Feltspec white ph1 - polished and starting the tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feltspec white ph1 - polished and starting the tidy up
Cheers connor, it had a mbc on it but it never seemed to matter what wat it was screw'd, it just kinda boosted as it pleased, usaly never went above 25, but the odd time I did see it pinning the 30psi gauge

as for the lag, I dunno when it kicked in, never had a working rev counter to see lol, but you did have to rev her to get her to go

And lol bout the accent, I'm naw tht bad :p, well have to get a meet organised, or maybe all get together on easter sunday, ill maybe have started messing about way my new engine by then

On a kinda serious note here, couple days booked off next week, so she'll have a new engine for next weekend, will be running standard for a while, on a lucas aswell, the 11mm will be put on at some time but
Thanks given by:
engine finaly out of this ole dose, havent seen an engine bay as bad for an engine that hasnt blown, wasnt as bad on the last engine we put into it and it blew a rod outa bed, new engines near enough ready to go in, mates bringing a clutch alignment tool over, and gonna take both clutches out and see what ones best

on with a couple pictures here

front up in the air
[Image: IMG-20130129-00037_zps4c2581e0.jpg]

front end
[Image: IMG-20130129-00040_zpsae7a1007.jpg]

front
[Image: IMG-20130129-00039_zps2b467757.jpg]

rad out
[Image: IMG-20130129-00042_zps5d2aed18.jpg]

engine out
[Image: IMG-20130129-00044_zps73605185.jpg]

and finaly, one of the cleanest engine bays ive seen for a white ph1 Big Grin
[Image: IMG-20130129-00045_zpse98b36bc.jpg]

c&c
Thanks given by:
well, thought i'd update this

2 weeks on, the zx engine dropped a valve, stopped it to put derv into her, when i started her she was running on 3 cylinders, so spent today swaping engines and now have one out of a xsara in her, unknown miles, lucas pump and a t2, hopefully this one lasts longer than 2 weeks

going to rebuild the zx engine, as i know have it and the first engine as spares, will be full rebuild, and then atleast i know ill have a good engine at the end of it, current engine will be left the way it sits, egr and all on it

edit, she is alive once again, stock lucas and gt15, needs a vacum pump and couple wee bits tidyied up, but least i have a car for work again Big Grin
Thanks given by:
another update, naw that anyone paying attention Big Grin

have a new boost gauge coming, as i cant run my current one at night, backlight is way to bright, and led so cant be dimmed
also have a pillar pod coming to hold it
2 12" slimline fans
passenger side electric window motor(thanks to Danny2009)
also have a few relay holders, a 4 pin waterproof plug for the fans
and two 2 pin plugs for my fog's, as they are just soldered atm, pain when taking the bumper off

so before i changed my last engine i tidied up my air horn install, as they where just cable tied to pipes before, made a nice bracket with a 90 twist in it
[Image: IMG-20130209-00053_zps47a79ddc.jpg]

also fitted a ph2/3 center console, and new rear one as screw holes where broke off my old one, couple more changes coming to this at the weekend if it all turns up, note the slight jdm touch, its weighted gear knob i had on my civic
[Image: IMG-20130215-00063_zps2c889b58.jpg]

just a couple photos from the weekend, polished it on friday, and resprayed my mirror caps on saturday, also sprayed the black bits matt black
[Image: IMG-20130215-00066_zps1928dafb.jpg]

and then headed for some photos on sunday with my brothers leon
[Image: IMG-20130217-00077_zps315074bd.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130217-00082_zpse82d3e24.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130217-00084_zpsc6bc0cb9.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130217-00090_zpsc0ba54eb.jpg]

so theres a big cruise on, as every year, down at the port, so im aiming to get this looking how i want for then
plans
refurb the cyclones, silver again
also refurbing a set of dturbos in white as a second set
rear 3 windows tinted and a sunstrip
repsray all black trim matt black, including front spliter
sort out archs, paint chipped, rear drivers side flared from a bent axle at one point
new numberplates
get all wiring sorted, fans mounted etc
tidy up other bits and pieces, wont go into details
Thanks given by:
Glad that its back on the road again mate shame about the zx engine must be a big change going on a gt15 i blew mine in 2 months only at 20psi.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
people may slate FELT SPEC but i think it looks soooo good and im thinking of doing it to mine. just for shits and giggles.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking well ricky she'll be all sorted for easter im sure. are you going for more power or just leaving as is atm?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You just got me all excited for easter sunday! lol
Thanks given by:
@jtrigga - cheers lad, was really pissed off that night, but glad shes back working again, all be it standard atm, big change is right, spools up so much earlier than my k14, ill see what boost she can hold shortly Big Grin

@kingy - feltspec ftw, tried euro and jdm, to much hassle and money involved, money that could be spent on turbos and engines

@rd70707 - hope so lad, couple weekends should see it all sorted, then just the tints and plates, will likely screw it abit for easter, run for a couple more weeks standard but

@ ollie - we where talking bout it on sunday there, cant wait now, only one problem i see, speedbumps at landsdown carpark
Thanks given by:
Aww I know, seen a picture on Facebook of the new ramps! Will be a nightmare lol. I usually take the Landy onto the grass but ill be in the zx this year and all being well she'll be rightly down. Ill be in touch before then, might bump into you there or at th diffing later on.
Thanks given by:
Aye, I haven't been down around it yet, but going by what the boss says their not as bad as the ones at kellys, so shouldn't be to bad for me

Aye ill be for the diffin as always, ill have to get a chat way you this year, get the two parked beside each other, shame the landy aint coming, was class last year way u n mickysham
Thanks given by:
hopefully i will be fairly low after this weekend too. was that the landrover with the big speakers and mic on it? if so it was class craic lol.
Thanks given by:
Wuda been a big yellow pickup landy iirc, its massey red now

U gonna try lowerin her urself, I might see about getting mine lower at the front for it, just 10mm or so Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 12:54 PM)rd070707 Wrote: hopefully i will be fairly low after this weekend too. was that the landrover with the big speakers and mic on it? if so it was class craic lol.

Mines the green one with lights on the roof. It was probably the pickup you remember, would have been yellow at the time. We both have speakers but Michael would have been more likely to be giving the abuse hahah!

Serious craic but need to get this zx out a cruise.
Thanks given by:
aye lad i started it at the weekend but never got finished so will finish it tomorrow night. i dropped one side and it must of been nicks cos it was ridiculous lol. jesus yours will be low then!

@ollie - some of the abuse was unreal last year, great craic lol. heard him commenting on the diffing one night lol was priceless
Thanks given by:
aye, sure hard to beat alot of abuse, you mounting the cb in the zx ollie?

gd job lad, need it low Big Grin, thats the plan, but might wait for coilovers and do it right
Thanks given by:
Haha, "first man to throw her round gets £10." Was that the same night we had a tug of war at whiterocks lol?

Not sure bout the cb, it's built into the Landy and it's the only one I have. If I get hold of another ill throw it in. Always handy.
Thanks given by:
i really like your idea of how the airhorns are mounted. nice one Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
lol. aye lad im just lucky i got my coilovers cheap off here cos im broke haha.
Thanks given by:
@ollie, aye they are handy, i sold mine when i had the civic, so hada buy another for this dturbo, good few gettings about

@ozone, cheers, keeps them all in one place, just gotta find space somewhere for 5 more horns and another compressor Smile, dixie horns ftw Big Grin

@rd, aye, mine only on 60mm saxo's, but they are fully compressed when its on the ground, so without cutting, or taking them out completely, i wont be much lower for a while

bit of work done tonight, relocated the cd player, its not fitted as more work to be done to the center console, will update when i get it all done, hopefully tomorrow if it all arrives
[Image: IMG-20130221-00104_zps58bc0de4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
is this yolk from the ballymoney area ??
Thanks given by:
Yep, I'm from just outside b'money
Thanks given by:
thought it was cars looking well Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers lad, works slowed down on it this weekend though
so, i had planned to get the center console all finished, but mid way through making brackets, the grinder decided skin would be better to cut
[Image: IMG-20130222-00106_zps5f3858fd.jpg]

2 stitches later, this happened yesturday
[Image: IMG-20130222-00109_zps66cf585e.jpg]

but today i got on with refitting everything
first the center console, minus switches
[Image: IMG-20130223-00110_zps02089610.jpg]

and then a new boost gauge and pod
[Image: IMG-20130223-00112_zpsfa6d0b80.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130223-00111_zps570f05bd.jpg]

pleased with it now, pity i couldnt get fans mounted but sure, plenty time to get thay done Big Grin
Thanks given by:
i hate grinder cuts, take ages to heal. unlucky dude
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
aye, stitches coming out on friday, first time i ever got stitches, really naw that bad

oh and thanks to ozone im getting a smooth ph1 front grill Big Grin
Thanks given by:
enjoy opening it lol. sooo much duct tape :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
ill keep my other hand well away when using the knife lol, expect a "been to a&e for stitches thread" sometime this week Big Grin
Thanks given by:
well this projects finaly over, got the car i always promised myself and loving it atm

[Image: toledo_zps9115ea3c.jpg]

seat toledo tdi, 110, remapped, straight through, coilovers and rs6's
Thanks given by:
Sad whats happened to the pug?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,759 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,473 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Rallye Tidy Up (Yes yet another one) MCH 13 3,581 08-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ben_w