205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
Looking good buddy! Smile
Thanks given by:
Haha will do so bud, she's too pretty for me to ruin.

Yeah, on the nsf corner of the bumper, thought it was class anyway. Reminds me, i must order some stickers from Tom...

Also, Vaughan had 205 coilies?! Why lol?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lol no, he has 306 coilies; they fit onto a 205 ThumbsUp

little heads up there for ya
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
looking all good chap....have to say, the power figure wasnt a surprise until it was mentioned that it was on a standard 9mm pump, without gov mod etc.
I am on a t2, with 11mm pump, gov modded, 25psi....and theres no way its close to 150bhp.

but all looking good chap. Smile

boost on Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol at the ride hight that's what my 106 was like when I first bought it lol

Not read all this thread don't see how a dyno can be so far out Undecided

Anyway wheels look good Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 05:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Not read all this thread don't see how a dyno can be so far out Undecided

googled dyno setups and accuracy and you will see!

setup wrong and you could make it have 500bhp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 05:27 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 05:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Not read all this thread don't see how a dyno can be so far out Undecided

I take it that means samass go-nad dyno is out to with his being at same place?

Thanks given by:

Goodness, let's not start this again. It boils down to the accuracy of a dyno when a car has no working rev counter, revs are estimated and power figures will never be accurate. The argument that "so and so's car made book figures" doesn't quite cut it as the dyno may well be 100% accurate, but the revs for so and so's car were known, making the power output a true figure.

Could go all day arguing the toss, personally I think it's a little too high given my experience of 9mm pumps, but as long as LeMinge is happy with it it doesn't really matter. 135bhp or 150bhp, it's in a tin can, and they're mighty healthy figures.

(11-07-2013, 05:32 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

I take it that means samass go-nad dyno is out to with his being at same place?

Yep, but Sam said as much when he posted the results. A dyno measures torque, power is then calculated as a function of rpm. As long as the torque is healthy then happy days as that's all the dyno can actually measure.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
does encourage me though...with the little 106nad of my wifeys...been toying with different turbo for it....

but dont see the point, esp after seeing Gingers, 875kg and 135bhp or 150bhp still guna go like a cheetah on cocaine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
@cwspellowe oh right I under stand now we'll I think I do lol so the torque figure is approx right?

@piggy I'm still looking in to the turbo my nad just its taking a back seat for now still like the idea of d turbo engine in it tho

Thanks given by:
Just a simpler route for me IMO. less fafffing wth the 1.5 box/weak clutch and timing the dam thing. I know XUD9s, so having them power all me motors makes things simple for me...not for all though.

be different, get a supercharge for your nad!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 05:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: @cwspellowe oh right I under stand now we'll I think I do lol so the torque figure is approx right?

@piggy I'm still looking in to the turbo my nad just its taking a back seat for now still like the idea of d turbo engine in it tho

Nah, torque would be accurate, but bhp figures are calculated using estimated numbers.

A rolling road measures the force of the driving wheels against a known resistance, the rollers. BHP is then calculated by inputting the rpm at which the torque is produced. It also takes into account transmission losses which vary from car to car, 4wd cars having more transmission loss than 2wd generally.

So basically a rolling road measures torque at the wheels, and bhp and "at the fly" figures are then calculated from that.
Thanks given by:
Surely bhp at the wheels would be a more accurate figure to be proud of? At end of day...thats what matters!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 06:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: Surely bhp at the wheels would be a more accurate figure to be proud of? At end of day...thats what matters!

Probably yeah, but seen as everyone quotes their car's power using at the fly figures it's not really a good way to compare anything.

If your car produces 130bhp at the wheels and someone else's produces 150bhp at the fly, how do you know who has the bigger penis?
Thanks given by:
hehe....I would know Wink Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yawn. Chris. This is getting old now.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 07:23 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Yawn. Chris. This is getting old now.

Tbf take his compliment and run, as has been said time and time again f*ck the power figure, not like your thread title is ' 205 OMG 153BHP!!!!!', it's an awesome fun drive no matter what
Thanks given by:
Don't think cwspellowe was haveing a dig ginge just explaining it to me.

But I see we're your comeing from now cwspellowe. Thanks for explaining it learn something new every day lol

Thanks given by:
Ah interesting to know monsieur minge, i might just have to file that away under useful information of no interest to a certain gf...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Small update on this; i had lined up some gti valances, but being unable to get a respond from the seller i sacked it in and painted the bumpers matt black to give it an all round finish.

I also fitted the white steelies with some much better tyres on. I now don't row like a boat. The pictures don't do it a whole bunch of justice. but IRL it looks a lot better than the older, larger wheeled steelies. also 5mm spacers on the rear.

[Image: 143iToK.jpg]

[Image: cqleCFH.jpg]

[Image: isVk4eH.jpg]

[Image: 3sjYKPZ.jpg]

Next plan is to fit the brakes (after realising my hoses were seized), hit it with a lowerin stick, fit a small gti spoiler and then look about adapting the turbo; seeing as it didn't sell and i've survived to payday!
Thanks given by:
looks so random....will look even more random with a huge blower and it blasting passed glum faced chaps in their suped up sportscars!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 07:24 AM)Piggy Wrote: looks so random....will look even more random with a huge blower and it blasting passed glum faced chaps in their suped up sportscars!

i know; it's perfect!

just stood back and looked at it's odd 5 door shell, and thought "f*ck yeh!" knowing that it steams along! is definitely becoming one of my favourite cars i've owned and worked on.

getting some new rubber on the front this morning; as a graduation gift from the mrs ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Looking really good mate cant wait to see this at fcs
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile

If I have surplus time, and when I say I, I mean Vaughan, I might restore the faded paint patches to the original state.
Thanks given by:
Nice looks sweet!
Good job you've got that low entry jack Wink
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 07:46 AM)Stephen Wrote: Nice looks sweet!
Good job you've got that low entry jack Wink

lmao !!

yeh right! BUT it does come in very handy when working on the GTI, that's for sure!

This is more like what it looks like at the moment; a proud shot!

[Image: bRee35S.jpg]
Thanks given by:
leave paintwork as it is, adds character. Im not sure on the white wheels though....I rekon some halfords special wheel trims would do it a treat!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome!
Thanks given by:
De badge the rear will look better.

Other than that looks great.

Could of gone bright on the wheels but white is cool.
Thanks given by:
No way hosay!
Love the GLD badge; it's more rare than a GTI 205!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,013 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,099 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,115 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb