Defilter query

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defilter query
Im running my T2 defiltered at the moment, but i've found myself worrying a bit with all the rain we've had. Should i be worried about the amount of standing water on the roads spraying up and getting sucked into the turbo while its on boost? Or am i being paranoid? Huh

Any advice will be appreciated. Cheers guys/gals! Big Grin

Obviously im not deliberately driving through massive puddles, but there have been a lot that i cant avoid.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That wouldn't be a good thing really I run de filtered just avoide puddles or if you can't avoid them go through slow so you dot splash it up
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Personally I would either retro fit an undertray off a hdi or fit the standard inlet pipe back on but hacksaw it off just before the bend near the brake reservoir. Which would just mean the turbo is getting air from the top of the engine bay.
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2012, 08:54 PM)Dan! Wrote: Personally I would either retro fit an undertray off a hdi or fit the standard inlet pipe back on but hacksaw it off just before the bend near the brake reservoir. Which would just mean the turbo is getting air from the top of the engine bay.

Kind of like a snorkel? lol That might be easier to do than retrofitting an undertray. Plus i can do it tomorrow if i have time.
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2012, 08:54 PM)Dan! Wrote: or fit the standard inlet pipe back on but hacksaw it off just before the bend near the brake reservoir. Which would just mean the turbo is getting air from the top of the engine bay.

I installed an elbow up near there for a temp inlet while waiting for some ducting/air filter to arrive and instantly dropped something down it - was a total farce removing it all to avoid a bolt or nut or whatever it was mincing the turbo up.

so do this but add some gauze or something.
Thanks given by:
Pair of tights and an elastic band should cover it, eh? Rofl Nah, I'll just have to see what I can lash up tomorrow if I get the time, gotta lay my mums new laminate floor for her.
Thanks given by:
ways thinking of taking the pipe of and using a motorbike K&N on there but dont know what it might do
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Mtfu and do what I'm doing, running defilter straight off the turbo hahaha, been like it through rain and snow you will be fine just don't go swimming
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
It IS defiltered straight off the turbo, hence the question. Tongue Sounds epic, but id rather not be hoovering up water from the road! lol
Thanks given by:
As I just said, don't take it swimming and you will be fine. I ,managed to run defilter with no arch liners for ages
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Rofl i dont intend to mate, but i might go with the "snorkel" idea for now though, i'd feel a bit less paranoid about it then i think. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
I'm in the same situation hahaha

People who drive behind me must get very confused about my erratic driving, take it down to like 5 mph through a puddle and then booting it every where else!
Thanks given by:
I might have to see about getting another custom sticker made up...."Im not drunk, just defiltered!" lmao
Thanks given by:
If your running de filtered the water is the least of your worries, the stones dust and grit (not to mention small insects) will do far more harm.

By the time water gets to that height at the back of your engine bay it will be at best a fine mist just like a W/M injection kit.
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2012, 11:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: By the time water gets to that height at the back of your engine bay it will be at best a fine mist just like a W/M injection kit.

Thats how i see it tbh! By the time it gets there your only steam cleaning the engine lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
well im sure if your on boost your turbine in turbo will be spinning that quick and just dispurse the water anyway? like said dont go off roading basically and you'll be right mines de-filtered and not gone pop yet
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Can I just point something out here? Rather than worry about it, you could all just lose half a bhp, stick the original inlet back on and not worry about puddles or stones? Makes life on our roads far easier?

Just a thought, commence flaming me.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo query / help 2.1 Cbray2003 6 2,607 04-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Relocation Mani Query silverzx 4 1,631 02-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Lolben91
  XUD cam belt query! silverzx 16 3,471 28-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit