205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
You're still welcome.

Ginge, it's actually setup up well with the low torque levels since most same it's torque that helps with the throwing of rods.
Thanks given by:
Well from the outside, why wouldn't anyone be surprised? Overly high figures, some of the highest seen around here even compared to T2's on 11mm pumps, on an engine that you struggled to get running for pages on this very thread? You say you've been tuning XUD's for years but your basic mechanical knowledge has appeared lacking.

It's gone from "aw f*ck I don't know what i'm doing" to "look at my amazing magical T2".

If you want to live in dreamland and not accept that the figures seem remarkably high, fine, your prerogative. Noone here's told you it isn't what you're claiming, but doubts have understandably been raised because they seem high.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 06:34 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Well from the outside, why wouldn't anyone be surprised? Overly high figures, some of the highest seen around here even compared to T2's on 11mm pumps, on an engine that you struggled to get running for pages on this very thread? You say you've been tuning XUD's for years but your basic mechanical knowledge has appeared lacking.

It's gone from "aw f*ck I don't know what i'm doing" to "look at my amazing magical T2".

If you want to live in dreamland and not accept that the figures seem remarkably high, fine, your prerogative. Noone here's told you it isn't what you're claiming, but doubts have understandably been raised because they seem high.

Again, a bit unfair.
11mm is regardless. 9mm are more than capable of fueling a t2. Any more and you're lagging/EGT issues.
Secondly, saying I lack basic mechanical knowledge? I had issues timing my first cambelt? Hardly a basic job.. To add, I've done this entire engine change pretty much on my own, with a little help here and there. And not to mention how annoying it is hearing you taking "aw f*ck" to "look at this power". It's been a f*cking long journey and wanted to give up many of times, it's now performing and there's people saying things like this? Seriously?

But no, it's a high figure for the setup. I've never said that this is a benchmark/standard figure. But, it's a low mileage engine and turbo.

Oh and FFS, take a 1.5nad turbo makes 133bhp, a 1.9 makes 20bhp more and hell brakes loose
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
End of the day, if the dyno is right then f*cking good on you Stephen, mechanical knowledge or not the car is running it doesn't matter what you've gone through to get it running - it just is. And if the dyno is wrong which judging by others output doesn't seem to be - then so what?
Thanks given by:
**edited**

Know what? Forget it. You're missing the point, it's like talking to a brick wall.
Thanks given by:
If his is high, then everybody else's results are high then, yes?
Thanks given by:
I'm struggling to see a point behind your comments?
I'm jammy with it? Lucky? Because I have a good result and to what you say, poor knowledge? What is the point you're making?
Thanks given by:
*sigh*

Go have a read on how torque/power is calculated and then decide for yourself. Too much effort trying to explain the variances between measuring RPM of each car, especially when it comes to mechanical diesels.

Look at Sam's comments in the pictures thread about his estimated RPM. You can add a bazillion bhp if you wanted by adjusting your RPM readings.
Thanks given by:
Now you've lost me...
When did RPM come into your point?
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 07:03 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Now you've lost me...
When did RPM come into your point?

How do you think your power was calculated?
Thanks given by:
So you're going to blame the guy running the dyno? He's set all the other cars, calibrated them all fine and got some pretty spot on results.
Perhaps mine was a fluke? Both runs, perhaps.. You could question the result
Of every dyno then ..
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 07:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote: So you're going to blame the guy running the dyno? He's set all the other cars, calibrated them all fine and got some pretty spot on results.
Of every dyno then ..

I dobt think hes trying to say its wrong just seems high regarding the current setup.
Well done on the figure I hopebi get near that with mine
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 07:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote: So you're going to blame the guy running the dyno? He's set all the other cars, calibrated them all fine and got some pretty spot on results.
Of every dyno then ..

Does your rev counter work? Is it accurate?

If the answer to either of those is "no" or "maybe", forgive me for being at least a bit unconvinced.

If however you can without a shadow of a doubt say the RPM's were spot on and it did actually make that power with such relatively low torque, well done, you found an extra 10bhp with your so-called "mild tune" than anyone else manages on a 9mm/T2 with the max fuel wound so far the revs are starting to climb...
Thanks given by:
I must admit, I was quite surprised at the power figure but then again, i wasnt there and i didnt see it so cant really comment. I was also pretty surprised at all the results ive heard from this dyno day but again, i wasnt there so i cant comment. All i can comment on is i dont see how people are saying "this dyno is very accurate". What is the benchmark?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The engine is a good one in this car. It runs 100% spot on, de-filtered, non-EGR mani's (not some bodge welded EGR one) straight through exhaust, 25+psi decent Bosch pump which I fiddled with on the dyno. So I don't see why it couldn't have made that power, which to be fair didn't hold for very long but it still peaked at that figure so a gov mod would have helped maintain it longer.
There is the thing about the RPM gauge and stuff so that could have caused some slight inaccuracies but f it had there's no doubt it made any less than 130-140. But again after looking at the graph it does look about right in spool up and fuel cutting times to be fair....

Lets face it alot of cars with similar spec which have been on rolling roads may have poor set-ups, boost leaks, blocked fuel filter ect ect but I know this engine is a good one.

There's no need for such aggressive posts though, it's only a bloody car dyno graph....
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Not been arsed to read thread - Torque looks too low for the power, typical XUD issue on dyno, unless they laser tacho it, you might as well discount it... 220lbft should give around 135-140hp on a T2...

Ive never seen above 150 on any T2 or K14 even on 11mm, and yes 11mm will make a difference, if it didn't make a difference then no DI engine would ever need bigger injector nozzles... Look up about Injection Windows...

The dyno can be the most accurate in the world, but it's typical of dyno days to poorly run cars on a Saturday because they want to piss off home... Dyno dynamics shootout combined with innacurate engine reference is next to useless...

This isn't slagging off your car, btw more the dyno operator...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 08:22 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: The engine is a good one in this car. It runs 100% spot on, de-filtered, non-EGR mani's (not some bodge welded EGR one) straight through exhaust, 25+psi decent Bosch pump which I fiddled with on the dyno. So I don't see why it couldn't have made that power, which to be fair didn't hold for very long but it still peaked at that figure so a gov mod would have helped maintain it longer.
There is the thing about the RPM gauge and stuff so that could have caused some slight inaccuracies but f it had there's no doubt it made any less than 130-140. But again after looking at the graph it does look about right in spool up and fuel cutting times to be fair....

Lets face it alot of cars with similar spec which have been on rolling roads may have poor set-ups, boost leaks, blocked fuel filter ect ect but I know this engine is a good one.

There's no need for such aggressive posts though, it's only a bloody car dyno graph....

Slight inaccuracies? A 500rpm inaccuracy is 25bhp difference. Who's to say any other t2 that only made 140bhp was set up wrong..?

Ruan has pretty much echoed my sentiments, but f*ck it, obviously everyone who has said it seems over must be wrong.
Thanks given by:
Sooo... aside from the moaning, Ruan, thanks for the explanation of how variations can occur on dyno runs Smile

Fitted a temporary grill and some bonnet pins today, as the bonnet was precariously lifting and flapping when on the motorway after hitting the deer earlier on the year, the bonnet has a few kinks and dinks. Vlj is the witness to such scary moments whilst driving..

anyway, luckily, they don't look too gash, but well, i kinda need them...

Oh, and i know, the grill is wonky. It was a cheap temporary jobby to cover up the fans and make it look half respectable again!

[Image: CnFfYB8.jpg]

And had a little blast earlier with max and his 205.

[Image: sKyZWg6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking really nice dude, needs lowering though.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 05:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Looking really nice dude, needs lowering though.

Cheers Smile

yeh definitely, i'm afraid i have to prioritise, lowering will come as and when i think. The brakes are genuinely shot! but yeh, when i see something decent pop up, no doubt i'd buy Smile
Thanks given by:
You want some 266s
Thanks given by:
Looking good man Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 07:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You want some 266s

Lol I've got some. Just need some pads.

Thanks Matt ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
got round to fitting my water temp gauge and adapter.

[Image: Ly7rAUM.jpg]

The temp gauge is a temp fit as i forgot the gauge takes 5 wires Doh a bit tooo thick to fit through the pod i've got, i'll get working and figuring out how to fit something around it

[Image: MzYnOXV.jpg]

oh, and bought some stickers... cheers toms306

[Image: bwzASJt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2013, 05:49 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [Image: MzYnOXV.jpg]

f*ck me, Dum Dum, is that you?!
Thanks given by:
One cable tie! Come on lol
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2013, 06:17 PM)ginge191 Wrote: One cable tie! Come on lol
^^^ Clearly two of them there. Also if you call them self locking nylon ratchet straps nobody thinks your bodging it.

Jubilee clip would of been more secure lol
Thanks given by:
Noticed the stickers yesterday and forgot to mention them, look good.

This goes bloody well whatever the actual power figure is, well impressed! Also jealous and wishing Charli would let me modify hers... Doh
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lol cheers mate Smile

Stickers courtesy of toms306 - yet to apply the second sticker.

As for Charli's car; don't modify it! it's MIND standard! stick to the plans you've got! ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
started refurbing the spare steelies today; and they have a much thinner profile on the tyre; unforutnately when they're test fitted with the curernt ride heigh it's quite shocking to say the least. So, awaiting vlj's coilies before these go on!

[Image: Tw6EiKU.jpg]

And, for anyone who fancies a lol; check the ride height
http://i.imgur.com/YbUlMBQ.jpg
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,015 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,111 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,117 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb