Bosch governor questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch governor questions
I am going on a scrappy trip at the weekend and I know for a fact that they have at least three cars with XUDs equipped with the ECU Bosch pump on them which is mechanically the same as the non ECU ones. I also know that there is a practically infinite amount of old transits there, which also have Bosch pumps, albeit the DI versions. So my questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible to get the top off the ECU Bosch pumps without the armoured plating over the immobiliser getting in the way and;

2. Does the governor from the Transit Bosch fit without any adverse effects; that is, if it fits at all?
Thanks given by:
1. Yes

2. The govenors are different
Thanks given by:
2. Yes but can they be adapted to fit in anyway? Just want to know so that I could get a couple spare, even if they are not an exact fit.
Thanks given by:
Oh they fit fine - but they are different.
Thanks given by:
And you already know this since dave replied to you about the transit ones and then followed that up with this post -

Dave Wrote:Transit govnor cradle, the radius to main throttle shaft is just longer, so throttle response it quicker, and travel is further.

in the TD04 thread...........so why are you asking again??
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Well there are a few points that I wanted to clear up without taking that thread too far off topic. From Dave's reply am I right in assuming that the Transit Bosch's governor is actually the better one? As in, should I go for one of them if I have the choice over a standard Bosch one? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
The transit one will fit, but get a stock one if you can, the pumps conventional stops are setup to that, also with a longer movement you risk unhooking it from the leverset - which i've done before, and promptly shit myself as the collar slid right down to the head, full bore fuelling.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I went to the scrappy today and I managed to strip the top of the pump and whatnot but the armoured plating over the ECU pump won't allow me to lift off the top bit and I can't move it side ways because of the throttle shaft (obviously).

It would really put my mind at ease having a spare governor cradle just for the sake of half an hour in the scrappy so does anyone know of any tricks to get the top of the pump off when the plating is in the way?

Oh and Dan! I think you were trying to be far too clever in answering my question with a simple 'yes' because now we have seen it is not the case Tongue

Luckily for you I am going back to the scrappy anyway because they've got a Dturbo with a Turbo bumper which are really rare around here so I want to snap it up before it goes Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow a turbo powered bumper?! That must add atleast 100bhp!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Come on if you are going to spam then at least back it up with something useful :roll: I meant the bumper of the Dturbo, XSi and GTi models Tongue
Thanks given by:
Oooh dont I feel stupid now
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Couple of bosch questions... philpemberton94 11 2,254 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
  Bosch pump questions bashbarnard 9 2,229 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: pugmanxud
  More Bosch pump questions Martin306 9 3,521 17-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Dave