FCS Stand display - time to win best stand this year.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS Stand display - time to win best stand this year.
Ok.. so having spoken to Niall about this, I said I would organise something particularly striking for our stand this year,  having gone with a French theme,  and having ideas about what cars are going where when we find out what stand we got it was felt it needed something more

Cue me.. 

Basically the suggestion was Balloons,   now, not suggesting those free shiney ones you get from the guy in the shopping center,  these would be proper and with proper comes a price.. 

the price is around £150 for the balloons, and as a club that doesnt require fees that means there is very little in the coffers for things that make our club spectacular, and that is where you guys come in..

I am happy to donate a little and do all of the legwork regarding this and getting it up and running. the minimum needed for what was suggested and discussed with the balloon company was £150, any more gets more balloons and more likely we are to win best stand.. 

That said, IF you would like to make a donation (no matter how small)  then please do so to my paypal (mdtoseland@sky.com) with something about balloons in the title.

Everything will go back into the show and the balloons,  if there is any surpless after the stand looks spectacular,  then this will be used for a few prizes for members (to be decided what for) that attend. 
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mike
The show is what you guys make it! Unfortunately, most things come at a cost these days and as Mikie has said, being a free club, we do not have much money in the fund at all. Me and Adam have started paying the costs our selves now so that ALL of the donations go back into things like shows etc. We have some money available for this but if people want to donate to make it better, feel free Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'll put a few quid in payday, sadly can only afford £5-£10 unless my overtime and compo has started coming in.
Thanks given by:
not asking for any more mate, there have got to be more than me, you and Niall going though
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yeah that was my thought, if everyone going put in a fiver we'd have it covered, if everyone going puts in a tenner it'll be awesome.
Thanks given by:
I'll throw some in
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Il add to
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Sound like a great idea ill bung in a tenner Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Sent £10
Thanks given by:
I'll happily send some closer to payday. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I will put in a bit of money as well Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sent Wink
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
cheers guys, first couple of donations in, with some more to follow hopefully in and around payday (i am assuming at the end of hte month)..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I'll get on this once I'm back from work Smile
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
£150 on balloons?? How many are you getting!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
does sound a lot, but I'll try and chip in a fiver laterz xxx
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2015, 04:20 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: £150 on balloons?? How many are you getting!

You don't know if he's referring to a single, double, weave or any other kind of arch. If it's just a single row of balloons in an arch then yes it's a bloody lot of money seeing as you can get an arch kit for less than £20 from eBay then just buy a few packs of blue, white & red balloons. 

How do you know it's not a company that is going to travel out, erect the frame and supply a large weave arch with a 100 odd balloons?
Thanks given by:
[Image: freeios7.com_apple_wallpaper_up-balloons...rallax.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll put some in. Just when I get paid. Sad happily donate though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'll put some in too later kn but there better be a set if gallons shaped like supple breasts .. that I can be left alone with
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
So.. To be a little more specific (I used to do this As a business so know relative costs)

The prices quoted were for a selection of 3-balloon bunches for individual decoration, as well as two 4foot columns with 10inch balloons in red white and blue colours with the appropriate 3foot balloon on top to complete the look. This will also include stands for both of the columns and delivery.

To be clear however, you can get an arch from eBay sure, a simple string of pearls, BUT you will sacrifice two things, quality and longevity.

The balloon decorator I spoke to will be using qualatex balloons, the best quality so they are least likely to go down on their own, and also hi float, a substance put in the balloons specifically to help them stay up.

I priced this up myself and for the helium alone to do the bunches it was going to be expensive, not including the balloon prices from trade sources I have access to as a qualatex certified balloon artist.

It's like everything, you can go eBay cheap and get Nasty balloons that will look horrific, and go down after 2 hours. Or you can do it properly.

This price will also include some foil balloons Which are 2-3 quid each and the 3foot balloons on top of the columns.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Having looked into balloons myself helium cylinders that do 100 balloons are £50 each plus the price of baloons. Toseland ain't daft, I'm sure this is the bast buy and will have a substantial visual impact.
Thanks given by:
Never knew there was so much to balloons Undecided

Sounds good. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just to add to this as well, there will be an award and small prize for the best themed car and owner on stand. Im looking for creativity and something to stand out! Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
there will be a gigantic penis on my car's bonnet this year.. and it wont be dumdum when its drunk haha
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Tricolore Cock sticker?

Like this but the other cock
[Image: depositphotos_4826222-French-cock.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2015, 09:59 AM)toseland Wrote: ...I have access to as a qualatex certified balloon artist.

Does that mean you can make balloon animals etc? Could draw some kids to the stand doing that, who inevitably bring their parents... Or maybe balloon cock and balls for Dum... lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: o.jpg] a little shorter in the column but you get the very basic idea
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Donations are trickling in, thankyou guys so far.

waiting for final confirmation and then will put the deposit down.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Deposit has been paid for this guys, with payment on the first of june pending (monday before the show)

We will be getting,
2 columns, similar to above, post, WITH 3 foot stuffed balloons (balloons inside thre balloons) on the top, AND a 306oc on each in 16inch silver lettering
4 smaller bunches of balloons for dotting around the cars in various locations.,

These will be the highest quality balloons and treated to keep them inflated for the 2 days without an issue. This will also include stand hire for the columns so they dont blow away!

the final price is £164, of which we have a few donations in..

I appreciate this sounds expensive, but when you see how much of a difference they will make to the stand you will understand the price and what they are worth (the helium alone for these is nearly £60)

Any extra donations will be put towards some prizes for the stand if we exceed the daily cost, so.. IF YOU ARE GOING and would like us to win best stand this year (we have a bloody SPECTACULAR spot) then please don't be shy about donating a few quid to the "cause"... more we get the more we can get too..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306oc..FCS BEST STAND WINNAR (to quote Charlie Sheen) toseland 45 24,197 02-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Computer Guru's - display issues ginge191 8 1,999 21-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  That time of year again.... WiNgNuTz 25 4,756 13-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: RetroPug