205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
So.. i got myself an absoloute bargain; and is now a donor for the 'new' plan.

Specs;

1.8 NAD
205K - yes, 205,000 miles!
1 - yes 1 previous owner from new!
cambelt and aux belt done 5k ago
serviced 5k ago

theres a few problems with it - leaky rad, dodgy rear lights, busted rear beam but nonetheless engine is absoloutely SOUND.

Went with max and Eli, had a good drive and look around and for £300 i had to snap it up...

[Image: HJvVV.jpg]

[Image: JI4Jq.jpg]

[Image: MRg17.jpg]

[Image: SQx0K.jpg]

[Image: i4K2l.jpg]

The previous owner have had this from the factory and got the bumper and sunroof as optional extras and could explain EVERYTHING which has been done on this.

Really happy with it; collecting on tuesday once the new V5 has come through (the owners wanted to keep memories and put the original H plate on their fiat panda)

My plan was to just get a REALLY old NAD to trash around (like Ed's/Samass's) but after seeing the condition, quality and sound of the engine, i just couldn't trash it.

Oh, and it's bosch'd - Coaling time!
Probably going to turbo this as Max has all the bits ready to go!

So yeh, C&C welcomed!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Great start for the other project of yours :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The boot looks a little....pink? But if the engines sweet and its not rotten your winning! Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2012, 12:21 PM)Tom Wrote: The boot looks a little....pink? But if the engines sweet and its not rotten your winning! Smile

yeh it's been sat still for a while, just needs a buff up!
Thanks given by:
The car's a little gem for £300. Despite the milage the engine runs perfect.
I think for now you should gov' mod it and give more fuel Smile
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Do the rallye arches like Max's fit the 5 door?
Thanks given by:
Yeh, im pretty sure they do; saw max's thread and with a lowered stance and arches they look epic Smile
Thanks given by:
Rallye arches don't fit the 5 doors. Get some decent stance and it should look alreet.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Needs moar boost!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2012, 06:10 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Needs moar boost!

I assure you... it's coming Smile
Thanks given by:
OMG I had an inkling you were getting a 205 but I thought you were getting a cool 3dr. Im almost tempted to ban you for buying a 5dr cos everyone knows 5drs are ghey. In fact f*ck it, you can have a warning for buying a 5dr cos im outraged and this must be against the rules somewhere.
Thanks given by:
Had one of these as a stop-gap years ago,a 5 door too.. fun to thrash and reliable as chips Smile
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
lmao Chris!

Yeh it's not ideal and there are plans to weld up the back doors anyway ninja , but it's all relying on if me and max can get a cheap/decent welder Smile
Thanks given by:
Why are going to weld up the back doors? Thats just going to look tragic no?

Cool project though...going to boost it for sure? or explore the na?

I started a supercharged NA project last summer, but never had chance to finish it, I think it would be an EPIC little thing, if you tune the na's hard and run plenty of timnig with no pipe, they make some really fun power, coupled with a charger would be really unique...be different anyway...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
It's all draft, i like the 5 door's, its different... maybe not to everyones taste, but again, it was a bargain.

As for the NA power; it's running a bosch, so we're going to gov mod and tweek the fuel, see how it run, i was impressed when we were taken out in it earlier, 4 of us in the NAD and it pulls fairly well!

Max has a spare turbo setup ready which we're going to have a play with, but i'm going to also build a XUD9 lump to drop in at some point. FCS 2013 seems a fair enough goal.
Thanks given by:
Didn't someone on .net have a white 5-door 205 with an FMIC'ed XUD9? That was pretty nice but I can't remember who it was...
Thanks given by:
Weejimmy?
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2012, 05:10 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Weejimmy?

I think that was the one, it had 1.6 GTI pepperpots?
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2012, 05:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(21-10-2012, 05:10 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Weejimmy?

I think that was the one, it had 1.6 GTI pepperpots?

Yeah that's him. Reading his thread on 205drivers he packed with cars and moved away or something. He was a great help with my conversion, gave me lots of answers.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
PLEASE get this number plate for your car. OR is this your car and you were lying about getting the nad?

Thanks given by:
That is amazing?!?! Where was this?! I need to find the owner and steal this plate!
Thanks given by:
Gyiinge. This is your new name, just effwhyeye.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 12:46 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: OR is this your car and you were lying about getting the nad?

No one and I mean no one buys a Kia soul on purpose!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 01:08 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 12:46 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: OR is this your car and you were lying about getting the nad?

Not even Gyiinge?
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 01:23 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 01:08 PM)Niall Wrote:

Not even Gyiinge?

Not unless Gyiinge was dropped on his head as a baby then used as a replacement for a rugby ball!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 12:46 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: PLEASE get this number plate for your car. OR is this your car and you were lying about getting the nad?

sweet idea but i'm going to say the boring thing and remind you that you can only put older plates than the vehicle you're putting them on, on . . . . . . .shame i know . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 02:39 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 01:23 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 01:08 PM)Niall Wrote: No one and I mean no one buys a Kia soul on purpose!

Not even Gyiinge?

Not unless Gyiinge was dropped on his head as a baby then used as a replacement for a rugby ball!

I'm not saying anything..... Nospeak

(22-10-2012, 03:09 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 12:46 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: PLEASE get this number plate for your car. OR is this your car and you were lying about getting the nad?

sweet idea but i'm going to say the boring thing and remind you that you can only put older plates than the vehicle you're putting them on, on . . . . . . .shame i know . . Smile

I found this little gem of info out the other day. Shame..... It would've been a good plate!
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
Picked the car up last night; got about 5 minutes along when huge plumes of smoke come out the back of the car, engulfing Eli driving behind me; no i wasn't coaling.

Pulled over to investigate; i assumed the worst and thought something had caught alight.. so i emptied the car of everything i had in there (paperwork and such). looked under and could just see more smoke coming out, bonnet up, nothing unusual. no smoke here, checked the boot to see if something in there had caught alight (knowing there are dodgy wires in the boot), nothing, but the wheel arch was scalding!

Turned out, where the beam is fairly f*cked, the inner camber had been rubbing the rear arch so much the tyre was smoking the lot!

So i let some air out of the tyre to get the tyre away from the arch so i could drive home, and it worked.. drove like an absoloute dream!

Getting a new beam fitted on wednesday hopefully; also, there's the usual rattling from the N/S so will have a look and see what the drama is about!
Thanks given by:
*I would just like to add that I suggested to release some air from the tyre to prevent the rubbing. Gyiinge was going to leave John-Paul / JP on the side of the road..... Poor JP.*
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 7,988 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 61,973 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,107 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb