rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced
it means you'll need some fettling of the arches to make them fit, as they will stick out farther than the standard wheels

check out www.willtheyfit.com , stadard 306 is et18 i think, and standard tyre size should be 195/55/r15

you'll probably have to run a bit of stretch too id imagine
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
cheers mate helpful link. so arches will need rolled? what would be a good tyre for the wellers do you think?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you could probably get away with 195/45 or even 195/55, with a little bit of arch work. not really sure bh, this isn't my area of expertise, cwspellowe might have a better idea...

Thanks given by:
Question....will 14" wellers fit over hdi brakes? eyeing up a set cos i think with mega lows it would look cool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160917063705?s...1423.l2649
Thanks given by:
possibly. depends on the offest. standard 14" 306 steelies do

Thanks given by:
see thats the weird thing, my spare wheel is a 14" steelie and it wouldnt fit over the brakes. and i got one from a pug breaker one time off a 306 and it didnt go over lol.
Thanks given by:
what shape were the holes in them? the ones with round holes dont fit, but the ones with oval holes (see my sig) do

Thanks given by:
right right lol. well im still to hear back from this guy as to what the offset is. think they would look awesome tho. need the centres bored out too but i can get that sorted
Thanks given by:
Offset is worked out from the mating face to the centre of the wheel so ET0 is mating face dead centre of the wheel

Feckin el, you type like demons! Thought I'd replied to the wrong thread! Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah mate still waiting to hear back lol.

anyway update as more is happening now:

bought the ta coilovers off samass, getting fitted this weekend if they are there on time lol.

[Image: 33vlxko.jpg]

also purchased some low mileage injectors off a berlingo off ebay and picked up another set of half leathers with a good drivers bolster so il be changing that

so future plans are:
-lower roughly 60mm all round
-fit injectors
-sort aux belt tensioner which needs replaced
-fit new seats
-fit new right hand door and wing - these are the two duff bits of bodywork on the car and theres a local moonstone for breaking with good ones on
-decat and possibly stage 1 map after a good service
-oh and roof racks, black masks and black badges lol
Thanks given by:
Injectors arrived today Big Grin need to get new seals and washers for them. Anybody have any tips on removing/ fitting?

Also I'm on the look out for wheels if anyone sees anything that may be of interest. Going for a euro look but hard to find in 4x108 pcd
Thanks given by:
small update decided to paint my badge black diy style lol. few pics:

[Image: 4uareo.jpg]

[Image: 2d8jjlv.jpg]

now i want black masks!
Thanks given by:
coilovers and rear shocks are in Smile massive improvement in handling, a lot more solid up front. MOT is on saturday so fingers crossed, then to get more bits sorted
Thanks given by:
MOT passed! Big Grin now to sort my binding brakes and crank pulley lol
Thanks given by:
hmmm phase one 306 nearby for sale, massively tempted to swap lol
Thanks given by:
thought I would give a quick update as I havent in ages lol. Coilovers are in and its lowered at the rear too. Got my roof bars fitted too as well as tiidying up the interior

[Image: vimm8k.jpg]

plans going forward are:

decat, de backbox
gti brakes
new wheels Smile
stage one map after a good service

heading down the euro route with the appearance so we will see what it ends up like lol

will get up some good pics after shes got a good clean
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 03:34 PM)rd070707 Wrote: small update decided to paint my badge black diy style lol. few pics:

[Image: 4uareo.jpg]

[Image: 2d8jjlv.jpg]

now i want black masks!

Then it will look very much like this

[Image: A08507EB-7A19-4118-B08B-39260F3CE45E-260...1A8DA7.jpg]

Infact the pic angle is very similar too lol
Thanks given by:
Lol yours is cleaner and have black masks...which I WANT! hopefully will look more distinct when its finished though
Thanks given by:
looking real clean...very nice
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha get them in the oven then pal, if you crack on you can have them back on the car tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2013, 02:59 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Haha get them in the oven then pal, if you crack on you can have them back on the car tomorrow!

Need to do mine when weather warms up Smile ill have crystals from dturbo to Big Grin
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a list of stuff to do don't have the time for the masks atm. Had to raise the back end up a bit as it was rubbing. Will be interesting to see how long this beam lasts now...it does have camber and being lowered probs don't help but we'll see haha.

The wheels let it down massively lol. Hate lasers
Thanks given by:
Ah don't worry bout camber, mines got a lot of camber n still drives fine

Looks the part just needs cyclones
Thanks given by:
Bearing on my dturbo had shot and camber one side. Can't even tell tbh!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Been driving it this evening and tbh it doesn't sound as dodgey now but the camber on the left side is epic. Although it still clears the inner arch a fair bit, to the eye it looks worse lol.

il not bother with clones lad think il just wait to get my new wheels, and if all goes to plan they should be awesome
Thanks given by:
cyclones ftw Tongue ive got a black 2.0HDI with cyclones on, low profile tyres but i get wheel wobble at 70+ so im gonna get my other set of cyclones sprayed white and put on, what you reckon lads?

ohhh what you lads done under the bonnet to give you more poke? other than the obvious like remapping etc
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
There's good guides on here for Hdi tuning which has all the info you need in detail
Thanks given by:
picked up a near rear drivers door today, had a dent in mine which someone tried to fix but failed lol.

oil-burner one of my lights has condensation on the inside, could it be saved in the process of doing the masks or am i better just looking for a new headlight?

camber ftw
[Image: jiytsw.jpg]

i need STANCE! oh and it needs a clean
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate, should be fine as long as theres no cracks in it.
Just make sure you whack loads of silicone round it.
Thanks given by:
cheers mate need to get this done makes such a difference. the list just gets bigger and bigger lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,639 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese
  Project OEM Phase 3 GTi6 - Moonstone aircool 2 1,993 14-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: aircool
  Project moonstone... passed MOT!!! :-) kentiiboii 96 41,073 20-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii