306 1.9TD stage1 tune help.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 1.9TD stage1 tune help.
Hi all.

New to the site so please be gentle.

I'm all set for the 1st steps with a stage 1 tune.
I've seen the videos on YouTube and read some top guides on this site and others. I think I'll be ok with it but I have a few questions...

I have my boost gauge but I'm not sure which is the best route into the cabin for the pipe? (A pillar/o/s dash location for gauge)

Also how many degree turn for the max fuel? I'm going down the JP guide route of boost compensator right down because I don't want any smoke and a bigger turn of max fuel. But how big is big enough? My car is in good shape and only 67k so I think it's upto it. I've got a Lucas pump with the cap still inplace but not sure of the turbo til I get under there.
What do you think guys?
Thanks given by:
Start with half a turn on the max fuel? If this is the first time your doing it your almost garunteed to have to open it and adjust after so you could get away with any sort of turn really.. Half turn whole turn.. experiment Smile
Thanks given by:
Well as many people are going to tell you get a bosch lol, but i ran a lucas for a good while and i found putting a few mm of spacers on the spring in the boost compensator and a stronger spring held the smoke off a tad but tbh you have no control on the smoke like you do with a bosch.

So just be prepared to wash the car often Smile

And really when i ran the lucas i just wound the max fuel to full, a general way from standard id say is half a turn or full turn and get a Manual Boost Controller off ebay like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-MANU...336abf5216

Then weather you have a KKK K14 which is the more common i think jack up take drivers wheel off you should see what looks like a bell housing you want to slacken 8mm nut off and then use allen key to screw in make sure allen key is a good fit as you dont want to round it off, soak in wd40 to help if first time Smile

Also one that not many people mention, if you look at throttle arm there is an arm that clips onto it which usually has a blue plastic sleeve to stop tampering pull this off and cut sleeve off and shorten it but a turn or so and see what you think i generally found it to pick up a tad quicker

Hope this helps a bit

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Couldn't be bothered to read the replies so apologies if its already there. There is a small hole by the brake servo just off to the right and slightly down it comes out by the pedals and is a good way to get it inside however mine is routed through the wing and into the cabin via the a pillar route
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If your car has AC, you could use the leak off bung in the passenger footwell - all my wires and everything routed through here...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 01:38 PM)Dave Wrote: If your car has AC, you could use the leak off bung in the passenger footwell - all my wires and everything routed through here...
Where is the leak off bung exactly? fed up of my boost gauge pipe getting kinked all the time! Sad
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smokey pug & "clean tune" power? nick000 13 3,506 17-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Last Post: nick000
  lucas pump tune willJspears 10 2,485 21-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: willJspears
  1.9 dturbo stage 1 tune willJspears 36 7,311 17-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Last Post: willJspears