A3 boost hunting!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A3 boost hunting!
(28-11-2012, 09:23 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm not talking about power - I'm talking about delivery. The K03S will never put out 280... you'll struggle to get that out of a K04. Max on a K03S will be around the 240 region. But, it'll be much more drivebale and much less laggy. The K03 is a straight swap of course - it's the same turbo as you have now but with a different compressor. There is in fact no such thing as a "K03S", it's just a later type of K03 that's been given that nick name. Be wary of turbos that get called that but aren't, some of the 180bhp cars have a normal K03 with a different actuator.

K03S was the way I was going to go, it'll still be a quick car.

As was mine, I don't know what Sam means.

Agree to all of this but in terms of power output go read Prawns thread on ASN, he has dyno figures of 350 on a K04, Welly also achieved the same figures.

I'm torn between where to go as realistically I don't think ill get any chance to use that big power so you are right in that the K03s probably delivers what I am looking for

And new wheels will aid that
Thanks given by:
Nah you're alright lol, been there done that. Although, they must be hybrid K04's, there's no way they're standard... and I'm quite familiar with Prawns car from my time on there. Welly's is DEFINITELY not a standard K04 lol

Yes, of course, new wheels are very important and must be done first.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 09:33 PM)Curt Wrote: Nah you're alright lol, been there done that. Although, they must be hybrid K04's, there's no way they're standard... and I'm quite familiar with Prawns car from my time on there. Welly's is DEFINITELY not a standard K04 lol

Yes, of course, new wheels are very important and must be done first.

Ok so it's slightly modified, it's a k04 at heart.
Most likely in terms of cost and ease of use both instillation and drivability it looks like ill be going down the k03s route anyway you can pick up refurbished ones for 170-200 which is fairly reasonable.

The stage one map is great but it could do with that extra, and since the map I'm getting severe turbo whine so think the 180k k03 may be wanting retirement in the form of my shed.

I also need to read up more as I know f*ck all about turbo models
Thanks given by:
Haha, no they're just not K04's lol

Read up on Borg Warner:

http://www.elitedubs.com/index.php/topic,809.0.html
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 09:44 PM)Curt Wrote: Haha, no they're just not K04's lol

Read up on Borg Warner:

http://www.elitedubs.com/index.php/topic,809.0.html

Taaaaaa.
I've made space for another set of wheels...
Thanks given by:
Good man
Thanks given by:
K03 058 seems the best to go for, one on eBay for 160.. Done deal!
Thanks given by:
Jeez you audi bumders get a room!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I do like these little turbo petrols.. been out in a friends ibiza cupra and it was great fun! Kept up with everything else well Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The dash goes all wierd, pretty much the revo stage 1 and 2 maps f**k around with theelectrics inside the car and the dials go all wierd what im saying is the ttrs dials fit straight in a sort it all
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never heard of or seen that before. Had a Revo on my old 1.8T for nearly 2 years and it was perfect. I don't see why it would? There's not even any reason for it to change that aspect of the car
Thanks given by:
So, had the car for 3 months now which is an absolute record for me.
Really just waiting for the time/warmth to stick the K03s in, until summer comes around. 240bhp is a sensible figure for winter running and they are bloody fun with that.
Currently peaked at about 193bhp which is still fun but just by sticking on that turbo you can have a lot more, less turbo stressing fun. Could squeeze a few more horses out with WMI but not going to bother.
Also picked up this beauty http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99-04-VW-Golf-...6rk%3D2%26

220 for a turbo back 3" exhaust, massively helps spool time, doesn't kill my head and sounds absolutely win.
Thanks given by:
If you're going for 240bhp then it won't be less stress... that is maxing out a K03S. You going to go to R-Tech and get it live mapped? I'd just let them set it up as they know their stuff, if you just go all out you may find it goes pop
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2012, 07:16 PM)Curt Wrote: If you're going for 240bhp then it won't be less stress... that is maxing out a K03S. You going to go to R-Tech and get it live mapped? I'd just let them set it up as they know their stuff, if you just go all out you may find it goes pop

Not completely maxing you can get more out of it. The k03 in now is whining like an absolute bitch so it needs to come out anyway.
R tech was my plan anyway Niki really knows his shit, only other place I'd consider is badger 5.
Thanks given by:
Not without it going pop. I'm talking STOCK K03S, don't start on hybrids again! lol

Don't forget I've done a lot of research on this when I was looking at doing this years ago.

Exhaust looks good.
Thanks given by: