Thanks given by:
got any pics of the conversion?
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
looooool
Thanks given by:
You got any pictures of the dyno graph?

Sounds very good if you got 443lb.ft torque...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 04:54 PM)Ruan Wrote: You got any pictures of the dyno graph?

Sounds very good if you got 443lb.ft torque...

I can do Will have to take pic of it...or wait to see it in Magazine....
Thanks given by:
Also - running without cambelt covers - you're braver than I am!!! I ran without a top pump one for 5,000 miles and the belt had taken a significant beating from stones and little bits....

When does that 18g come on boost around?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
I would be interested to see the graph for this, nice work good results. Any build pics?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you got this up! It's a beast of a 306 looked awesome down MFN. Was nice to meet you dude!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 04:08 PM)Mountie66 Wrote: Pics.....
looks like its a beast.
Thanks given by:
Very good results there matey!! Woukd be nice to see dyno graph too? Im running a 15g most run 13t and i can imagine the 18 wil pull very well Smile crazy torque figuires for one of these, im impressed what size bosch you running? Mods etc?

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 06:26 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Very good results there matey!! Woukd be nice to see dyno graph too? Im running a 15g most run 13t and i can imagine the 18 wil pull very well Smile crazy torque figuires for one of these, im impressed what size bosch you running? Mods etc?

CJ

12mm pump 201bar injectors in line fuel pump....forged internals turbo is a hybrid...Gets full boost by 2000 rpm comes in at 1800....really good...
Thanks given by:
Looks like a pretty clean / well thought out build....

Wasnt this dyno'ed without a tacho tho? Or some kinda issue on the dyno....Or am I thinking of the wrong person...pretty sure im not though... Torque seems VERY high given the output....

Is the gate welded in those photos? Id say you could probs get fair bit more from it if so as the fuel must be pretty lean to be keeping the boost as low as that...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
That's what I was thinking, because unless it made it's FULL torque at 2200rpm and then completely died, it wouldn't make that torque figure? Sure that wasn't NM torque, that'd make a LOT more sense... A WG turbo just can't produce those sorts of torque levels - especially on an XUD head, the poor turbo would surge out of control else!!!
Thanks given by:
Ruan im pretty sure like I said there was an issue with the dyno, hence results really not meaning much...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Saw this at retro rides a bit ago.... Engine was loud....!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 07:54 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Saw this at retro rides a bit ago.... Engine was loud....!

Yeah, sounded like it was running a shitload of advance!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmmmm sorry i dont buy the TD04 '18g' hybrid, the 18g wouldnt fit the TD04 just clicked in my head then, they only turbo the 18g fits is a TD05 !and it would be a hell of a lot bigger than yours pictured, ive looked into these soo much as im currently working out the best combination for a hybrid with local turbo shop . Its certainly something to have full boost by 2k but if what is said is true about tacho not working how do you know this?

Not pissin on your chips but just doesnt add up this tbh, im no expert but thats some serious torque for one of these
Thanks given by:
Turbo looks like a 13t in the photos.....Where did you get the 18g compressor etc?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 08:14 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Turbo looks like a 13t in the photos.....Where did you get the 18g compressor etc?

Just edited my post the 18g wudnt fit the TD04 and that looks exactly like mine but mines a 15g

I apologise i stand corrected there is such thing as a td04-18g but looks nothing like that check linky it would be huge and actuator bolts in front too

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/show...td04/page3
Thanks given by:
Cant see the dyno results mean anything at all really, running with no tacho is really rather pointless as no way to convert the wheel torque into any form of fly hp / torque so all a load of guesswork....as Ruan said, to make 200hp at 400+ ft pounds would simply be impossible, I doubt even a gen3 VNT could do that on an xud let alone a big wg turbo, espically not with an apparent 18g compressor..
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Anyone remember what torque jamma made runnin 209bhp?? And what could you get a 12mm head off ??
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 08:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Hmmmmmmm sorry i dont buy the TD04 '18g' hybrid, the 18g wouldnt fit the TD04 just clicked in my head then, they only turbo the 18g fits is a TD05 !and it would be a hell of a lot bigger than yours pictured, ive looked into these soo much as im currently working out the best combination for a hybrid with local turbo shop . Its certainly something to have full boost by 2k but if what is said is true about tacho not working how do you know this?

Not pissin on your chips but just doesnt add up this tbh, im no expert but thats some serious torque for one of these

I think you need to do research as I had mine built and it is a hybrid.......

(09-10-2012, 08:33 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Cant see the dyno results mean anything at all really, running with no tacho is really rather pointless as no way to convert the wheel torque into any form of fly hp / torque so all a load of guesswork....as Ruan said, to make 200hp at 400+ ft pounds would simply be impossible, I doubt even a gen3 VNT could do that on an xud let alone a big wg turbo, espically not with an apparent 18g compressor..

I am running with tacho
And has been dynoed with tacho since the first time....
Thanks given by:
Put tape measure across that compressor housing inlet with photo taken looking straight in, Just intrested to see whats going on as in the other pictures it honestly appears to be a 13t compressor....We are just interested....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 08:43 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Put tape measure across that compressor housing inlet with photo taken looking straight in, Just intrested to see whats going on as in the other pictures it honestly appears to be a 13t compressor....We are just interested....

It is NOT a 13......it came as a 15 off a bug eye had it rebuilt...at CR Turbos.....Anything else Darren????????????
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2jbqyhd.gif]
Thanks given by:
Strange....... just looked at newbie thread and im sure you wer in the middle of building a 2.5? We are only curious as manyof us have explored different avenues and possibilities for these cars and not long ago you were asking if a 1.9 gearbox fits a 2.1 now your telling us youve got a 12mm pump IMO unheard of on a 306 application and a turbo thats twice the size of you pic

Of course we are going to question it as many on here are extremely experienced and have awesome knowledge

It just simply doesnt add up... soo can we see this dyno then??
Thanks given by:
Cool build. But would like to see the graph as well as mine only produced 220ft-lb at 175bhp on the last dyno before the clutch let go.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I know of a 306 that was running 12mm head.....
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Yeah just found out 12mm heads are popular i didnt know this but turbo is certainly incorrect as iv been looking into this a lot as i was telling 4waydiablo on fb other night Smile
I was thinking this strictly_derv as your figuires popped into my head and youve got a very nice setip there should be fun when a fair few of us have a dyno on saturday Smile
Thanks given by: