MK4 PD130 Whats it Worth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MK4 PD130 Whats it Worth?
(08-09-2012, 04:39 PM)cully Wrote: you will be lucky to get £500
but you wont listen to anyone so just put it on ebay

But I'm getting VERY different replies all over the place! If everyone had said the same thing then I'd have a better idea of what to do, its not that I don't listen, it's that I don't know who to listen to! Confused

I can easy get £500 from breaking, so if you're right, I should do that and scrap whatevers left. But what if you're not right! Undecided
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 04:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I can easy get £500 from breaking, so if you're right, I should do that and scrap whatevers left. But what if you're not right! Undecided

my opinion cars are a dead loss you have got to expect to walk away with nothing!

which is what would happen if you crashed it

you have to make a decision and act along with it right or wrong.
life is full of mistakes from poor decisions you learn from them, which help you make better judged choices for the rest of your life
Thanks given by:
sorry if its been mentioned i haven't read all the thread.

The options i see are.

1. Change the head/engine and sell it on.

2. Put it on ebay with a reserve of the minimum amount you would take take into consideration how much you will get in parts and scrapping the shell ect.

3. Break it and sell the parts.

You could chuck it on ebay and see if it sells as it is if not get the spanners out and get it in bits.
If your not confident
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Give it a viking burial, then just sit back cook some marshmellows and move on

[Image: Viking-funeral-799141.jpg]
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 04:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 04:39 PM)cully Wrote: you will be lucky to get £500
but you wont listen to anyone so just put it on ebay

But I'm getting VERY different replies all over the place! If everyone had said the same thing then I'd have a better idea of what to do, its not that I don't listen, it's that I don't know who to listen to! Confused

Well you won't listen to me, who's bought and sold 20+ cars, my mate who's a VAG technician, or cully who's using some common sense...

Just do what you think is best Tom. Don't ask for advice because you're never happy when people tell you what you don't want to hear.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So we're all agreed it's worth f*ck all as a whole then yes?

In that case I'm gonna ask my Nan nicely if I can borrow her garage for a short while. Break major parts, and scrap the rest. It'll give me something to , hopefully make more money than selling as a whole, and probably learn more about car shiz too.

Does that sound like a sensible idea to the majority of you?
Thanks given by:
Definitely, you won't get a grand for it as a whole but knowing first hand the cost of VAG parts you'll get that easy in parts, probably a lot more.
Thanks given by:
Research the bits your going to sell on ebay/forums etc just to give a rough idea of prices and what parts are worth the big bucks.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 01:30 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Definitely, you won't get a grand for it as a whole but knowing first hand the cost of VAG parts you'll get that easy in parts, probably a lot more.

Right, now we're getting somewhere! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 04:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 01:30 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Definitely, you won't get a grand for it as a whole but knowing first hand the cost of VAG parts you'll get that easy in parts, probably a lot more.

Right, now we're getting somewhere! Big Grin

I said break it on the last page Tommo Wink
Thanks given by:
Definitely research prices first. you really wont realise how much you can loose breaking a car till you do!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
true that. mainly patience and sanity.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sanitys already long gone mate! Tongue

I have plenty of car patience......kinda.

If the cars worth 800 quid max then I don't think I can lose out by breaking it tbh.
Thanks given by:
hurry up and break it already
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
It's already started , wheels are swapped, towbars off..... Tongue

Gotta get it somewhere with some space now though!
Thanks given by:
Liam, I saw this and thought of you..........you might wanna sit down, yes that really is the price it's up for! Confused Tongue

http://www.astonscarsales.co.uk/CarDetai...id=171&s=1
Thanks given by:
How f*cking much?!?!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 12:13 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: How f*cking much?!?!

It's not even 'that' tidy in the flesh tbh. Doesn't look any different bodyworkwise or interiorwise to mine! (Mines had various parts sprayed though lol Tongue ) Had a quick look at it while I was at that dealer, I know its got reasonably low milage but that price really is ridiculous lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats it worth - Phase 2 GTi son of a beesting 8 2,238 17-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Whats it worth!! 106 xsi rep 1.5d Chris_90 12 4,295 19-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Whats it worth??? 1996 d turbo TD04'ed FMIC'ed Chris_90 22 6,891 31-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Chris_90