Another dead DT :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dead DT :(
After all the work re building the car, and worrying about the new HG sealing properly, the bottom end has now gone Sad Gutted to say the least, no idea what went wrong, when the new rods went in everything was clean, all torqued up properly, took extra care with the new shells etc. And its got plenty of oil.. Now skint and car-less.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that. Was epic boost involved at the time?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Really sorry to hear this, you've obviously put in a shed load of time and effort in recently just for it to go bang :/
Thanks given by:
what a pain ricky! can you stripp it down again and see? also price a bottom end from a scrappy, mite pick one up cheep?
Thanks given by:
No just cruising home at 60, heard a tapping and thought something was catching the aux belt, pulled into a lay by and it soon turned to a bad knock, turned it off as soon as I could. Smoke pouring from the oil filler hole too. Think earlier it touched 25psi on the td04, but only very briefly.

Might just source a good dhx engine to put in, and find someone who can help!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i think i've got a short block you can have from my cambelt snapped engine. just finding out for ya now. you'll have to come and collect it from thanet though if i still got it

it's gone sorry for getting your hopes up
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Engines are so cheap dude, just drop another lump in.

It sucks though...
Thanks given by:
It's fine, cheers though.

May sell it as a whole to someone who can repair it, too good to scrap. Just looking for a cheap old car to drive for now until I can afford another 306.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
you can get a complete engine for 200. i did a couple of weeks ago
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Fuckk sorry to hear this man, ive had similar spent ages building a block and cam belt snapped after 17miles n chewed everything, you should pick a block up cheap enough, has it any oil left in it? sounds strange just to go though
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know I can get a complete engine easy enough, but I don't have the space or time to do it anymore.

Has loads of oil, but it seems to have died from oil starvation, the amount of smoke coming from the filler tube was crazy, and it smelt like burning. No idea what went wrong but I am gutted.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Why buy another car? Pop down the scrappy and buy a working engine for £100 and just run it stock untill you can afford to swap all your trick bits over

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Because i'm going to scotland in less than a week! Will think about what to do with it once I have a temp car sorted. The wife is well and truly peed off haha i'm not sure if I want to risk spending too much more on it. Shame really, was really fast for all of 4 seconds yesterday morning!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Oil pump failure possibly then gutted for ya pal, see if you can get a running engine and jsut drop the fucker in, n boltd ur bits onto it service should be fine boosting the TD04 on a stock anyway, ive not rebuilt this and its holding 30psi atm
Thanks given by:
Well I don't know what to do yet, got to think of getting a house etc soon so not sure if the wife will be happy if I keep it. Was tempted to keep it and use it as a track/weekend toy but again that's more expense.

If it goes, I will definatly be in a 306 again at some point. I love this car!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Dont get rid youll have to start again pal, stick with it just have to take longer because of money/house issue il be same soon too matey
Thanks given by:
I can't, I live with my mother-in-law and she wants her drive back! I will have another 306 one day.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Well keep the td04 for your next Smile
Thanks given by:
That sucks Ricky! Its always after a lot of work (and expense!) is done for some reason - even more annoying when you see loads of people that don't give a shit about thier cars, dont service them, dont even clean them and they never get any problems! Confused
Thanks given by:
No idea why the oil pump would just go like that though, hope it's nothing I did wrong, did everything by the book, all torqued and all very clean and oiled

And CJ, dare I say it, but I have always fancied a standard '6... So the turbo probably wont be used.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Decided the car is staying Smile Will be off the road for a good few months though Sad
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: