Coppers in Lincolnshire!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppers in Lincolnshire!
Errr actually technically any pressed plates in this country on a uk registered car are illegal. BS says they have to be plastic.

Sorry Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No it doesn't...Just a suitable reflective material as stated in BSAU145D. I knew I was right so read up on it afterwards and printed the info off to keep in the car if he decided to pull me again.
Thanks given by:
Ha reminds me of the times I've been pulled. Used to drive like a fanny and god knows how I've got a clean license.

Driving my 106 back to Edinburgh and pulled out of southwaite services. Police 5series coming off the motorway clocks me and follows me up the slip road so I sit at 70 patiently waiting to be pulled, nothing. Build up speed again to, erm, 90? And all of a sudden blue lights in my mirror. They pulled me because I reported my plates stolen a week earlier so were checking my car was legitimate, somehow overlooked the minor speeding offence!

Or the time I got pulled in glasgow just after painting the gti. Tried desperately to do me as the colour had changed and the dvla hadn't updated their details. Told them I'd sent the V5 away for amendment and one of them got out the van and phoned for advice, the missus heard him from the car asking if any offences had been committed?! Isnt that his job to know?

Got back in the van and they said they were giving me the benefit of the doubt but if I were to be seen in Glasgow after that without the updated documents I'd be arrested. Wtf? Let off because no offence had been committed, yet warned id be arrested for the same thing a week later?

Besides, dvla advise up to 6 weeks for changes to take place. What are you supposed to do? Not drive for 6 weeks..?

Plenty of comedy moments tbh, including when me and a pal dressed up as chavs for shits and giggles on a saturday night, got pulled and tried our hardest to explain WHY we were dressed like that at 3am in the 106 lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
these stories make for a good read! Yeh i once heard that it always helps if you get out of your car WITH YOUR KEYS as soon as you get stopped. Its a big confidence boost being out of the car as you are at eye level with the police instead of them being above you and in your window! Also by taking your keys it ensures that they cant just take them off you willy nilly! helps in my mind.

As some of the others on here i believe in the treat others how you would want to be treated. In fact i think in most situations im up and out of my car and in their window before they even get out of the car! Gets them thinking fast haha
Thanks given by:
Another time I was pulled in Nottingham I was going along Canal Street I'd been to the Asda at West Bridgford, I had my mate and my mum in the car as well as my dog baring in mind that the road is a 30 speed limit I had only just passed my test so I was obviously keen on keeping it free of any *MINOR INFRACTIONS* or points so i am sticking to the speed limit. A cop car spotted it baring in mind it was a Rover 416 so hardly something anybody would want to nick. He follows me for a mile or so and bang bluey's go on behind me I pulled over to be met with the Police's standard greeting "Do you know why I've stopped you sir?" at this time I wasn't bald so it wasn't that..."No officer I haven't a clue" the copper's response was f*cking astounding: "You're acting suspiciously and this is the reason I have stopped you" when asked why I was acting suspiciously he said "You're doing 30mph!"

Right...I didn't realise the law had changed for this road officer only I've been following the posted speed limit on this road as indicated on that post over there!

"Well the reason being is taxi's and certain other traffic usually travels at 40mph and above on this road have you had a drink"

So I was stopped for doing the correct speed limit on that road, breathalysed, all the usual checks performed etc because I'm behaving I says surely if the posted speed limit and taxis etc are doing 40 then it is THEM you should be stopping he told me to keep my nose clean and go home.

But as for bald head, built like a brick shithouse and inked yes I am and yes I am labelled because of it the police are going to have a dicky fit when they realise that a tattoo isn't on my record Tongue

Next one will be a barcode, proper Hitman style as my interpretation of being labelled with a dual meaning...The barcode will be from a Canesten thrush remedy wrapper because I can be an irritating lady garden at times!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 03:24 AM)InkedMuttley Wrote: The barcode will be from a Canesten thrush remedy wrapper because I can be an irritating lady garden at times!

lmao
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coppers and why I dislike them immensely! InkedMuttley 95 33,544 30-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Scott