2.1 conversion done........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.1 conversion done........
(09-10-2012, 09:24 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: I know of a 306 that was running 12mm head.....

God, don't mention who it was or shares in 12mm pumps will go through the roof overnight haha
Thanks given by:
Plenty of people about running 12mm pumps, not much need on an IDI with hose pipe injectors as stock, can give gains at few rpm areas, but generally just ruin the advance system a bit more / put in rediculasly un-nessercery ammounts of fuel off boost!

Different story with DI and higher injection pressure though, struggle to get decent fuel flow with anything less!

The only reason people wanna know about the turbo is because the picture is just everything an 18g isnt....stock housing, WITH stepdown....18g wheel wouldnt fit inducer wise without the stepdown, let alone with....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice build, looks awesome...

& you say your turbo is off the bug eye Impreza but ts a 15? Mine also came of the bug eye and is a 13t.

Regardless... Nice work..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I'm interested in the OP's answer with regards to the turbo....

Nice work either way, looks very tidy.
Thanks given by:
As Darren said, that's not an 18g....

It's got the stepdown, if it was an 18g they almost have no stepdown whatsoever... And yeah, the 443lbft torque is impossible....

[Image: dsc1682.jpg]

That above is a 15g and you can see the lack of stepdown...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 10:38 AM)Ruan Wrote: As Darren said, that's not an 18g....

It's got the stepdown, if it was an 18g they almost have no stepdown whatsoever... And yeah, the 443lbft torque is impossible....

[Image: dsc1682.jpg]

That above is a 15g and you can see the lack of stepdown...

Oh it was defo a 15 g......And the torque is in Nm SO 330FTLBS and it is correct....as for turbo that is wot I paid for so am making inquires into it.....either way car made 201bhp and 330flbs not many out there and I built it my self with help from a few people...I also have a td05 15g sat here the pic of the other that is posted my compressor wheel is bigger than that...

(09-10-2012, 09:29 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 09:24 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: I know of a 306 that was running 12mm head.....

God, don't mention who it was or shares in 12mm pumps will go through the roof overnight haha

I think you need to check on things before u post????? there are loads of 12mm pumps....also 14mm to...but hey I bet you knew that....

(09-10-2012, 09:16 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Strange....... just looked at newbie thread and im sure you wer in the middle of building a 2.5? We are only curious as manyof us have explored different avenues and possibilities for these cars and not long ago you were asking if a 1.9 gearbox fits a 2.1 now your telling us youve got a 12mm pump IMO unheard of on a 306 application and a turbo thats twice the size of you pic

Of course we are going to question it as many on here are extremely experienced and have awesome knowledge

It just simply doesnt add up... soo can we see this dyno then??

That is wot this form is for to find out things and to aquire help?????Correct....You really need to look before you post cause there are plenty who use 12mm and higher......but no instead you like to instigate shit.......
Thanks given by:
Did you mean to quote me? I can see no relevance to my post in your reply.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure why you're getting defensive as people are sharing their knowledge and opinions, it's not a personal attack on you so no need to be so defensive Smile Craig wasn't instigating shit at all, he is saying that in his experience and research it doesn't look how it is supposed to, why not take the time to explain why you think you're right.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Scott, If you read one of my earlier posts i asked what is a 12mm off as i was interested, and then i went on to say ive never heard of a 12mm on a 306 because i havent tbh as even im not that clued up on these pumps to that extent im only aware of a 11mm.

I can certainly tell a few of us hit a nerve from your reactions, id certainly get in touch with the turbo place you used as a 18g wouldnt fit the TD04 its for a TD05 application only the 19t is the next size from a 15g as far as im aware, ive had this before with a TD04 15g i bought off ebay which turned out to be a 13t so returned it as sold incorrectly and the guy was pissed off cos he got told the same but never got round to fitting it on the Glanza he had.

Dont get your back up so much pal we are just asking stuff. nobodys perfect and we are all still learning hence why when we see such good figuires we are obviously going to question everything possible to find out for ourselves lol

Peace out

CJ Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 02:24 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Cheers Scott, If you read one of my earlier posts i asked what is a 12mm off as i was interested, and then i went on to say ive never heard of a 12mm on a 306 because i havent tbh as even im not that clued up on these pumps to that extent im only aware of a 11mm.

I can certainly tell a few of us hit a nerve from your reactions, id certainly get in touch with the turbo place you used as a 18g wouldnt fit the TD04 its for a TD05 application only the 19t is the next size from a 15g as far as im aware, ive had this before with a TD04 15g i bought off ebay which turned out to be a 13t so returned it as sold incorrectly and the guy was pissed off cos he got told the same but never got round to fitting it on the Glanza he had.

Dont get your back up so much pal we are just asking stuff. nobodys perfect and we are all still learning hence why when we see such good figuires we are obviously going to question everything possible to find out for ourselves lol

Peace out

CJ Smile

There is a td04 18g call cr turbos ask em ?????????????
Thanks given by:
Popcorn

Please, tell us more.

[Image: tumblr_m2l5f4P3Ac1r36a1s.gif]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
here is the td04 18g

(10-10-2012, 02:35 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Popcorn

Please, tell us more.

[Image: tumblr_m2l5f4P3Ac1r36a1s.gif]

WANKER

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
[Image: rkellywtfio8.gif]
Thanks given by:
Well done ive just found the same image on google too on someones myspace images for a bugeye subaru

this isnt your turbo the general upgrade on a subaru bugeye is from the TD04 to a TD05-18G hence why the pic is labelled TD04 to 18g
Thanks given by:
Why are you getting so defensive and being so aggressive with people? Surely you post on a forum, to get comments and have conversation with like minded people... Not jump down everyone's throats. Chill out.

You'll find a lot of knowledge on here, the people posting in this thread know their stuff. Hence why if they see something that seems wrong, they're going to question it. Just try and have some courtesy
Thanks given by:
Linky to your piccy Big Grin

http://www.myspace.com/preracing/photos/3880691
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 02:52 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Linky to your piccy Big Grin

yes i know i was proving a point that it can be done........
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 02:52 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Linky to your piccy Big Grin

[Image: Xfsej.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 02:35 PM)Mountie66 Wrote: WANKER

There's only one wanker in this thread and it's not Ginge.

You want to sort your anger management issues out before you go running your mouth over the internet. Just because you have a nice motor obviously doesn't make you a nice person. I'd rather get a bus than have an attitude like yours.
Thanks given by:
That doesnt prove anything because the power in his dyno sheet prinout on that cant be made on a td04 but can be by a TD05 ive a mate with a bug eye with this upgrade so i know what i mean.

I give up anyway cant be arsed arguing with you... you aint going to make many friends with your attitude anyway good luck

Big Grin

Detective CJ over and out .....
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 02:50 PM)Curt Wrote: Why are you getting so defensive and being so aggressive with people? Surely you post on a forum, to get comments and have conversation with like minded people... Not jump down everyone's throats. Chill out.

You'll find a lot of knowledge on here, the people posting in this thread know their stuff. Hence why if they see something that seems wrong, they're going to question it. Just try and have some courtesy

If it wasn't for D.Lobb posting half of you wouldn't of said nothing....For sum reason you all think he is god?????????? I have news for u...The others who helped build my car and also know what is in it will post soon.....Have also spoke with people who dynoed car and the figures are right even the first one had done without Tacho is correct exceipt the bhp figure might alter by 10 either way but the torque is bang on....

(10-10-2012, 03:00 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: That doesnt prove anything because the power in his dyno sheet prinout on that cant be made on a td04 but can be by a TD05 ive a mate with a bug eye with this upgrade so i know what i mean.

I give up anyway cant be arsed arguing with you... you aint going to make many friends with your attitude anyway good luck

Big Grin CJ that is where my back ground comes from I have raced and rallied them for over 10yrs...up till 2010...I know scoobs in side and out......over and out

Detective CJ over and out .....
Thanks given by:
Mountie; no one is denying your figures; again, read through what people are saying, i don't mean to be a picture posting wanker, but you need to see that it's just questions people are asking and you're snapping.

