205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
Well the lack of torque may be causing you to use more throttle, more coal, more wasted fuel. So, engine change on Tuesday! Ideal.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Engine change already? Nice! That's pretty quick progress.
Thanks given by:
Popcorn
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
lol Don't you start too
Thanks given by:
Haha!
Well, I'm waiting for Stephen to man up and get the bits for it so we can fit the engine tuesday.
When we get the engine, we'll nearly be ready for the conversion. Just a couple more bits like the Bosch and clutch and we'll be away!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Are you just sticking with the stock turbo for now, or will you be putting the VNT in immediately?

I've not kept up to date on your thread in all honesty, but how are things moving with VNT control? If you don't want to post information publicly just yet then not to worry Wink
Thanks given by:
Luckily this turbo is "old school" tech similar to the engines; and boost controlled. I'll fit an MBC in the line to have a little more control over it.

But yeh, picking the engine up hopefully next Tuesday. Tempted to drop it in then, on a Lucas and t2 /sigh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
needs a 2.1

/thread
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
2.1's suck! 1.9's where it's at! Big Grin

Stephan, a lucas is not going on, I'd rather lend you my spare Bosch than have that!

Scott I may reveal after it's fitted/blown up but not meaning to sound like an arse but I've put hours of searching into VNT control and have spent hundreds on this project, so I'm not going to just give my knowledge away to just get bombarded with questions. It will be fairly basic though. The answers are there for people, they just need to search, hard! ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 08:33 PM)Niall Wrote: needs a 2.1

/thread

How come?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 08:40 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Scott I may reveal after it's fitted/blown up but not meaning to sound like an arse but I've put hours of searching into VNT control and have spent hundreds on this project, so I'm not going to just give my knowledge away to just get bombarded with questions. It will be fairly basic though. The answers are there for people, they just need to search, hard! ninja
Yeah of course mate, that's what I meant, I wouldn't expect you to give everything up before you've been able to do it yourself Smile
Thanks given by:
Small update; picking the engine up on saturday, dropping off to the garage, have it looked over and PERHAPS have boost by next week.

Also, car passed the MOT this morning with NO advisories (ok it needed a retest as the rear brake hoses wern't sufficiently supported, but a few cable ties and wood screws fixed that! Chuffed! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So this time next week you'll either be overjoyed or overly depressed as something's gone a little bit wrong...?
Eye deal.
Thanks given by:
Yep.

Need a few bits beforehand, money is tight, but might just bodge the engine in and sort the rest later. being impatient and all, i need BOOOST!
Thanks given by:
Big Grin ideal! JP go'n get boost yo!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
For the people assuming because it says it's a TD series turbo, it's not a Mitsubishi, it's a Garrett...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 08:58 PM)Ruan Wrote: For the people assuming because it says it's a TD series turbo, it's not a Mitsubishi, it's a Garrett...

YAY! a response in my thread! Big Grin

Yep, an old school garrett indeed! old school tech for an old school engine!
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 08:58 PM)Ruan Wrote: For the people assuming because it says it's a TD series turbo, it's not a Mitsubishi, it's a Garrett...
As someone who is still pretty much a noob about turbos, care to explain?
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 09:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

YAY! a response in my thread! Big Grin

Yep, an old school garrett indeed! old school tech for an old school engine!

Old turbo= LAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAGAAAG
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Got a lot of work done today. Cleared out the garage with max, got rid of a load of scrap, £9 metal, £7 alloy wheel, and £10 to some lads at the car yard for the spare wheels.

[Image: 7C1xQey.jpg]

Then set about clocking the turbo.

TD25 - T2 - K14

[Image: FKerfq4.jpg]

Vanes

[Image: HIugtYP.jpg]

More vanes

[Image: CTqEcJC.jpg]

All vanes move freely, all intact, had a small issue with the turning of the turbines, very rough and felt seized. WD40 down the oil drain and after an hour of soaking and moving it was all free again.

Intact compressor
[Image: S122Rgd.jpg]

[Image: UcCxXkc.jpg]

Also managed to make up an oil line which was amazing, and also found a spare manifold to use. Just need an adapter plate/new threads. Not got that far yet, but progress nonetheless!
Thanks given by:
sorry if I missed this...probably been asked.. how will you control the vanes?

ignore me...just seem the posts! all the best... Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh it's a fairly simple turbo. The only type of production VNT like this I've seen. Spending the 'real' VNT time on strictlydervs setup; that's where the ideas are at Smile
Thanks given by:
be curious to see the results of such a simple VNT setup as opposed to a more modern type
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Indeed. It's never been done; it has it's faults, as does any setup, but we won't know unless it gets done Smile
Thanks given by:
i didn't have much hope for this thing but after seeing it it may have a fair amount of potential. Same size hot side give or take but it's just the cold side housing which is smaller than mine.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Very nice! Building up a nice collection of turbos there lol
Thanks given by:
We have an engine!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: gJum5qw.jpg]

Travelled 50 miles to get it, and another 100 odd on the return to the garage.
Picked it up from a Pegueot Boxer campervan, and MY GOD the gearbox was massive, along with the hubs and driveshafts. No use to me so i let him keep it.

Car scraped like mad with the engine in the back, the bumper got ground away enough it stopped scraping after 10 miles or so. IDEAL.

[Image: jL0JnmZ.jpg]

Cambelt still looks awesome, engine has only done 40k which is nice, and this is not a standard cambelt, been changed recently so might keep it on.

With a T2 on, again, in amazing condition. Going to keep it on and use it for the time being until the VNT is up together. I NEED BOOST.

[Image: BfxzZkP.jpg]

And finally the 2 engines next to each other - TD25 on the left, GT25 on the right

[Image: RcTNURx.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Minor update to anyone reading this.

Took the the lucas pump ready for the bosch pump from Dan! at the end of the month

Sold the Gearbox for £150 which puts that back into the PPC budget which is awesome!

Bought a 2 inch decat exhaust today from a 205 dturbo

Going to draw up an adapter plate at the weekend and send it to the forge to get cut, drilled and tapped, then look at getting the downpipe made up.
Thanks given by:
keep going!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate! So getting progress is so rewarding. Getting the exhaust out in the snow, having hands that are shredded, having blood over the engine and a killing back! But is all so rewarding!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,011 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,076 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,114 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb