having car lowererd tomorrow..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
having car lowererd tomorrow..
so after months of waiting, im finally having my car lowered tomorrow.

ive got cyclones, what mm do you guy suggest i drop to? front and back please!

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
60mm Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2012, 06:49 PM)RePT Wrote: so after months of waiting, im finally having my car lowered tomorrow.

ive got cyclones, what mm do you guy suggest i drop to? front and back please!

Thanks.

40-60mm . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
That's down to preference mate really.
Personally I'd say anywhere between 40-60mm unless your Irish. Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
coilovers all the way down with the back to suit!

i hate arch gap with a passion and IMO 40mm isnt worth the hassle and neither is 60mm..

*que all the people about to blable sh*t about cornering and tracking and everything else gti6 owners moan about when people deck cars* Big Grin
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
i did 40mm because of speedbumps. just a thought if it's your daily driver
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
yeh, we have alot of bumps around here too :\ but I want it nice and low =[
Thanks given by:
is it your daily driver?
Thanks given by:
Low isn't a problem if done properly... Mine's daily and down around 70mm at least, I don't have any issues and can go anywhere I want. You just have to drive sensibly
Thanks given by:
yep its my daily.

I kinda figured having it low will actually help me drive slowly in local streets, because of the bumps.

but will certainly be careful....for the first few weeks atleast ;P
Thanks given by:
ive got 60mm on the front and it is a bitch going up pavements to park on my street. Scrapes a bit on speedbumps and you can really really bash the lower strut brace but.... ill probably lower the estate the same amount! Stops you driving like a knob!
Thanks given by:
70mm in and around london is scrape city lol. my car is 40mm cause of bumps. i don't like replacing exhausts or sumps lol
Thanks given by:
I'll be going with a 40mm drop due to the state of the roads round here, and all the speed bumps. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The more the better, i still get over speed bumps kinda.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
come to London and surrounding then say the more the better lol. I've seen slammed cars beached on speedbumps like whales.......
Thanks given by:
Yeah ive beached mine, just gota angle it sp tgat one of the front wheels definitely gets some grip
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
More hassle than its worth IMHO!
Stick with 40-60mm and you'll be ok!
Mine is 40mm and I can't go in multi story car parks anymore without scraping the shit out of my bumper! 60mm is all that's needed, anymore becomes an inconvenience!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol beaching is not good especially when it happens with police going by then you get done for damaging the highway lol.

And i'm ok on 40mm only scrape splitter on some kerbs or car park entrances but everywhere else is ok. I do have to change my mid section to a straight through race pipe as i'm annoyed with getting stuck on ramps when work is being done on my car lol. is allways the mid box nothing else
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 12:35 PM)Kwik Wrote: come to London and surrounding then say the more the better lol. I've seen slammed cars beached on speedbumps like whales.......

I've been to London, when I first got the xsi, it's was around 80mm I got round London no problem at all.
Speed bumps were easy. Just got to man up and stop being a pussy.
It's all about how you take it, if you drive properly and not like a woman you'll be fine. 60mm is safe to go on these and looks the tits!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
How many speedbump roads did you encounter? The worst by far are east london and south east london i even scrape on a few and i'm 40mm.........
Thanks given by:
Fair few, went to the graffiti tunnel opposite the London eye and even the speed bump there wasn't much of a challenge
Thanks given by:
graffiti tunnel speedbump is not large lol. You need some of the backstreets of Hackney/Lewisham/Dalston/New Cross/Brockley/Woolwich/Croydon and then you'll see how a pain in the bum lower then 40mm is lol
Thanks given by:
Well, back on the waiting list for me. Dads reluctant to take torsion bars out so we packed up.

Hes a mechanic, i did mention how i lost faith and confidence in his professionalism(if thats even a word), maybe he will reconsider tomorrow :p
Thanks given by:
lol well torsion bars are a lady garden lets be fair lol
Thanks given by:
60mil is spot on for the front

I'm 60 all round and I scoot over bumps fine. I find it funny when folk are that low they have to pull over on roads with speed bumps because there's a massive queue behind them

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 08:17 PM)Arron Wrote: 60mil is spot on for the front

I'm 60 all round and I scoot over bumps fine. I find it funny when folk are that low they have to pull over on roads with speed bumps because there's a massive queue behind them

I don't pull over, I let the queue form.

Speedbumps are made so you drive slowly. f*ck it, i'm driving slowly.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Kwik do you have a hoofing great splitter on something?
40mm is fack all and makes no difference to scrubbing stuff
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcBpyPCi2lU
100mm front 90mm rear
Thanks given by:
Try telling all the vag gayers in London that you can't go more than 40mm haha. Live in the cities and you have to deal with speedbumps and curbs, live in the countryside and you have to deal with potholes and cambered roads, everybody always seems to have an excuse for not going low. Get on with it!
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 05:51 PM)RePT Wrote: Well, back on the waiting list for me. Dads reluctant to take torsion bars out so we packed up.

Hes a mechanic, i did mention how i lost faith and confidence in his professionalism(if thats even a word), maybe he will reconsider tomorrow :p

Looks like you need to pay me a visit then eh? £60, job done, even if it takes me 8hrs like the other day (whick probably won't be the case).
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where to buy for ATE calipers? (needed by tomorrow) laurence_13 6 2,814 21-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Last Post: laurence_13