thief otherwise itll either of gone to the scrap yard to be weighed in or be in a shipping container loaded onto a boat at a port. (thats aside from the really fast and practical stuff that gets laid up and hidden to be used in a bank job and see if its got a tracker on it)

Criminals ARE caught by random stops on commonly stolen cars in the early hours when they cant name who owns the car.

Dum are you a police officer? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well actually....I don't choose to live in such a shit place, I was born into it, hardly my choice! But that's for another thread.

If my car was stolen I would phone the police, they would add it to the anpr database as stolen so yes it would flag up on the anpr. Therefore no need to pull randomers for that reason.

And you've still all missed the point with the tyre - the person can't afford to replace it, regardless of how many times they look at it. Rolleyes but its not causing anyone harm.

(28-11-2012, 08:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 08:54 PM)sean-306 Wrote: people go on holiday

Do they? They're lucky then. But tbh if you're going away for a while. You should probably invest in a steering wheel lock or clamp....

Until it goes bang and you kill someone/get killed of course. But yes, not causing anyone any harm Rolleyes If it's illegal then there is a reason someone has deemed it so, it's not up to us to question it. If you can't afford to replace it then you shouldn't be driving it on the road. Otherwise it's the same as saying, "I can't afford tax/insurance/MOT this month so I'm just going to keep driving without it".

Also, if they are busy saying up for that bald tyre then how do you expect them to afford a steering wheel lock? :blink:
(28-11-2012, 09:01 PM)Tom Wrote: Dum are you a police officer? lol

Someone's quick on the uptake TongueTongue
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
You're mixing points now.

A slightly low tyre sidewall isn't going to go bang. You have less grip IF you're right on the sidewalls - but they still sell budgets and you'd get less grip all round on them, yet they're legal somehow!

Not even gonna go there again with 'poor people shouldn't drive' thing as we will clearly have different opinions there.

And the steering lock was for someone on holiday....if they're rich enough for a holiday then they can afford a steering lock.
Thanks given by:
I was reading the whole lot thinking hmm he seems to know alot about this but it doesnt say for sure haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
depends where theyre going tom
Thanks given by:
Tbh tyres should be replaced when there's about 2mm of tread, your allowed to go to 1.6mm over 75% of the tread, so If the edge was bold, it could still be legal.. But yeah.

Random searches are a deterant at the end of the day, drunk people, people with drugs weapons etc won't show up on anpr.. Along with possible immigrants etc
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:15 PM)KrisB Wrote: If you get pulled then you get pulled don't ya? I've had 5 pulls in the 405 they shit me up 'cos I think I've done something wrong even though that's not the case. Routine checks don't just catch criminals, they get peoples cars sorted like bulbs, tyres, no seatbelt, correct child seats, mobile phone, fog lights, lane hoggers. They're not just out there to make everyones life a mysery, serve and protect no? Who else is going to do it? Do the dumb people who don't check their cars pay attention to random people flashing their lights to indicate they have a headlight out? Probably not.

As said, I hate being pulled, who wouldn't? And especially with a past like mine, I've had panda cars blatantly single me out of whatever other cars are around at rush hour, I've had 2 traffic cars and a motorbike all pile down on me before for a routine

If someone flashes me - I know that there is potentially a defect with my car whether it be something hanging off, headlight out whatever. I get out and check. As for being pulled by 2 traffic cars and a bike, I've been piled down on by 3 traffic cars and had a helicopter above me, they flash me I stop as normal as I'm innocent and get ragged about because I'm resisting arrest where blatantly I have jumped out of the car with docs in hand ready...Reason for their bullish attitude: My car was flagged as stolen, they radio through to tell them that they had recovered the car and got the driver too give them the registration "No you've pulled the wrong one." My registration was M*** OOX the car they was looking for was N*** OVS. Did I get an apology, no they decided to try and find something else wrong.

(28-11-2012, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I just don't find it 'fair' for cops to wait in a certain car park picking on people TRYING to find something illegal about thier vehicle.

Agree fully there Tom...Best place for them to park round here is the entrance to the train station which is just off of the one way system, they park up and sneakily hide themselves away...If you go round it a bit quick they stop you...If you're going slow...they stop you. Yet the amount of times I have seen cars go around the one way system THE WRONG f*cking WAY. They don't even bat an eyelid!

And as for tailgaters, I thought they'd bought a law out against it, the coppers round here are the worst f*ckers for it.

In simple terms the police really need to buck their ideas up if they expect any amount of respect when they penalise people or irritate them "Because I'm bored" it's just not an excuse. My cousin's a copper...She will not tug ANYONE unless she can actually see that they have done something wrong or they look suspicious.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You didnt get prosecuted for anything, and their are routes to laws in place that you can go down if you get pulled more than twice in 1 week I think? So there are harassment laws in place too..
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 09:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You're mixing points now.

A slightly low tyre sidewall isn't going to go bang. You have less grip IF you're right on the sidewalls - but they still sell budgets and you'd get less grip all round on them, yet they're legal somehow!

Not even gonna go there again with 'poor people shouldn't drive' thing as we will clearly have different opinions there.

And the steering lock was for someone on holiday....if they're rich enough for a holiday then they can afford a steering lock.

Jesus f*ck sacks Tom, I can't believe the drivel you come out with sometimes!

Having no road tax isn't hurting anyone. Neither is not having a valid MOT, or insurance. Until something goes wrong. Fact of the matter is if you can't afford to drive, you don't drive. It's a privilege, not a right, and unfortunately if you can't afford £40 to replace a budget tyre then you really shouldn't be driving a car, full stop.

Imagine how f*cked you'd be when that tyre you're driving on that has been deemed illegal could be found to have lead to an accident where you killed a young mum and left her child orphaned? Invalid insurance, no third party or legal cover, how deep do you want the long arm of the law to f*ck you?

I'm very much of the opinion that if you can't afford to fix it, leave it well alone until you can afford to fix it.

I also believe that the Police sometimes issue rectification notices for defective parts. If it's not THAT bad, like the worn shoulder of a tyre, they can give you, say, a week to fix it and if they see you on the road after that without fixing it, THEN it's squeaky bum time?

If you have to save up for a month to do it, tough shit. You live in the sticks and work is miles away? Tough shit. Again if you can't afford to get to work AND save up for a new tyre, you probably shouldn't have committed to running a car in the first place, it's obviously more than said person could budget for anyway given tyres are consumables and WILL need replaced eventually.

Is a £30 fine and 3 points really that much of a penalty for a lack of common sense, when the potential consequences could be so much worse?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: tumblr_m9t9crCTfv1rt62tfo1_500.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:19 PM)Dan! Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m9t9crCTfv1rt62tfo1_500.jpg]

[Image: NOT-SURE-IF-THAT-IS-A-MEME-OR-AN-INSULT.jpg]
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:10 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I also believe that the Police sometimes issue rectification notices for defective parts. If it's not THAT bad, like the worn shoulder of a tyre, they can give you, say, a week to fix it and if they see you on the road after that without fixing it, THEN it's squeaky bum time?

This is very true they're referred to as VDR Notices (Vehicle Defect Rectification)...I remember getting one on my old car as I had a really loud blowing exhaust, luckily enough I had the new downpipe (It was a Rover 416 with a broken flexi on the downpipe) copper was quite decent with me and told me to get it fitted ASAP and present it to be checked out.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tell ya what I'm fed up of hearing driving is a priveledge. It isn't. Would you like to tell my widdowed nans that driving is s priveledge? They have been stuck in thier house since my grandad's died - they can't get on busses even though its free, as the step is too high and they can't walk as far as the bus stop. The only time they go out is shopping once a week with me or my mum. Then there's my mum, she has to start work before 9, there isn't a bus, she wouldn't be able to work without her car. My step dad works different hours and has to travel to different places...that's fairly essential to his job, again jot a priveledge.

I agree in a city you don't necessarilly need a car, but out here, driving is not a priveledge. Id love to not have to use ny car and live in.walking distance of everything, it'd be so much cheaper and I could buy something I actually want instead of something for mpgs, but while I'm stuck here I will need the car every day.
Thanks given by:
Yes you need a car but that doesn't mean you have a right to drive.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to have to agree with tom here, in rural areas driving is pretty much a need
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 09:23 AM)Scott Wrote: Yes you need a car but that doesn't mean you have a right to drive.

It's not a 'right', in that you have to go through the proper system to gain a licence.

But it is a necessity rather than a priveledge.
Thanks given by:
But you choose to live there!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 09:23 AM)Scott Wrote: Yes you need a car but that doesn't mean you have a right to drive.

It's not a 'right', in that you have to go through the proper system to gain a licence.

2 legs
Bicycle
Man up?

Its not a necessity
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 03:06 PM)Jonny b Wrote: But you choose to live there!!

No, I dont! I'm getting out of this arse-end-of-knowwhere as soon as possible!
Thanks given by:
I agree with Tom as well, this thread seems to seperate the dicks from the reasonable people.
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 03:31 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I agree with Tom as well, this thread seems to seperate the dicks from the reasonable people.

I think that's quite unreasonable tbh.
Each side makes a good point. But at the end of the day.. Its the law. Its black and white and clear as day. You know it and live by it and if you don't like it then take a trip to the local ferry port
If you play with fire then expect to get burnt
Thanks given by:
People have an opinion, just because it is not in agreement with yours doesn't make it wrong, and doesn't make them a dick.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha Iam a dick! But Iam right
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

sorry tom but thats utter shite. Driving IS a privilege and theres no arguing it. If everyone were allowed to drive, there would be too many cars on the road (there already is anyway) and too many people driving for the sake of it. you live in the middle of nowhere, you plan for that.
what did people do 100 years ago eh?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
100 years ago people lived in towns and had amenities close by, there was no tescos 15 miles away, youd have your butcher, baker etc within walking distance. Or they had horses/pony and trap to get to the town if they lived in a shitty village. Times change.

And lol Phil.....so you need to go to the shop for your weeks worth of food - its 15 miles away and you're gonna have heavy bags - you still walk? Or even bicycle? No, you clearly don't/haven't lived out of town lol.
Thanks given by:
Where there is a will... There is a way
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 07:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: And lol Phil.....so you need to go to the shop for your weeks worth of food - its 15 miles away and you're gonna have heavy bags - you still walk? Or even bicycle? No, you clearly don't/haven't lived out of town lol.

No, they get a 'ped. Epic MPG's that'd make even you happy (for a while).
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 07:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 100 years ago people lived in towns and had amenities close by, there was no tescos 15 miles away, youd have your butcher, baker etc within walking distance. Or they had horses/pony and trap to get to the town if they lived in a shitty village. Times change.

And lol Phil.....so you need to go to the shop for your weeks worth of food - its 15 miles away and you're gonna have heavy bags - you still walk? Or even bicycle? No, you clearly don't/haven't lived out of town lol.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coppers in Lincolnshire! InkedMuttley 35 12,272 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Toms306