S16Turbo,SOLD!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S16Turbo,SOLD!!!!!
Well Santa came with the cage.... and im wel pleased with it.... Gonna have a go at it tomorrow..

Here are some pics!

[Image: DSC_0651.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0662.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0658.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0660.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0654.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow that is an awesome looking cage there bud, you already had all the plates done in the car?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to the installation pics. that cage is a work of art, id have that on display in my house Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Should be a piece of piss with all the joints it has Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will make some pics tomorrow, i think ill put a few blankets over and sleep in it tonight Wink

Birk go make me some pics of your new black car from the side please mate!
Thanks given by:
It's pitch black outside lol
Thanks given by:
Hahaha go find a gasstation, lmao!
Thanks given by:
f*ck that shit, our lass is waiting in bath for me lol
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, have fun bro, make some tomorrow if you have the time...
Thanks given by:
Yea mate no problems, I'll sort some in morning.
Thanks given by:
Thx Birk

Also bought me another seat.... why? uhmm good question, just couldnt let this one pass.

Costs new almost 1000 euro! full carbon/kevlar, alu sidemounts from OMP ( 105 euro pair)

And it is brandspanking new... will make some pics when it arrives here

[Image: GA1.jpg]
[Image: GA2.jpg]
[Image: GA3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, im having mayor troubles fitting the cage.. some things are way off!, its much to low... i think they had to much to drink when fabricating this on, cause the mainhoop is almost 10cm to small, frontlegs are to short in length bij almost 20cm, and its like 25cm to low.
Bottomline ,theyve made a superb cage, just not for my 306, lmao..

Theyre coming on saturday for inspection, and by my looks they have to make a complete new cage! cause when you alther the mainhoop, al the rest wont fit either anymore.

So theyre back to the drawingtable Wink

Ive testfitted the rearwheels, and sprayed my A pillargaugeholder for the 306, i had a universal one but that one sucked tits and i gave it to the dog to chew on.
It was gayish fake carbonlook, so now its nice and black... rattlecans for the win!

will post some pics in a bit!
Thanks given by:
I love this car so much!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
How did they get the cage so wrong? Take it this means they will pay for paint on the next one lol
Thanks given by:
THx David! will be better when its on the ground on its own wheels, the pics ive made are crap so i wont post them here.. well just have to wait for wheelwhoring pics Wink

Jonny, i dont know, they took their time measuring and writing down very proffesionally al things, but i think its almost impossible to make a good fitting cage this way, with the mainhoop it went wrong, and when you get that thing wrong everything will be a mess.
I know what time and effort went into the cage so its a damn shame... cause they wont be able to salvage anything for this 306 from this cage.. maybe for another car they can use some bits.

I hope tomorrow my new rearspoiler gets in, ive ordered some new 330mm discs for the front from Zimmerman, my extra raceseat should be here tomorrow, ive ordered some new AN6 aero fittings for the injectorrail, should be here tomorrow.
Need to go buy some tools tomorrow, and then i think ill have a go at the coilovers at the front, ive sold the konis, so i need to get them from the car, and send them on their way to their new owner.

Need to install the clutch and flywheel , and then remount the gearbox to the engine.. bought an 3" zorst (exhaust) from Simons, that needs to be welded to the rest of the 3" exhaust.

Im really kinda dissapointed the cage is such a failure, would be nice to get the inside kinda finished, looking for some carbonfiber doorcards, got some QSP 3" harnasses laying around ( sold the 3" sabelts 2 weeks ago) stupid!!!!!! didnt think i needed those anymore, but driving with a fullcage is kinda dangerous and even more dangerous with the standard seatbelts.

+ since ive f*cked up my speedo/dash lightning ive ordered some custom plasma dials, just like oem black, but then that the dials light up in white plasma, should be looking great! wont be getting those around 15 jan.

Wel i try to make some pics tomorrow

cheers!
Thanks given by:
So how long before you get another cage bud?
Thanks given by:
This has to be one of the best builds on here there's soo much win Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thx Sam, itll get better i promise Wink soo much win and soooooooooo much fail on the cage , lol!

Jonny, i dont have an idea, theyre coming over on saturdaynight to have a look and see what has to be done ( build me a new cage GDMNIT!!)
the first time i said i wasnt in a hurry so it took for like a good month, since ive payed for the whole damn thing already.... im setting them on a deadline...
I even told them they could refund my money, and then i would just buy and omp or wiechers cage, but they insisted on getting a 2nd chance to do things right... and being the hansom nice guy i am Wink i told them i was oke.....hahaha

Well just have to wait and see what they say on saturday...
Thanks given by:
New Zimmerman 330mm brakediscs are in
[Image: DSC_0688.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0690.jpg]

The old one are still failry good, but they look like s**t, new fresh ones will look much better and some holes are always nice.
Thanks given by:
Good luck hope it works out this time bud!! I want to see pics with it in!
Thanks given by:
This project is actually awesome! Big Grin

I'm just curious as to how you can afford so much stuff for the car? What job do you do lol? Smile
Thanks given by:
Im a proffesional bankrobber Wink
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 03:16 PM)306GT30 Wrote: Im a professional bum rubber Wink

EFA (and spelling)
Thanks given by:
lmfao!
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 03:16 PM)306GT30 Wrote: Im a proffesional bankrobber Wink

Ah that makes sense I guess. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well weve installed the SACHS race clutch and coverplate, the gearbox has been converted and ready for the pressureplate, tried to install the SACHS HD release bearing but that one didnt fit, so put in a stock one.
All installed and ready to go....
[Image: DSC_0701.jpg]

Installed sandwichplate for the mocal oilcooler, and oilfeed
[Image: DSC_0694.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0695.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0693.jpg]

Having a look at the swirlpot, wont be using the black hoses, most likely wil use the nice aero fittings and braided hose.
[Image: DSC_0714.jpg]
Bosch Motorsport 044 pump, and theres a Walbro 255LPH in the tank
[Image: DSC_0715.jpg]
If this is to much work for now, ill do it in a later stage...

MSD ingnition, need to make a new bracket for it
[Image: DSC_0717.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0719.jpg]

Modified cover for the MSD, stripped and ready for wrinkling!!!
[Image: DSC_0722.jpg]

They came over to have a look at the cage, and just what i thought theyre going to make complete new cage, took new measurements and i hope we wont have trouble with cage nr2.

Also ditched the front doorcards, and ordered 4 carbon doorcards, should be here in a week or 3 , since there made to order.

New pics soon!
Thanks given by:
Ooohhhhhh shinies! Looking good mate. Shitter about the cage though
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Wel i ordered some carbonplates... and had a go at the glovebox

Ive got a spare one since ive made an error and got the first one the wrong way round, so perfect for you UK guys... make me an offer and its yours, its 1.5mm carbonfiberplate.
Just needs a bit of polishing or a new coat of clear

[Image: DSC_0723_zps39acd257.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0724_zps7943cd8e.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0725_zps10671329.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0727_zpsd427e5df.jpg]

Voila a bit of clearcoat, (still needs polishing)
[Image: DSC_0733_zpsad0ae4d8.jpg]
Fits nice, (note the car is very dirty and the dash looks blueish on the pics, but it al black inside)
[Image: DSC_0739_zps9597175c.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0742_zps1e18e911.jpg]

Also finished the modded cover for the MSD ingnition coils
[Image: DSC_0728_zps642d3a80.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0729_zpsd0f22e1d.jpg]

And painted the bells of the new 330ers, so they wont rust and look like shit!
[Image: DSC_0731_zps9f4ee2a0.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0732_zps00de7e2d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks the part well done!
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
How much for the cover buddy?
Thanks given by: