oem+ hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oem+ hdi
Bhp seems low... Danny's old hdi is running 19psi and made 155 iirc.

What map you on?
Thanks given by:
Its a pro Steve map.

Yea I won't take the figure for gospel but my air filters filthy, I need a oil change and I never got the track rods and ends on because I need some cv boots so it ain't gonna wanna sit in a straight line!!

Really that's interesting. What map was he on

[Image: IMG_20130221_110416.jpg]

Good power line too imo and nearer 250lbs than 240

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 11:00 AM)Arron Wrote: Just had it rolled

246lbs/ft
141bhp

Graph to follow... I'm only running 18.4 psi too not 20

That's exactly what mr whippys old stage 2 was running last month
We had 270lbs/ft torque
And 141 bhp

But it's got boost leaks
And a fooked exhaust and induction kit lol
Thanks given by:
My old one was on a Steve map, ran 155bhp and 277 lb/ft with a boost leak and binding caliper
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Strange... a few people don't trust them rollers I've been told. Personally I'd say dyno dynamics are the most true rollers, only paid £20 for 3 runs.. it feels good to drive and there's more to come yet. Can always ask steve to look at the map but I'm happy as a base figure

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
To put into perspective, Tb's map on dumdum/Jonny's estate was a stage 2 and made 163 on 17 psi? Iirc.. There can obviously fair bit of tweaking to be done in the mapping, Steve only usually maps stage 2s up to 155 iirc
Thanks given by:
Yea there's loads of different things to factor in... my tires needed air too. No doubt I'll get it on some different rollers at some point.. it definitely ain't got a boost leak, I've soaped up all the joins and checked.

He had the 1.6 fpr sensor too didn't he....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:

Quick video of launch control.....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
[Image: watch?v=xmaEdmAXHGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]

M

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Minor update really.

Managed to change the oil. used millers xfs fully synthetic 5w 40 and oil filter from pug. And I feel a bit sheepish as a few week ago I changed the throttle cable in the dark, well I pulled the sleeve up where the clip sits on the rubber bung, I checked it on Saturday whilst I was checking fluid levels and it wasn't tight at all so not allowing full travel of the throttle, its set properly now.

Also my centre console is been wrapped in leather and I've sprayed my engine cover Astor grey thanks to alee83 for the paint and prep tips, I'm crap at spraying but this is one of my better efforts. I'll be spraying the HDI letters and badge silver at some point

[Image: IMG_20130304_232108.jpg]

Close to arranging for my back box to be debaffled. I've been told a straight pipe would be better but weld a lil plate in so it isn't stupidly loud on idle hopefully

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Thats alot of torque dude Big Grin its coming together now dude, the only thing id change would have left the alloys silver Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd of left them if they weren't scuffed to death. Looking to get them anthracite in a month or two tho.

So come on dude what's your next car? French? Jap?? !

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Dose it still suffer with the cutting out issues?

Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 09:00 AM)Arron Wrote: I'd of left them if they weren't scuffed to death. Looking to get them anthracite in a month or two tho.

Ahhhh fair point got the choice between a clio 172 or a ep3 type r atm but want the clio more though Smile
Thanks given by:
You painted the engine cover already??
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 09:53 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Dose it still suffer with the cutting out issues?

Na, it hasn't cut for ages now,and its been on rollers

(05-03-2013, 09:56 AM)sam Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 09:00 AM)Arron Wrote: I'd of left them if they weren't scuffed to death. Looking to get them anthracite in a month or two tho.

Ahhhh fair point got the choice between a clio 172 or a ep3 type r atm but want the clio more though Smile

I'd say a Typer, clios are crap! But parts are pricey, and insurance tax and fuel etc is quite steep for a daily.

(05-03-2013, 12:28 PM)Alee83 Wrote: You painted the engine cover already??

I have mate its on, got the primer last night, just needs a bit of g4 and a polish. Thanks for the paint!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I no dude im looking into a berlingo for a dailey at the start of next year Wink
Thanks given by:
Whats the dyno results? some reason i carnt see them not sure why

Thanks given by:
182 is an alright drive, bit numb compared to a 306, but so are all new cars.

I cant see the results either...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 03:46 PM)Poodle Wrote: 182 is an alright drive, bit numb compared to a 306, but so are all new cars.

I cant see the results either...

Ive driven a couple and feels awsome the hamdling is as good as the 306 but idealy I dont want another just yet lol
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 02:26 PM)Arron Wrote: I have mate its on, got the primer last night, just needs a bit of g4 and a polish. Thanks for the paint!

No worries Arron...! Didn't mess about with that did ya?? Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It pulled 141bhp and 250lbs. Its on the graph lads.

Sam drive the typer. If its a toss up between them two then its the typer every time. Its a better car but mods and parts are expensive, lad I know had a hondata k100 ecu and remap put on by tdi north, just shy of 1k!!! And engine mounts are common and not cheap, my 2p anyway.

Yea tony I'm adding a few lil touches to it tonight, paint the badge on it back silver then the HD in moonstone and the I in red, lil touches!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20130314_150858.jpg]

Gutted the silencer... no real noise difference but its definitely more responsive. Also adjusted the waste gate. Its around 21psi now.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Correction
.. 24psi.. anyone else notice auto gauges read out when upside down?

Did wonder as we tugged the gate a fair few threads... next question... is 24 safe?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
If you aren't going to be hitting max boost for prolonged amounts of time i'd say it'll probably be alright, then again it could last 5 miles, really depends on what sort of condition it's in
Thanks given by:
Even if its not safe keep it there cos if it blows up theres an exsuse to get a bigger turbo on there Wink

Thanks given by:
(14-03-2013, 09:51 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Even if its not safe keep it there cos if it blows up theres an exsuse to get a bigger turbo on there Wink

It's not the turbo I'd be worrying about..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Im debating to bring it back down but Please enlighten me Johnny. I know its out of its efficiency range on peak but it drops off quite quickly as the revs build up.

The turbos got a slight whine to it but it goes well. Barely smokes either

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
nice project but for turbo life i'd turn it down to 18-20 psi.

Nice read though and if you want to chat about audio options holla at me
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Yeah deffo turn it down to about 20, i ran mine at 22 for ages then ran into problems, few months latter the turbo was goosed, was blowing oil into the ic pipes and then smoking..
Thanks given by: