GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO
Hi,

Well the 306 DTurbo project came to an end, for one reason or another became too expensive and unviable to continue unfortunately.

Anyway - picked myself up a genuine 68k 306 GTi-6, in Onyx Black and got to swapping bits over from the DT....

[Image: DSCF8522.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8525.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8523.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8526.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8528.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8532.jpg]

All suspension swapped, some interior swapped and time for a little clean... forgive the streakyness it was done in the cold outside and just wanted to get it washed.

[Image: DSCF8539.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8540.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8541.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8542.jpg]

Over the next few weeks I will get the DT totally stripped down, all the bits sold to free up some cash to get the components together for the turbo conversion on the '6.

At first will be running low boost, maybe 5/6psi while I get a motor built up (or save some money!) before going on for around 400+hp.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Black p3 + gti + turbo = Awesome awesome awesome!

When you decide to sell the standard exhaust, sell it to me?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
This is going to be awesome and in black just makes it even better!!
Thanks given by:
Really like the gti but it still isnt as epic as the xud Sad
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2012, 09:41 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Really like the gti but it still isnt as epic as the xud Sad

Agreed... But cheaper to make power!
JP
Thanks given by:
It fecking will be more awsome with 400hp, good luck bud
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tratorr!!!! Cant believe your goin perv haha, suppose its cheaper for biggg power and il let u off considerin uve stuck with a 306, shame im not stayin black with mine lol

Looks good though
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ultimately, I want a track car. I proved it can be done with a DT but it's HUGELY expensive and you are always worrying it will break!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I can agree strongly about the worrying about it breaking, i may be gettin compamy car hopefully so then worry can go lol
Thanks given by:
wow. super project here! shame you wont be running on the black stuff any more but this should be good! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I knew it! Should be interesting, we need moarr turbo'd GTi6's!

Also, who are you paying to build it for you?
Thanks given by:
No-one... I am doing this one myself (with brynllwynog2 by my side as per usual Smile)

I'm so sorely tempted to click the buy it now button on a high boost supercharger kit though!!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
What even the engine rebuild? Fair enough...
Thanks given by:
Nah, building that bit myself....
JP
Thanks given by:
what turbo you looking for? gunna keep an eye on this
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gtx3076
JP
Thanks given by:
looking forward to seeing this
[Image: Pugsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Should be pretty cool, blown petrol ftw.

How come the DT Was costing so much money? Surely the GTi6 Track/Boost car is gonna cost more that the DT would of, especially if money is tight!

I always thought Diesels were the cheap ones to mod and petrols more expensive?
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
not when everything is custom 1 offs. Plus for less money I can probably make double the hp
JP
Thanks given by:
So I've got all my engine mounts fitted, gear rods, suspension, brakes etc etc, basically the chassis is done - it just feels so slow compared to the DT Tongue

I've got an engine stand arriving today, and picking up a spare bottom end in the next week or so (Cheers Dum Dum!) to start stripping down and order rods / pistons.

I've got a spare gearbox in the shed which I'll be putting the limited slip diff in this weekend.

It's looking more and more like I'm going to do a high boost supercharger conversion to be honest rather than turbo'ing due to availability of parts etc etc. Was on the phone to spoox yesterday about ordering some bits but I put the credit card away as Christmas is coming soon :-)

I'd like to think with some light engine work, high boost supercharger and trusty RSTuning (my mate over in Leeds) to do the mapping 500hp should be achievable.

Should be fun! :-) Or maybe scary?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Should make a good project, shame your shying away from the turbo side of things though.

Can't beat the kick of a big turbo on a petrol compared to the smoothness of a charger imo!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
High boost definitely
Thanks given by:
be good to see this when its all done, should be a good project but i would still go turbo!
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Looks lovely will be interesting in seeing the progress and results Smile
Thanks given by:
Stop being a pussy!! haha Stick with the original Idea of turbooooo!!! Big Grin

Will see you tonight anyway buddy after my physio and a trip to the gym so be expecting a call Smile
Thanks given by:
Well the clutch is slipping like a bitch and the speedo has stopped working. Great.

On the plus side, Ime and bryn fitted the quaife diff into the donor (hopefully good!) box and have bought a clutch kit and new cable.

Should hopefully be bwarpping again later tonight!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
You won't get more than about 450 on the stock high boost set up without lowering the cr.
The limit rich walker reached was about 560 but whether they supplied the wrong pistons or whether he just melted something we'll never know...

Either way, supercharger has been done. Do a turbo. And actually finish it.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I'm not using the standard high boost setup. I'm having an RSTuning custom build, lowered CR and bigger C-38 supercharger along with one of their ECU's rather than the OMEX setup.

500hp should be relatively easily attainable.

The only reason I didn't finish the DT setup is I got fleeced by a company and lost heart...

JP

(08-11-2012, 01:52 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: You won't get more than about 450 on the stock high boost set up without lowering the cr.
The limit rich walker reached was about 560 but whether they supplied the wrong pistons or whether he just melted something we'll never know...

Either way, supercharger has been done. Do a turbo. And actually finish it.
JP
Thanks given by:
still interested in what happened with the "last company" . . . . .when you're ready lol . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Supercharger? Yawn.......
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: