The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap
its very tidy chris Smile

should keep the swallows in gunmetal grey and slam the 'dan on the bump-stops...
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 04:46 PM)jammapic Wrote: Looks good Dum! Always wanted to see a 2.1 pushed!

JP
Cheers mate, wont be pushing it for a while as once its got this lump in and running its gonna need lowered and better wheels.

(27-11-2012, 04:58 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Looks alright this! Effort indeed! Be nice to see what this becomes as a final piece Smile
Cheers mate, Im well excited for my first drive.

(27-11-2012, 11:09 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: its very tidy chris Smile

should keep the swallows in gunmetal grey and slam the 'dan on the bump-stops...
Cheers mate but f*ck keeping the swallows, it looks irish enough as it is. I need wheels thatll happily take 205 width tyres as the 185s on swallows just cant cope.
Thanks given by:
You still got the gold pro race 1.2 wheels off your gti6? Would look good on this
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 12:15 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: You still got the gold pro race 1.2 wheels off your gti6? Would look good on this

Nah I dont think they would. They have been sold to another member.
Thanks given by:
Pretty much the only car related pic of the weekend that I got lol

[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So DumDum - how does it feel to have reversing sensors now? Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 04:41 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Pretty much the only car related pic of the weekend that I got lol

Cheers mate, that was the "OMG the coolant hasnt run away again, quick put the cap back on before it all jumps out" moment.

(03-12-2012, 06:02 PM)ash240970 Wrote: So DumDum - how does it feel to have reversing sensors now? Big Grin Big Grin
Not fitting them. Going to give them to the next fat bird i find and dislike.
Thanks given by:
Your official photographer has a few cheeky pics for you.

Hope the axle were strong enough Tongue

Revilutionary new air filter set up

Muppets....

The finished article Big Grin

Thanks given by:
this looks awsome mate!!!!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
It is awesome, spins the wheels when it comes on boost in 1st and 2nd and - aside from the "slight" rubbing issue lol - it's a pretty sorted install. Well impressed as ever matey, still think you should relocate the turbo. In fact, while you're there...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I can also vouch for the awesomeosity of it, needs moar tyre though...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 12:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(27-11-2012, 11:09 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: its very tidy chris Smile

Cheers mate but f*ck keeping the swallows, it looks irish enough as it is. I need wheels thatll happily take 205 width tyres as the 185s on swallows just cant cope.

Challengers or vortex's or maybe SP's again?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Having being out in this, this afternoon I would say its a solid 160hp... Goes as well as my gti, for sure - if not better.

Steering is scary though!
JP
Thanks given by:
Would be good to see how it goes against my 205 Chris Wink
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Was wandering about this earlier today, does the 2.1 12v sound any different to the xud9? is the exhaust note deeper or anything like that?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Sounds smoother and less old school...
JP
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 10:29 PM)jammapic Wrote: Sounds smoother and less old school...

that makes sense i guess since the pug 605/ big citroens were full on luxury cars in their day
does it still have that growl of the xud9?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yes. It still growls and roars and goes like stink.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Dyno dyno dyno dyno!!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice phone call last night Dum Smile sorry to dissapoint though Wink although never put the blaze on a dyno but id say it was only running approx 140bhp with a T2

Whats the revs on this thing? compared to a 1.9? does red start at same point etc what you pushed it to so far? im just going to 5500-5700 ATM
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 07:41 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Challengers or vortex's or maybe SP's again?
None of the above.

(04-12-2012, 09:22 PM)jammapic Wrote: Having being out in this, this afternoon I would say its a solid 160hp... Goes as well as my gti, for sure - if not better.

Steering is scary though!
Cheers mate. Was nice to see that it surprised you although more with its utterly calm, untroubled power delivery than its flat out speed, after all its on a maxed 9mm pump it cant really be much more than 150bhp)

Thanks for the advice on 9mm mods too. I spent 2 hours on ebay last night lol.

(04-12-2012, 09:30 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Would be good to see how it goes against my 205 Chris Wink
It would, I think youll be faster, less weight, more power in your car but this is so refined and such a torque monster.

(04-12-2012, 09:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Was wandering about this earlier today, does the 2.1 12v sound any different to the xud9? is the exhaust note deeper or anything like that?
Yeah its deeper and smoother sounding but as below still growls and roars when you really wind it up

(04-12-2012, 10:41 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Yes. It still growls and roars and goes like stink.

(04-12-2012, 11:26 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Dyno dyno dyno dyno!!! lol
LOL wish I had the money mate. TBH theres been so many people out in it that you can pretty much guarantee that itll be 145-160bhp

(05-12-2012, 08:56 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Nice phone call last night Dum Smile sorry to dissapoint though Wink although never put the blaze on a dyno but id say it was only running approx 140bhp with a T2

Whats the revs on this thing? compared to a 1.9? does red start at same point etc what you pushed it to so far? im just going to 5500-5700 ATM
Ive not had it past 4500 really as its on nearly pure veg and starts holding back because of it, im also starting to not believe that it is actually gov modded either.
Thanks given by:
Maybe your pumps not in the best of conditions? Surely it shouldn't be completely maxed out at that kind of power?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the reason ive stopped running Veg purely for performance reasons Smile i do get the odd hesitation around 4k so may check filter and pickup stopped running it down to reserve for a good while now after dragging shit through.

JP has helped me loads in the past and no doubt soon when i come to building pump and get stuck haha

I wouldnt say its maxed out yet, how many times have you had to knock throttle arm back? ive only done this the once but got it just under revs hanging, on one of dans pins, need to look into LDA mods next and look at my throttle cable setup as doesnt seem to jump on full like it used to.

Looking forward to seeing how this mother runs on derv with an 11mm though Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
IMO it sounds a lot lazier then the 1.9.

Still sounds 'meaty' but not as 'raspy' so to speak..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
To check if the pumps gov modded, move the throttle arm from min to max travel with your hand and it should get slightly stiffer in the last ~1cm of travel. If it's the same all the way from min to max then it's probably standard.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:14 AM)Ben Wrote: Maybe your pumps not in the best of conditions? Surely it shouldn't be completely maxed out at that kind of power?
Nah its in an alright condition, its certainly in no worse condition than the one on the donkey and that was also maxed in the same way.

When I say maxed I mean as far as itll go just adjusting the screws on the outside and still idle without taking the insides apart. I know the theoretical limit of these according to Bosch is about 230bhp

(05-12-2012, 11:30 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yeah thats the reason ive stopped running Veg purely for performance reasons Smile i do get the odd hesitation around 4k so may check filter and pickup stopped running it down to reserve for a good while now after dragging shit through.

JP has helped me loads in the past and no doubt soon when i come to building pump and get stuck haha

I wouldnt say its maxed out yet, how many times have you had to knock throttle arm back? ive only done this the once but got it just under revs hanging, on one of dans pins, need to look into LDA mods next and look at my throttle cable setup as doesnt seem to jump on full like it used to.

Looking forward to seeing how this mother runs on derv with an 11mm though Smile
Brand new filter with the engine mate. Dont think theres much shit in the tank TBH its just a little cold for how much veg im running.

Ive not spun the arm yet im gonna grind the pump body where it hits first to get more neg travel that way then Im gonna start playing with the internals for more travel on bits and bobs.

(05-12-2012, 12:27 PM)Dan! Wrote: To check if the pumps gov modded, move the throttle arm from min to max travel with your hand and it should get slightly stiffer in the last ~1cm of travel. If it's the same all the way from min to max then it's probably standard.
Cool, Ill check that mate.
Thanks given by:
It Should be gov modded, I was assured it was, but you never know..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Dyno day in feb...quite cheap one...thread on here somewhere
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
good excuse to go dum

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-7843-pos...#pid171308
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Not interesting really as theres no pics

Been tuning my pump today
Bent the throttle arm today and now have more negative travel, 2 notches on the throttle cable more, think Im gonna grind a bit off the pump too though
Got my cold start cable connected and adjusted.
Idle is now 1250rpm when cold and 900rpm when warm
Haven't added any more max fuel as im quite liking my low idle for now.

All this has led to me blowing my first boost hose but dont get too excited, it was cos id forgot to re attach the jubilee clip

Oh and the oil "leak" i was moaning about isnt really an oil leak. Its blowing out the bottom block breather hose ever so slightly and then mixing with coolant thats blowing out one of the joints on the water manifold (assume it needs a new o ring)

Anyway rad weld and a jubilee clip and hopefully this is solved.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 306 project PH2 Sedan XLDT! DougalDT 31 5,421 24-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: DougalDT
  Bianca Sedan was Dragoon DTurbo Lolben91 55 12,433 24-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 333,853 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum