Hunter the B-road sigma..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter the B-road sigma..
Ginge you should have ordered an mbc when we were re routing your intake. Could have done it then! Lol surely it won't be hard on yours you got the metal pipes to snip?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
id mount the temp prob in the middle for more accurate reading on the one iv got i see temps on the cooler as high as 80. With the cooler spray i was sat on the motorway doing a steady 70-80mph temp was around 50 some blasts with the sprayer saw it drop to 20. be interesting to see what i get when the fmic goes on

[Image: th_SAM_0464-1.jpg]
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:id mount the temp prob in the middle for more accurate reading

i would have but thats as far as it goes - i might solder some extra wire on if/when i can be arsed, but for now, where it is it will be consistent when it comes to cooling etc.

like the position of the spray there! think mine will route behind and spray from top of the IC, rather than the 'right' if that makes sense.

Also, are you using the rear jet also? if so, where does it come from?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Mbc and if spray fitting day? Just pull the hose off the bottle pull as much as you can out and route it to the ic. Failing that scrapyard and get a longer piece
Thanks given by:
rear windscreen jet pipe goes from on side of the washer bottle, up into the wing and along the pillar bit on the top of the roof on the driver's side. like 4way said, you can just pull it through
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Jenkosowls Wrote:id mount the temp prob in the middle for more accurate reading

i would have but thats as far as it goes - i might solder some extra wire on if/when i can be arsed, but for now, where it is it will be consistent when it comes to cooling etc.

like the position of the spray there! think mine will route behind and spray from top of the IC, rather than the 'right' if that makes sense.

Also, are you using the rear jet also? if so, where does it come from?

Reason iv got it to thr right is because i was intending on putting one on the left also to which i can just t in the 2nd sprayer. this setup gives a better coverage as it fans out the further it goes if you know what i mean. im not going to do it no till the front mounts on.
This was my old setup of the 207
[Image: th_DSCF1208.jpg]

Plan is to be able to have the come on when on full throttle bet something im going to do after the fmic. the source was the rear washer jet as it was blocked and of no use anyway!

Thanks given by:
ohhhhh ok i see, and for using the rear hose? where does it come out? bottom of water bottle/tank?
Thanks given by:
yep you have two outlets at the washer bottle pump iirc its the one on the right as you look at the pump from the wheel arch

Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:ohhhhh ok i see, and for using the rear hose? where does it come out? bottom of water bottle/tank?
4WayDiablo Wrote:Mbc and if spray fitting day? Just pull the hose off the bottle pull as much as you can out and route it to the ic. Failing that scrapyard and get a longer piece
samass Wrote:rear windscreen jet pipe goes from on side of the washer bottle, up into the wing and along the pillar bit on the top of the roof on the driver's side. like 4way said, you can just pull it through

:think:
Thanks given by:
lol never saw them, just scrolled down really fast!

but yes, this sounds a plan! MBC and jet day at FCS camping = EPIC!!
Thanks given by:
Ok, mainly for Dan! - i had a good bash tonight.

driving casually, 2-3 PSI / 40mph the temp was staying between 13.5 and 14.5
at the lights it tended to rise, 15+, wasnt still long enough.

Then some harsh bashing, surprising the car didn't let go, staying high end boost in 3rd and 4th gear for a good 20/30minutes, and temp peaked at 18*C :| chilly, eh!

Will be interesting what it's like once it hits a "Motorway"
Thanks given by:
that to me sounds like you are just measuring the passing air temp TBH mate Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:i had a good bash tonight.

Bit early for that kind of behaviour :character-afro:
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:that to me sounds like you are just measuring the passing air temp TBH mate Smile

the probe is as far within the IC as possible, and covered by masking tape - can't see how the passing air would be in contact with the probe?
Thanks given by:
As mentioned before I see temps upwards of 70+ when giving it a good thrash general driving will see 20-30 granny driving sub 20 but no less than 10

Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:As mentioned before I see temps upwards of 70+ when giving it a good thrash general driving will see 20-30 granny driving sub 20 but no less than 10

granny driving lol

Don't forget, i am still only running 16/18psi, it's not running for masses amount of times - for my use, the boost is on full for a maximum of 5-10 seconds, theres no room for massive runs..
Thanks given by:
This was around 20psi fair does I have a stretch of road near me that is around half a mile long where good speed can be reached. You should easily see temps hit 30 plus

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo26 ... eading.mp4

And here is a steady run with full boost then ic sprayer countering the temp. As you can see the temperature climbs pretty quick

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo26 ... M_0469.mp4

Thanks given by:
spray works well there!

and where abouts is the probe located, might have to move it across, or even extend it.
Thanks given by:
Probe is slap bang in the middle of the cooler. You can just about make the wire out in the video of the sprayer video

Thanks given by:
Alright mate, i'll look at getting it extended
Thanks given by:
Not being funny, but what is a probe on the outside of the cooler meant to be telling you about air temperatures on the inside of the cooler?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Not being funny, but what is a probe on the outside of the cooler meant to be telling you about air temperatures on the inside of the cooler?

Not looking at Internal temperatures just seeing what temps the cooler can reach. To which it can give a rough idea as to what's happening on the inside. Reason iv got one personally is just to see the range of temps with tmic compared to front which is my next step. I know the reading will not relate to anything on the inside but wedging the probe in the cooler is far easier than trying to build it internally where the probes wires can be crushed or boost leaks can happen. When the front mount goes on my car I'm hoping I can get the probe on one of the joins of silicone

Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:that to me sounds like you are just measuring the passing air temp TBH mate Smile

the probe is as far within the IC as possible, and covered by masking tape - can't see how the passing air would be in contact with the probe?

Sorry, Just seen this, erm, what about under the cooler?? like all the air that goes in around the oil filler, filter housing etc etc and in that way..........................
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Sorry, Just seen this, erm, what about under the cooler?? like all the air that goes in around the oil filler, filter housing etc etc and in that way..........................

Errrmm... i dont think so, the air is ducted through the scoop in the bonnet lining, there isn't a massive amount getting under around there............. i assume

As for slotting the temp probe under, i'll have a ganders, and see where else i can get the probe. (giggedy)
Thanks given by:
Small update:

organised a brake fitting day with my mate, hopefully get it on and sorted on sunday.

Also had my inline filter arrive
Thanks given by:
Small update:

organised a brake fitting day with my mate, hopefully get it on and sorted on sunday.

Also had my inline filter arrive, if anyone has any suggestions on where to put it.. i'm thinking just behind the headlight? where Dave's is located? any other ideas?

[Image: U37xm.jpg]

EDIT: also just had some sex wee - removed the filter and piping from the turbo, so it just has a silicone U bend on it now and the sound is arrhrhrhhrhr....
Thanks given by:
Got the ol' GTI setup installed, ofcourse, without a few hickups - standard.

Who can see whats wrong here:
[Image: ndZ9U.jpg]

Got the caliper on, as we were loosing a lot of fluid, and didn't anticipate any issues, so popped it to one side Smile
[Image: mOPUW.jpg]

Got all 4 corners blead, popped the front wheels on, drove it in first on axle stands to see what issues the weights would cause inside, just caused a loud garrrgle, so removed them, took it for a drive (HARD), felt sick after some rediculous stopping power, got back to the driveway to find i had some smoking brakes

But overall, is VERY tight behind these wheels now, just how i like it ninja
[Image: Mh1m3.jpg]

Also found i have a leaking injector - will pop up some pictures in a minute on a new thread..
Thanks given by:
Yeah they are a proper tight fit. I lost a few wheel weights that someone had put on the inside of the rim when I fitted mine.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Yeah they are a proper tight fit. I lost a few wheel weights that someone had put on the inside of the rim when I fitted mine.

yeh, i tried to rid them @ 60mph, but they wern't budging lol
Thanks given by:
Nothing big but bought a new tool cabinet from halfrauds.. absoloute BARGAIN
Aswell as buying some GUNK and jubilee clips, got a £10 voucher alongside, so halfords gave some absoloute bargains today!

[Image: mEgVZ.jpg]

Also bought a new shed, 8X6, pretty much brand new, £90.. so gives me some nice space to move some tools over, dedicated to car parts.. apparently using bedroom space isn't acceptable Sad

Oh, and a pic of my numberplate lights, quite nice i think

[Image: K7nfp.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunter continued with a td04! Tom 364 112,596 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Tom