It's an impressive build, dont get us wrong, but it's the turbo specs which people are interested in.
Thanks given by:
It's got nothing to do with Darren. It's your attitude that's the problem, it needs some serious adjustment or I can see this thread not lasting long.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 03:00 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 02:35 PM)Mountie66 Wrote: WANKER

There's only one wanker in this thread and it's not Ginge.

You want to sort your anger management issues out before you go running your mouth over the internet. Just because you have a nice motor obviously doesn't make you a nice person. I'd rather get a bus than have an attitude like yours.

No need for people to stick there nose in unless there being constructive not distructive.............you are entitled to feel wot u want but no need to post for the sake of posting is there?

(10-10-2012, 03:04 PM)Curt Wrote: It's got nothing to do with Darren. It's your attitude that's the problem, it needs some serious adjustment or I can see this thread not lasting long.

take it off then less hassle as a matter of fact do it thanks

(10-10-2012, 03:02 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Mountie; no one is denying your figures; again, read through what people are saying, i don't mean to be a picture posting wanker, but you need to see that it's just questions people are asking and you're snapping.

It's an impressive build, dont get us wrong, but it's the turbo specs which people are interested in.

I bought turbo and asked for wot I got and I know on a standard td04 I would never get the figures I have....I apoligize for going off but to me it looks like everyone is just taking piss....I have spent over 100 hrs on this not to have piss taken.......
Thanks given by:
can i just say mountie is a very good friend of mine in i helped build and do the conversion. the car is how it has been stated the pump head is a 12mm from a early iveco daily 2.8 ve pump and the turbo is a td04-18g off a buggeye. when it comes to subaru turbos etc u are telling the wrong bloke that you cant get them mountie has had subaru's before and knows them inside and out. dont rip into someones car if u have no idea and havent done it your self.
Thanks given by:
Quote:No need for people to stick there nose in unless there being constructive not distructive.............you are entitled to feel wot u want but no need to post for the sake of posting is there?

But that's the thing people came here taking an intrest in your car, and were having a grown up discussion about your turbo....

Any then you turn round and act like a childish ****.

And as for people sticking there noses in... What did you expect when you post a 306 project on a public 306 forum =\
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Im back before it is removed, as it very nearly did last nigth

No-one sees Darren as a GOD, hes just extremely experienced in these motors just like Ruan, Dave and many others on here in fact.

If anyone is to blame i was the one questioning the turbo in the first place but i couldnt care less what you think anymore after the childish way in which you have spoken to fellow members

At the OC we are like a small family who get on great and help each other as much as possible. no one is being distructive in any form they are just questions which for some reason you struggle to grasp.

and theres certainly no need for calling people names, we aren't in the playground anymore pal

Man up man and just make friends not enemies
Thanks given by:
Well put^

This is just it, no-one "ripped into" the car at all, it was just understandable curiosity that was taken the wrong way. Think you need to take a step back and look at what was actually said, and stop being so sensitive and aggressive with everyone.
Thanks given by:
Make boost , not war xox
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 03:18 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Im back before it is removed, as it very nearly did last nigth

No-one sees Darren as a GOD, hes just extremely experienced in these motors just like Ruan, Dave and many others on here in fact.

If anyone is to blame i was the one questioning the turbo in the first place but i couldnt care less what you think anymore after the childish way in which you have spoken to fellow members

At the OC we are like a small family who get on great and help each other as much as possible. no one is being distructive in any form they are just questions which for some reason you struggle to grasp.

and theres certainly no need for calling people names, we aren't in the playground anymore pal

Man up man and just make friends not enemies

Not trying to make enemies at all far from it......But you where posting adamate that you could not have a 18g in td04....you can Like I said don't post summit unless you have facts...that is my point and wot got my back up......end of apoligize for being like that...end of conversation.....
Thanks given by: