GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO
I'm sure jp knows what he's doing. I can't find many reliable 200bhp xuds that drive with near stock lag

Just read the whole thread... I've been in a 400+
bhp charged 6 and to this day nothing touches the experience. You put a lot of thought and money into your projects so fair play, which ever route you choose by the looks of your xud project it will be done right.

And the cars looking sweet already

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
shame they never made a 4wd 306/zx or similar to make it managable...

cant imagine 500bhp through fwd without major double wishboning will feel safe!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
405 mi16 4x4 running gear!

Would have to be beefed up though dont think they are any good over 200 hp
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Colin from pugperformance has a 4wd 306 t16 running gear of a 405 just needs a savage engine Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah just found that....
They do a berlingo/partner 4wd system using a rear beam still...

Seem only LHD european models
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 10:29 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Yeah just found that....
They do a berlingo/partner 4wd system using a rear beam still...

Seem only LHD european models

Was a company called Dangel that converted them. Was one for sale down road from me a few weeks ago
Thanks given by:
Hi JP, appear to be ignoring my PM's so I thought I'd try here instead.

Its been 6 weeks since I bought and PAID for the air filter and piping and have yet to receive anything. You say it's been delivered and signed for yet refuse to give me a tracking number so I can follow it up myself?

All I'm asking for is a tracking number which you must already have if you have "checked" its been delivered, or an apology that you actually forgot to send it and will have it in the post to me immediately.

Thanks
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Sucks to hear bro
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 09:06 AM)Arron Wrote: I'm sure jp knows what he's doing. I can't find many reliable 200bhp xuds that drive with near stock lag

Just read the whole thread... I've been in a 400+
bhp charged 6 and to this day nothing touches the experience. You put a lot of thought and money into your projects so fair play, which ever route you choose by the looks of your xud project it will be done right.

And the cars looking sweet already

I know of plenty of xud's making 200hp, and some of them with much LESS than stock lag Smile 1 of them has gone 20k miles like it....how many miles did jp's car do, barely went thro a set of tyres? no?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
IIRC it was detuned to around 180bhp most of the time to keep it reliable
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:45 AM)Harky Wrote: Hi JP, appear to be ignoring my PM's so I thought I'd try here instead.

Its been 6 weeks since I bought and PAID for the air filter and piping and have yet to receive anything. You say it's been delivered and signed for yet refuse to give me a tracking number so I can follow it up myself?

All I'm asking for is a tracking number which you must already have if you have "checked" its been delivered, or an apology that you actually forgot to send it and will have it in the post to me immediately.

Thanks

You wouldn't be the first to be messed around mate, I hope you get it sorted.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 06:57 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I know of plenty of xud's making 200hp, and some of them with much LESS than stock lag Smile 1 of them has gone 20k miles like it....how many miles did jp's car do, barely went thro a set of tyres? no?

Did exactly 20k miles in it since I fitted the big turbo. That includes about 5 or 6 track days, some road rallies and lots of hooning about. But tbh, only driven in fair weather, never held at high load for long periods of time and always warmed up and cooled down. Other than that, it got abused.

(10-12-2012, 11:21 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: IIRC it was detuned to around 180bhp most of the time to keep it reliable

Yeah, most of it's life was spend at 26/27psi which made between 180 and 195hp depending on which rollers you believe. Only at 35psi+ would it make 210+hp and the pump was flat out at that. The most I ever saw was 219hp and that was with revs hanging, fuel starving at the top and turbo way out of it's efficiency range - to be honest, totally undrivable.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 09:37 AM)jammapic Wrote: Only at 35psi+ would it make 210+hp and the pump was flat out at that. The most I ever saw was 219hp and that was with revs hanging, fuel starving at the top and turbo way out of it's efficiency range - to be honest, totally undrivable.
JP

That doesnt sound too bad haha thats around my aim to break the 200 mark but not detune just have a standby blocl at the ready Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 10:08 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 09:37 AM)jammapic Wrote: Only at 35psi+ would it make 210+hp and the pump was flat out at that. The most I ever saw was 219hp and that was with revs hanging, fuel starving at the top and turbo way out of it's efficiency range - to be honest, totally undrivable.
JP

That doesnt sound too bad haha thats around my aim to break the 200 mark but not detune just have a standby blocl at the ready Smile

That's because you aren't a fanny like me! :-)
JP
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 10:25 AM)jammapic Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 10:08 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
JP

That's because you aren't a fanny like me! :-)

Wouldnt call you a fanny mate i just got the attitude - i dont give a f*ck haha and a big set of testicles Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well I'm yet to find YouTube videos or project threads and proof ff all these 200+ HP xuds, I'd say yours and my interpretation of plenty is far apart. I was just saying looking at how he built his xud this should be a good project. Most folk just weld an old imprezza on. Wind fuel up to the Max and see what happens. At least this was done right and the fact it run at double stock fairly reliably. Also I'm a sucker for lil or no lag.

I think the hostility on this thread is deeper than just the car so I'll button up now but definitely will keep an eye on the project

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
A little video I made before deciding I need a new roll cage camera!

JP
Thanks given by:
sounds real nice Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Really hope this does end up with a turbo!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right... can't bear to part with it, so:

[Image: DSCF8615_zps1043e10e.jpg]

Brembos going on next week :-)

Also, I got it mapped last week finally, so it's spinning up to 8000rpm nicely Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Who mapped it up
Was it done by Wayne from chip wizards
8k rpm FTW
Thanks given by:
A friend mapped it.

JP
Thanks given by:
Videos were a well worth to watch, will keep tuned in !
Thanks given by:
Glad to see your keeping it, must shift abit now
Thanks given by:
So are you still putting a turbo on?
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 08:50 AM)sam Wrote: Glad to see your keeping it, must shift abit now

What with a remap on stock components with no exploration of cam advance? Yeah, bet the 8k raised rev limit combined with the fact torque is really dropping off by 6.5krpm means it shifts.... Lets not even go there with the lifters etc... They REALLY don't like 8krpm...

EDIT: Unless I'm missing the fact you've fitted the cams now? But still, 8krpm from what I've heard on a stock head is brave at best....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Oh Im sorry that I dont no alot about the 6 engine, how the f*** was I suposed to no all that hmmm? Im sorry I dont! Have to get all lemon because I said one sentenc...
Thanks given by:
My mate has been running an 8k limit with a map for well over a year now with no problems Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 12:19 PM)sam Wrote: Oh Im sorry that I dont no alot about the 6 engine, how the f*** was I suposed to no all that hmmm? Im sorry I dont! Have to get all lemon because I said one sentenc...

Ok that must have been a bit lost in translation, I wasn't having a go, and if it was taken as aimed at you then no offence meant mate! I was more querying the additional power of revving the engine to 8k, and the point of remapping if he hasn't yet fitted the cams.... But as I said, I take it back if he has fitted them, but reading through the thread there was nothing beyond that he'd bought some...

(28-01-2013, 12:35 PM)Birk Wrote: My mate has been running an 8k limit with a map for well over a year now with no problems Smile

Hmm, I heard consistently driving it up to 8k was not advisable at all... Just what I'd heard...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Nasty Ed Tongue
Thanks given by: