eGay were do i stand??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eGay were do i stand??
So i sold i pressure regulator on ebay on the 6th of november i posted it on the 7th first class, i have an e-mail a week later saying the guy has not received it. So i have been to the post office to see what they say, they said i can fill a form out and the will start searching for it after 21 days of the item being posted they may compensate me but its not set in stone they will. After telling the buyer this he will not take no for an answer i have told him to open a case and he is refusing to open a case?? Not sure why.... so i have told him to contact ebay he will not do this either. I contacted ebay they said i have gone about this the right way. The guy is now threatening to leave negative feedback, Now i have done all i can do there is nothing i can do about the item getting lost as far as i am concerned i have done every thing the right way.

What can i do to solve this problem? I dont want to just give a refund because im with out my item and without my money. Also i dont want to get negative feedback...... Really putting me off ebay now as never had a problem before until now :-(

On the other items i have for sale i have now put ""Please note postage is for first class post i will not accept any loss or damage in the post, i will happily post special delivery (less likely to get lost) but you must pay the extra postage!"" spoke to ebay about this and they said its all ok as its the buyer has to read the description before buying. So hopefuly i wont have this problem agin.

Any help welcome

Thanks given by:
Unless he opens a case then don't give him a refund. If/when they give negative feedback, you can comment on it, just leave a message saying about the case.

Tbh I never look at seller rep when buying haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 11:03 AM)Matt Wrote: Unless he opens a case then don't give him a refund. If/when they give negative feedback, you can comment on it, just leave a message saying about the case.

Tbh I never look at seller rep when buying haha

thats my plan, i can report the negtive feedback but apparently there is very few cases were they actually remove it

Thanks given by:
Can easily be removed. As long as you prove the guy was a dick!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
always send recorded signed for, when selling on ebay there are to many scammers Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 11:47 AM)cully Wrote: always send recorded signed for, when selling on ebay there are to many scammers Wink

i know this now :-( thats why i have amend the descriptions on my item, the guy only has 7 feedback and he only been a member since september he hasnt got a clue what he is doing, any one up for trolling him?? lol

Thanks given by:
amending your description wont help you ebay make it your responsability for any lost post even if you state otherwhise
Thanks given by:
This is what i have put now ""Please note postage is for first class post i will not accept any loss or damage in the post, i will happily post special delivery (less likely to get lost) but you must pay the extra postage!""

this is what ebay said about it

""Since you've specified that you won't accept any lost or damaged in post on the listing, you have the rights to decline their request for a refund. As per eBay policy, it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that they read the description of the listing before commiting to purchase and will complete the transaction.""

So im covered now

Just wish i had done this before so i didnt have this problem now

Thanks given by:
I've had a couple of things get lost when sending using 1st class Chris. Both times I've made a claim against the RM and both times I've been fully compensated.

You've done the right thing amending your ads too mate.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 04:29 PM)gareth7 Wrote: I've had a couple of things get lost when sending using 1st class Chris. Both times I've made a claim against the RM and both times I've been fully compensated.

You've done the right thing amending your ads too mate.

Oh so even if i do refund the guy the chances are i will get my money back from royal mail

Thanks given by:
First class p&p is automatically insured up to a maximum value of £45 mate........it's just a pain in the arse you have to wait 21 days to file a claim. The it normally takes 4-6 weeks before you hear anything/get a cheque in the post.

The buyer seems a liitle suss to me, especially seeing as he won't open a case against you?
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 04:34 PM)gareth7 Wrote: First class p&p is automatically insured up to a maximum value of £45 mate........it's just a pain in the arse you have to wait 21 days to file a claim. The it normally takes 4-6 weeks before you hear anything/get a cheque in the post.

The buyer seems a liitle suss to me, especially seeing as he won't open a case against you?

ive sent lots of e-mails to him agin to day he just wont do anything ive told him lots of times that he needs to open a case he says he carnt/wont so i said contact ebay and they will help you but yet he wont do that either.... ive stoped sending e-mails to him now as were going round in circles, I will just wait to see what he dose im not fussed about the money as its only £15 but its just the point of it, if he files a case he would probably end up with a refund any way. This was one of the messages from his yesterday

"""No I am not having this.

I am not opening a case for ebay to decide, its ridiculous, I want my money back pronto.

I want my goods or my money back, not a case open.

Simple as that"""

Thats what he put to me not much i can do really......

Thanks given by:
It sounds to me like he's trying it on mate.......do nothing and wait to see if he opens a case.
Thanks given by:
This ^^^ Someone tried it on with me a couple of months back when i sold an xbox. Had and sent them a copy of proof of postage and they were still banging on about sorting out a refund, lol at retarded chancers.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I will wait to see whay he dose if anything will update you guys if any thing changes, thanks for the info/help

Thanks given by:
Pfft knob I would just ignore him from now on, and just say if you want to leave feedback fire away. What's 1 neg towards afew hundred positives
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Its not just ebay, i got mugged twice on here. gunge22 was one, 55 i paid for side skirts to be deliverd to me. he said he posted them and the got returned to him, but he could not provide proof of postage. then he just ignored me ever since.

The other one il not talk about yet as im still trying to sort it out
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 08:31 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Its not just ebay, i got mugged twice on here. gunge22 was one, 55 i paid for side skirts to be deliverd to me. he said he posted them and the got returned to him, but he could not provide proof of postage. then he just ignored me ever since.

The other one il not talk about yet as im still trying to sort it out
I had issues on .net with a guy who swapped a spoiler with. Well pissed
Thanks given by:
So the guy has now opened a case, but he has opened a case on paypal what i have no idea how to use Undecided So im in need of some help theres no were, were i can explain my side of the story i only have 3 options they are.

Issue the buyer a full refund.
I can provide tracking information.
Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.

That is no use to me what so ever so what do i do now? if i just wait the 10 days he will automatically get refunded. Its a bit shite if ive gone though all this and he just gets his money back at the end...... Any help welcome

Thanks given by:
You could always ring Paypal and talk to someone, they are fairly good to deal with.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 10:50 AM)burnmw Wrote: You could always ring Paypal and talk to someone, they are fairly good to deal with.

Im going to tomorrow was just seeing if any one could help on here first

Thanks given by:
He shouldn't get a refund in 10days.

Just post your case in PayPal and ring them. They will see your in the right mate.
Thanks given by:
As others have said, ring Paypal before you do anything and have a chat with them explaining the situation.

Worst case scenario.....if you have to end up refunding him, log a claim with the RM as soon as you can for the full £45 that you're entitled too with 1st class service, wait a few weeks and you'll more than likely receive a cheque back from them to compensate you. A minor short term pain in the arse but you'd be quids in when the RM pay out.

As I said in my previous post, I've only had to make two claims for compensation from the RM and both times they've paid out.
Thanks given by:
How can i claim for the £45? as they ask for an invoice??

Well been on phone to paypal this morning explained the situation, She said that she would get in contact with the buyer to make sure he has not received it and then if he hasnt they will want proof of postage from me i said thats fine, so just waiting to have an e-mail asking for proof of postage.

Anyway 10mins later i go on to my e-mails and it says this..........

"""""Dear CHRISTOPHER ,

Thank you for your cooperation in this case. After careful review, the case
has been resolved. Due to your PayPal account history, we have determined
that your account will not be debited for the amount of this claim.""""

So im sure the woman i spoke to has pressed the wrong button and ended the case in my favor lol not sure how the buyer is going to take this..... Im sure this is'nt the end of the problem but will see how i get on

Thanks given by:
Seems like a little win lol
Thanks given by:
Looks to me like it has been decided under the balance of probability. They'll examine both of your Paypal accounts and, assuming you have good payment history and no previous history of disputes, and if the buyer is a n00b, the balance of probability says you probably did post it and it probably did genuinely go missing/was delievred, so they closed the case in your favour.

Never heard of Paypal ever working that way but seems like a rather fortunate turn of events in any case.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
beats forking out any money to someone who's clearly tryin to take you for a ride
Thanks given by:
the best part about all this he said he didnt have a paypal account not sure how he opened a case though paypal then lol.....

Thanks given by:
You can pay as a Paypal guest and they send you an invoice, at a guess i'd say you can still open a case?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh not sure..... never mind sorted now unless he still moans about it

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306oc..FCS BEST STAND WINNAR (to quote Charlie Sheen) toseland 45 24,225 02-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  FCS Stand display - time to win best stand this year. toseland 36 5,942 22-05-2015, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  306oc win 3rd place (best club stand) at French Car Show 2013 Fooby 31 12,940 10-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: MRiches