MK4 PD130 Whats it Worth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MK4 PD130 Whats it Worth?
Ok I'm not expecting any of you to want it but how much do you reckon its worth, both as a whole, and just breaking major parts. Main SPEC is below. Obviously you all know the came are f*cked lol.

Anyway, SPEC of the golf:

52 plate
5 door
Indigo blue
PD130 GT TDi 6 speed
135k miles
Cruise control
Climate control
ESP
Driver info system with mpg readout
Blue tinted mirror glass
Blue centre sports seats
Arm rest
Motreal 2 alloys - not brilliant tyres
2nd set of vw alloys (maybe beetle ones) - almost new tyres
Alpine audio upgrade, mids, tweeters and crosdovers (200 quid to the previous owner!)
Removable towbar
Kenwood headunit
Aero wipers all round
Full VW service history on longlife variable. Until myself, do my.own servicing but with genuine parts.
Beeping locks and London locking - possibly aftermarket alarm.
Dubgen sticker!
Brakes only around 6 months old
Most of a tank of diesel

Engine mods:

Turborevs uprated SMIC
DIY intercooler piping, silicone and alloy
PD150 recond turbo (cost the best part of 400 quid just 2 months ago)
Decat
Allard EGR delete
1.8t pancake pipe
Blacksmoke.co.uk 180bhp remap

All mods done by myself.

No tax as I'm sorning it. MOT is only a month or two.

People keep asking what I want for it and I honestly don't know what to ask......any idea?

Tom
Thanks given by:
50p and a mars bar?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
a grand? i dunno... the whole f*cked engine thing lets it down a bit...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
It's not the whole engine that's f*cked lol, just the top half of it. Tongue

But it must be worth more than a grand surely?

Say someone buys it for a grand, then fixs it for 500 (its gonna be a mechanic that buys it tbh).....you try finding a similar pd130 for 1500 quid, just doesn't happen lol.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 06:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: It's not the whole engine that's f*cked lol, just the top half of it. Tongue

But it must be worth more than a grand surely?

the whole engine is f*cked!
its all full of swarf it will need to be stripped down checked and rebuilt
probably somewhere around £1000 engine build

the car is only worth scrap value
unless you can find a sucker on egay
Thanks given by:
It isn't though...according to the VAG mechanics on DubGen its not too bigger job if you know what you're doing, literally new cams, lifters, cambelt change and an engine flush. Probably £400-£500 in parts to the trade.

If you really think the whole car is only worth scrap then I could break it instead, don't forget it isn't a pov spec 306 LX lol, theres plenty of saleable parts on it:

Turbo - Was £400 a few months back, must be worth at least £200 now? (I sold the broken one spares and repair for £100, never underestimate VAG tax!)
Decat - £50?
Allard EGR delete - £30?
SMIC inc DIY piping - £120?
Beetle wheels (I think) with 7mm tread all round - £150?
Montreal 2s (GTi wheels) with worse, but legal tyres and brand new centre caps - £150?
Audio - Alpine components - £50?
Headlights, with fogs, and all bulbs - £50?
Removeable towbar - £100?
GTi rear lights (red black black red) - £40 all 3, yes 3. Tongue
PiperX replacement air filter - £15?
Front and rear bumpers - must be £50 each at least?
Heated, leccy mirrors with blue tinted glass - £30 the pair?
130TDi armrest (only standard on 130 models) with centre dash so it fits right - £20?
GTi seats, good condition, barely any wear at all - £50?
4 fully secured standard carpet mats - £20?

I mean I've guessed fairly low prices there, some might be too high but I'd say they're all reasonable, and that comes to £1125 without any hassle really....surely the car must be worth more than that as a whole?
Thanks given by:
well i guess your best option would be to break it then
as I'm sure you haven't got the Money,knowledge,tools or confidence to rebuild the top-end and sell it
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 07:53 AM)cully Wrote: well i guess your best option would be to break it then
as I'm sure you haven't got the Money,knowledge,tools or confidence to rebuild the top-end and sell it

No I certainly don't, I'm not even gonna attempt it.

But I've had a few offers on DubGen of selling the car as a whole (all 3 are mechanics) but they won't make an offer until I say a price, think is I don't know what to ask at all. I'd have thought as a whole (minus the towbar incase I buy an A3 or octy, it fits all those) and minus my GTi wheels, it must still be worth £1500 surely?
Thanks given by:
no mot or tax a garage wont pay more than £200 as they are looking at making money on it
they wont buy it for lols!

also remember the 05 307 sold on here for £1000 with a blown engine, your messed around with golf will get a lot less
Thanks given by:
Its not a garage, the guys are young tech's at a garage afaik, only met two of them at meets, I believe they'll fix it up in their spare time.

But if thats all they offer then really the options are to break it or stick it on ebay spares and repair......hmmmm.
Thanks given by:
Thing is Tom, look at it from their point of view. Would you pay upward of £1500 for a car that hopefully just needs £500 of top end rebuild.. & then it may be ok?

It's a big risk for anyone, but £1500 isn't pocket money...
Thanks given by:
£300 for a new engine delivered i know what id do

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AQM-VW-GOLF-MK...4d02336fbc
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 08:12 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Thing is Tom, look at it from their point of view. Would you pay upward of £1500 for a car that hopefully just needs £500 of top end rebuild.. & then it may be ok?

It's a big risk for anyone, but £1500 isn't pocket money...

You never get anywhere without taking risks......so Im told anyway lol.

I do totally see your and Cullys point, but if they're only willing to pay scrap value.....whats the incentive for me not to just scrap it?

Thats COMPLETELY the wrong engine Cully...its not even PD! Tongue

Its a 60bhp SDI lol, not a simple change at all!
Thanks given by:
ah well its a pug forum and you want pd advice your bound to get shit info

ROFL!
Thanks given by:
Just get another head for it. Will cost less than £500 to fix your self then sell it for ~£2k.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 08:21 AM)306carter Wrote: Just get another head for it. Will cost less than £500 to fix your self then sell it for ~£2k.

Why wouldn't I just break it then? Reckon I could get £1500 on it eventually anyway. Plus I dont have £500 to waste on it tbh.

(08-09-2012, 08:19 AM)cully Wrote: ah well its a pug forum and you want pd advice your bound to get shit info

ROFL!

Hahaha, yeah I know it's like asking about a HDi on DubGen lol. Tongue

But yeah, NEVER buy an SDI, literally the slowest thing ever in a mk4! Even a 1.4 is quicker I think lol.
Thanks given by:
Imo break it, seems like the best bet of getting the most pennies for you're car
Thanks given by:
I think I'm gonna have to agree with you there Striker'.

Will just await replies over on the VAG forum, and if it turns out tbreaking is the best option then thats what'll happen....might have to ask my Nan really nicely if I can borrow her garage lol.
Thanks given by:
id say fix it and sell it.

tell the guys you want £1600 and see what they say because they will knock you down a bit
Thanks given by:
You won't get a grand for it Tom, fact. Needs a full rebuild really, and it's barely worth 2 grand in fully working condition with a fresh MOT which it doesn't have. As you've been told many times, mods and so called "180bhp" remaps mean f*ck all for value. Not trying to be harsh, trying to tell the truth. I'd break it myself, or a mate of mine who works on these for a living says he could probably give £800.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 09:56 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'd break it myself

He already did lol

As said, worth f*ck all, sell the parts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you reckon you can get 1500 breaking it, and have the time, space and energy, then do that. Cars are normally worth more in bits/scrap than they are whole
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 09:56 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: You won't get a grand for it Tom, fact. Needs a full rebuild really, and it's barely worth 2 grand in fully working condition with a fresh MOT which it doesn't have. As you've been told many times, mods and so called "180bhp" remaps mean f*ck all for value. Not trying to be harsh, trying to tell the truth. I'd break it myself, or a mate of mine who works on these for a living says he could probably give £800.

You forget how cheap stuff is up North I think....down here for a decent PD Golf you're looking well over £2k in good condition even as standard.

This one is one of the mods from the DubGen forum, he's made his mods aesthetically where mine are for power, but apart from that its pretty much the same, same age (almost), same miles, same optional extras....and with an asking price like that he's gotta be expecting £3.5k.

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/class...ica/696083

Even this one thats older, higher miles, tatty outside, undesirable 115 engine and with a blown headgasket is up for a grand lol!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-VW-VOLKSW...43b338ed03

In good condition I would've expected ~£2.5k really, thats the average of what I was told its worth on various Dub forums, oh and I would've stuck an MOT on it, not really any reason it should fail, except a split cv boot i think, hardly a big job.

Looks like I will break it.....I've got plenty of time atm, its just finding space that will be the difficult part.
Thanks given by:
Put it this way. My mate worked it out like this, £800 for the car, and he put the rebuild cost at £700, and budgeted at least £100 for an MOT, then a sale price of £2000. Assuming nothing goes wrong during the rebuild, the MOT is easy and cheap and there's no other faults you haven't mentioned, after the cost of a trip to you to get it he'll make £300 for a weeks work...

I said he was mad at £800, but he's an Audi tech and knows these cars well so he probably knows better than me. Personally, I'm with cully on this...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
If he's only asking £2k for it after a full rebuild (for £700 I'll assume he's doing the lot) with a years MOT of course he'll not make much (although £300 for a week doesn't sound bad if he's doing it on the side!). But if thats all theyre worth up there then fair enough.

I don't think it's worth his drive over here to get in all honesty, but to someone local theres a huge profit in it at a grand imo.
Thanks given by:
In my opinion, you should break it like you say its a high spec model lots of bits to sell, i know you have money spare to buy a car for now so thats best bet.. If you had no money and needed a car then you'd just go quickest but break it is the best option for you..

But that gets you thinking if its f*cked and your taking it apart anyway, why not find a guide and attempt to take the head off? (You got nothing to lose) If you get the head off surely you might think hang on i could fix this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Audi-Scoda-..._565wt_932
Buy that.

You can sell things like injectors would only end up costing you like 200quid.. These PD injectors are stupid money :/
Thanks given by:
Thing is mate, I've thrown enough money at the car now....I can scrape together a grand for another car now I've checked bank accounts, but thats literally it, no more money to throw at shitty expensive Golfs.

Plus, I wouldn't buy a USED head for that much money anyway, especially off a 2002 model as they're the ones prone to the chocolate cam (wish I'd known before lol).

Now the problem is space, might ask my Nan if she'd keep parts in her garage for me.

The other problem is I've become attached to it. I know its only a lump of old German metal.....which was actually made mostly in Italy if you look at the makers stamps on things lol, no wonder they break!.....but I looked at it earlier in the hope to swap wheels and get the towbar off........and I've kinda got attached to it. Sad But needs must, so onwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I really think breaking it is the wrong way to go (from experience) its a lot of work & once the shiney bits sell you will be left with all the shit bits that every mk4 has left on it at the breakers.

If you can get a grand for it I would take it & cut your losses

Just my 2p....
Thanks given by:
Why are decisions so f*cking difficult lol. When I think I've made my mind up aswell! Undecided

Surely if I could get a grand breaking the major parts as listed above I could just scrap the rest??

I don't know now. Confused
Thanks given by:
you will be lucky to get £500
but you wont listen to anyone so just put it on ebay
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats it worth - Phase 2 GTi son of a beesting 8 2,238 17-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Whats it worth!! 106 xsi rep 1.5d Chris_90 12 4,295 19-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Whats it worth??? 1996 d turbo TD04'ed FMIC'ed Chris_90 22 6,891 31-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Chris_90