rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced
They are really easy mate, just follow my guide and youll be fine.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
seen this sitting in ballymoney today, looks the part, but does need to be lower imo Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Aye I'll get it lower once I get my new wheels and take the coilovers down too. Arches will need rolled so il do it all in one go lol.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Plans look good mate, but then I'm biased! Get something nice and wide on there!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
awh dude tell me about it...the wheels are ORDERED! really excited to get them but they will need a bit of work before they go on. all being well they will look the part
Thanks given by:
so got a few things done today, got the new door fitted now to replace the old dented one and gave her a good wash. Also got my rear wiper sacked off, looks a lot better and cleaner.

Some whoring

[Image: 35d0vm1.jpg]
[Image: 2568v2o.jpg]
[Image: 34dh5wz.jpg]

next up is a full service so gathered all my bits up on friday and il do it tomorrow
[Image: 2z9gr6c.jpg]

Can't wait to get the wheels on, should arrive this week then need refurbed and bored out etc but want them on asap for easter.

Have a few ideas for the car to make it stand out from the crowd a bit so hopefully get some bits coming together shortly

Only thing bugging me about the car atm is how uncomfortable the ride is on our rough roads...its hard to bear at times, must be cause this beams knackered though
Thanks given by:
old fuel filter vs new haha
[Image: 30conip.jpg]

need to sort my exhaust now as my backbox fell off lol
Thanks given by:
Today I finally got round to decatting the exhaust and also replaced the backbox with a bit of straight pipe, the midbox now hits against the floor of the car now which is annoying so I will need adjusted.
Thanks given by:
looking smart...but dude you need to sort out your lazers!! they look mank!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Dude I have, my new wheels are being refurbed atm lol. I hate the lasers with a passion
Thanks given by:
good man
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got one of my headlights off yesterday as I was going to mask them...then realised they didn't fit in my oven -_-

got a good big list of things to be done for easter :

bore out wheels, returb and fit tyres prob 185/45
roll arches to fit 8j et-12
lower at front
finish of exhaust with nice tip
black masks
few other ideas - repaint calipers, roof vinyl etc

I want to get my injectors done as rough running and tickyness is doing my nut in! But possibly don't want to take the risk of not getting it running again for the easter cruise lol

Few pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Got poke?

Thanks given by:
What you all think of getting these fitted? think I'm going 185 ans getting an arch roller next week

Thanks given by:
Front end tidied up slightly with pressed plates, purple fog tints and tow hook.

Can someone please tell me how I get the front bumper to sit right, ie lose the brutal gap on the passenger side below the headlight?

Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 11:31 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Front end tidied up slightly with pressed plates, purple fog tints and tow hook.

Can someone please tell me how I get the front bumper to sit right, ie lose the brutal gap on the passenger side below the headlight?

How did u tint fogs have u used tha cheapy film off ebay ? Is it easy to do on the ph 3 fogs mte ?? Let us know how youve done it looks ace Smile

(28-03-2013, 11:31 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Front end tidied up slightly with pressed plates, purple fog tints and tow hook.

How did u tint fogs have u used tha cheapy film off ebay ? Is it easy to do on the ph 3 fogs mte ?? Let us know how youve done it looks ace Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate its tinting film, was a bitch to do without taking the fogs out, took me a few goes on each to get it right lol. Hairdrier helps big time tho to help it stretch
Thanks given by:
Um, you just hold the bumper up in the right place while tightening the securing nuts...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Il give that a bash if I get the time mate.

Anyway got the wheels on today, lowered the front probs another 20mm

havent rolled the rear arches yet as it didn't look like it would scrub at first but it does slightly :/ bye bye paint

some pics

Thanks given by:
Sits lovely that mate, spot on!
Thanks given by:
Need to get the arches rolled though dave... But I'm happy with how it looks
Thanks given by:
Are those the weller steels? They look awesome!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
is it me or are alot of people making moonstone 306s look the same as each others now? lol
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 01:04 PM)Poodle Wrote: Are those the weller steels? They look awesome!

cheers mate they are minilte reps. I got the centres bored out to fit

(30-03-2013, 02:02 PM)tim 306td Wrote: is it me or are alot of people making moonstone 306s look the same as each others now? lol

Well me and Dave both have 5dr moonstones with wider wheels but I'm sure they will end up different in some ways, I have a few plans and I doubt his will be exactly the same unless he can read my mind lol
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 02:02 PM)tim 306td Wrote: is it me or are alot of people making moonstone 306s look the same as each others now? lol

I know what you mean mate, trying not to let mine just be a clone of Chris'! Problem is, if you want to go the euro route there aren't many different ways of doing it!
Thanks given by:
I like adding small touches to mine that make it my own and I have a few bigger ideas that might come with time. I love how the car sits now, just need to get it so its driveable...rolled the arches tonight so we will see how that goes. Might flare them a bit soon and go lower at the back
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 02:07 PM)rd070707 Wrote: cheers mate they are minilte reps. I got the centres bored out to fit

Ah nice! Inlove
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
dave what i was on about chris has his intercooler sticking out the front and has pink wheels you wanted the same lol your car looks ace as it is with banded steels in purple it looked abit different but now rd07s looks the same as yours ha ha if i do get onother 306 its going on coilovers with urban camo wrapped bonnet, roof and lights masked the same. compomotive th mono wheels on it aswel
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2013, 08:42 AM)tim 306td Wrote: dave what i was on about chris has his intercooler sticking out the front and has pink wheels you wanted the same lol your car looks ace as it is with banded steels in purple it looked abit different but now rd07s looks the same as yours ha ha if i do get onother 306 its going on coilovers with urban camo wrapped bonnet, roof and lights masked the same. compomotive th mono wheels on it aswel

Aye, mine is going a slightly different direction now and I'm sure RDs will too. For simple and effective you won't beat your old hdi, was a lovely car that! Haha you should do that though!
Thanks given by:
They just look the same as atm because they are just standard moonstones lowered with 8j wheels lol. Most 306 on here are lowered 60mm with clones too. I just haven't quite landed on the right idea but I want it to be different
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,638 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese
  Project OEM Phase 3 GTi6 - Moonstone aircool 2 1,993 14-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: aircool
  Project moonstone... passed MOT!!! :-) kentiiboii 96 41,067 20-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii