Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!
Going to the garage last night to get some fags as I was out there was a copper in an ANPR car at opposite traffic lights I went over he spun back and I obviously thought "Not on the insurance database yet, no worries!" followed me for ages I'm driving sensibly etc then he flashes me so I stopped for him. Didn't ask me if I knew why he'd stopped me etc didn't ask for anything besides my name...

Gave him my name and he turns around to me "Have you been arrested before?" my reply: "Yes I have and it was deemed to be an official police error"

I then decided to ask why I had been stopped and got his reply: "I'm bored, so I've decided to stop EVERY car I see and hope that I can find something on them."

He then explains that I have no license to which I argued the fact it got to the point where he had called through to get another unit out for transport they arrived and they've stopped me before...The new coppers to the one that stopped me: "What name did you check out? If you did it just by the name Brown that's why it's come up as having no license, his name is double barreled you need to run his full name"

The bored copper: "Have you got your license on you?"

Me: "Yes officer, I always have it with me"

The bored copper: "So why didn't you tell me you had it with you?"

Me: "You didn't ask."

Everything was in order but I just cannot believe why they think just because they have a uniform it gives them the opportunity to effectively bully people if they are bored, admitted there is a few coppers that are decent folk but the majority seem like real pricks!!!

*RANT OVER!*
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wow, did he actually say he was bored?? should report him for harassment or something!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
most coppers are fine and are quite fair but then you get the wankers like dumdum and this guy who like the power they have which isnt on!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
To be honest mate it sounds like you created half of that hassle yourself though. You could have just given him your license after he said you don't have one?
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:09 PM)Niall Wrote: most coppers are fine and are quite fair but then you get the wankers like dumdum and this guy who like the power they have which isnt on!

true that. fortunately, in all my encounters with the 5-0 i've had either reasonable, friendly, or even fun coppers. and some of the shit heaps i've driven, they've NEEDED a sense of humour! lol

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:11 PM)samass Wrote:
(27-11-2012, 07:09 PM)Niall Wrote: most coppers are fine and are quite fair but then you get the wankers like dumdum and this guy who like the power they have which isnt on!

true that. fortunately, in all my encounters with the 5-0 i've had either reasonable, friendly, or even fun coppers. and some of the shit heaps i've driven, they've NEEDED a sense of humour! lol

Same here except one fat bastard who thought i was a burglar. He was looking for someone in a audi estate. when i told him i was in a skoda, he got well shitty and checked me over and partially searched the car. think he decided to give up when he opened the boot and saw how much stuff was in there Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
hahaha i remember you telling me that story, what a douche!

i think my least pleasant encounter was when i got caught speeding on the way back from brighton, but that wasnt unpleasant, he was just routine, no extra shit, just what was needed. suited me fine, done in 5 mins

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:10 PM)Scott Wrote: To be honest mate it sounds like you created half of that hassle yourself though. You could have just given him your license after he said you don't have one?

That part was slightly muddled he actually called for transport before telling me that I had no license showing.

(27-11-2012, 07:11 PM)samass Wrote: true that. fortunately, in all my encounters with the 5-0 i've had either reasonable, friendly, or even fun coppers. and some of the shit heaps i've driven, they've NEEDED a sense of humour! lol

Admitted, when I wrote my Primera off the copper that came out (to help me out as there was debri everywhere and it was a busy road!) was a little blonde bird and at the time I was thoroughly f*cked off asked what happened etc I told her and explained why it couldn't of come at a worse time even got a hug off of her which was pretty f*cking cool for a copper. The majority I agree are genuine decent folk but then you get the power-crazy pricks that think it's okay!

(27-11-2012, 07:07 PM)samass Wrote: wow, did he actually say he was bored?? should report him for harassment or something!

He actually said that yes! As for reporting him I forgot to get his badge number *FACEPALM*

Thanks given by:
yeah, its just a shame you get some bellends who take the power too seriously and forget that they are there to actually HELP the ublic, not just find a reason to charge them...

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:18 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
Quote:To be honest mate it sounds like you created half of that hassle yourself though. You could have just given him your license after he said you don't have one?
That part was slightly muddled he actually called for transport before telling me that I had no license showing.
Fair enough Smile
Thanks given by:
Heh, I don't see the problem with that. He probably was joking with you when he said he was bored TBH. It happens. There are some real knobheads though of which I don't think your chap belonged.
Thanks given by:
You are aware that the road traffic act gives police the power to stop any vehicle to check the drivers documents? So having nothing better to do and being out looking for people breaking the law (like those with no licence and insurance that put up all our insurance premiums) is apparently bang out of order. Would you prefer that the police sat in the police station drinking tea all day? I take it that your aware that most burglars (especially in the country side) use a vehicle to transport their ill gotten gains?

Come on your moaning about the police doing what their paid for and you cant claim some sort of discrimination or harassment if hes stopping everyone.

If you dont want to get stopped driving a car then dont drive a car.

Maybe look at it that 1 in 10 cars is uninsured so if he pulls over 10 drivers in a night then hes going to be able to seize a car off one of them.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You are aware that the road traffic act gives police the power to stop any vehicle to check the drivers documents? So having nothing better to do and being out looking for people breaking the law (like those with no licence and insurance that put up all our insurance premiums) is apparently bang out of order. Would you prefer that the police sat in the police station drinking tea all day? I take it that your aware that most burglars (especially in the country side) use a vehicle to transport their ill gotten gains?

Come on your moaning about the police doing what their paid for and you cant claim some sort of discrimination or harassment if hes stopping everyone.

If you dont want to get stopped driving a car then dont drive a car.

Maybe look at it that 1 in 10 cars is uninsured so if he pulls over 10 drivers in a night then hes going to be able to seize a car off one of them.

Isn't it more the point that a. the copper needed a reason to pull him, and being bored just isn't adequate, and b. the ANPR is designed specifically to check documents on a vehicle, so random pulling doesn't have to occur.

I think it's half & half; it's nice to see the coppers actually doing something, but it's a f*cking pain in the arse that he's fannying about with people who have all their documents and haven't actually done anything wrong, rather than actually going to catch proper crims....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Im on first name terms in bury and get left alone after having to go to the station to file several harrasment and since that a few years ago not had a pull since

half of them have a laugh wen they pull up next to me at lights, had a panda car once tey catch up for a good ten mins, and was havin a right laugh once he told me not to do it again n was really interested in the blaze haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ed im sure dum will correct me but i dont think coppers need a reason to stop you at all. if they want to check your documents, they can!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Come on your moaning about the police doing what their paid for and you cant claim some sort of discrimination or harassment if hes stopping everyone.

That's not what I was getting at it was his attitude when I asked why he had stopped me to me "I'm bored" isn't an excuse if he had said "Just a random stop check, nothing to worry about" then it would of been totally different. The other bit that was out of order was arranging for transport BEFORE giving me a chance to explain why there was no license showing or even for him to actually ask for the documents before the transport arrived.

And as for Lincolnshire Police catching criminals...They couldn't catch a f*cking cold, even if they tried!

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:56 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Isn't it more the point that a. the copper needed a reason to pull him, and being bored just isn't adequate, and b. the ANPR is designed specifically to check documents on a vehicle, so random pulling doesn't have to occur.
Nah you dont need a reason to stop a car, you can pull them over to check documents.

ANPR isnt great for catching uninsured vehicles. Most uninsured drivers have some sort of insurance showing on their car, just not for them to drive (having a parent or partner insured is common place) ANPR also dosent tell us whos driving and until facial recognition is regularly used it never will. You have to stop cars to find dodgy drivers.

(27-11-2012, 07:57 PM)Niall Wrote: ed im sure dum will correct me but i dont think coppers need a reason to stop you at all. if they want to check your documents, they can!
Correct

(27-11-2012, 07:58 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: That's not what I was getting at it was his attitude when I asked why he had stopped me to me "I'm bored" isn't an excuse if he had said "Just a random stop check, nothing to worry about" then it would of been totally different. The other bit that was out of order was arranging for transport BEFORE giving me a chance to explain why there was no license showing or even for him to actually ask for the documents before the transport arrived.

And as for Lincolnshire Police catching criminals...They couldn't catch a f*cking cold, even if they tried!
Id be inclined to agree about linconshire police. I remember pinching the hub caps off a police car at a meet in linconshire. the copper was a mate of one of the people at the meet and he had to call him back to collect his hub caps.

Fair point about attitude, I suspect your probably trying to say its more how he said it then what he said. Country cops will regularly call for back up before they actually need it just in case as back up can be a VERY long way away and even though it might be 15 mins away which youd think isnt a very long time have you ever tried fighting with someone solidly for 15 minutes, youd want to pass out at half of that.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 08:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Fair point about attitude, I suspect your probably trying to say its more how he said it then what he said. Country cops will regularly call for back up before they actually need it just in case as back up can be a VERY long way away and even though it might be 15 mins away which youd think isnt a very long time have you ever tried fighting with someone solidly for 15 minutes, youd want to pass out at half of that.

I'm not in the country though...I'm in a seaside resort, the season is over it was just before 2am and I was at the time about 300 yards away from the Police station...

Thanks given by:
I think there are some very short sighted people on here!

As Dum-dum's already said, the police don't have to have a reason to stop you. If you watch enough Road Wars/Traffic Cops you begin to see how often stop-checking a random car results in more coming to light. Like Dum said, just because a vehicle has insurance showing doesn't mean the driver has it, and it doesn't mean that the driver is legal to drive it (I.E. not over the limit/stoned etc).

And yes it was probably just the coppers attitude that stank but at the end of the day he has a job to carry out and is only human. I'm quite happy to hear that they do have the resources to be able to perform random stop-checks!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a matter of perception. Someone stopping for a check or someone harassing can be perceived very differently between different people.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

exactly this minus the dum dum bit. Ive only ever met one who was a half wanker and was having a go at me for having a modified car! This seems really out of order and the guy seems hardly professional. Id make a complaint!
Thanks given by:
The "im bored" but was amusing Big Grin.

As long as your legal, the coppers are your friends!(well, most of them anyway!)
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 08:44 PM)RePT Wrote: As long as your legal, the coppers are your friends!(well, most of them anyway!)

Meh, I'm willing to bet everyone on here has broken the law in some way.

Most of it will be due to speeding...
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
TBH id be willing to bet everyone here has broken the law outside of the road traffic act. Theres some really obscure stuff in the law.
Thanks given by:
Including you?

whistle
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Inb4lawsagainstbeingginger
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 08:59 PM)Matty Wrote: Meh, I'm willing to bet everyone on here has broken the law in some way.

Most of it will be due to speeding...

Never broken the law other than being caught pissing in a hedge never been caught speeding either...I did once think I had been caught was going up the M1 not long after I had passed my test in a rental car (Peugeot 307 2.0HDi FTW!) had been stuck at 110mph for about 3 or 4 miles as the motorway was empty when all of a sudden I saw a blue light coming up behind me which then cloned itself and there was 2 blue lights and then it did it again and there was 3 so I slowed down but they went straight on.

Other than that I've been driving 5 years in Feb, no points at all and generally a good boy (Yes I am a comedian!)

Thanks given by:
[/quote]

I'll second lincolnshire police been useless, when my motorbike was stolen and recovered i was arrested the next day for stealing it WTF???
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 12:31 AM)306Dan Wrote: I'll second lincolnshire police been useless, when my motorbike was stolen and recovered i was arrested the next day for stealing it WTF???

ROFLMAO!!! Sorry dude I honestly didn't think that my arrest could be beaten I was arrested for burgling my own garage but that there takes the biscuit!!!

Thanks given by:
I remember when I was 17 at college doing my mechanic apprenticeship, me and my mate go pulled over, he seem latex gloves and handcuffed us both, before searching the car, and finding my mums police hq car pass (she works for them..) then accused me of stealing that. Until he did a pic check and my mum answered and gave him a bollocking, his face was a picture! Smile

That's the only 1 I've had problems with, but 90% know me from my mother..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coppers in Lincolnshire! InkedMuttley 35 12,270 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Toms306