Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State"
sams going to wan't his car back just after you've fixed all the issues Tom Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's fine with me, means I can get another one to start fixing! Big Grin. Only problem is it'll be my own money next time. Sad
Thanks given by:
Deffo going to be a 306 then Wink
Thanks given by:
Of course. ninja
Thanks given by:
Sooo, turn's out the MAFs knackered, driving around without it atm and noticed a definite improvement with the added bonus of almost no smoke!

Also added some fuel magnets and an ebay supercharger ninja and I must say the power is now more like it shoulda left the factory! Still not as quick as the Golf was as standard but definitely 'enough' power there to live with now - problem is now it needs bigger brakes lol....and i'm gonna scrub out the toyos pretty quick with no traction control. Tongue But no seriously, its live-with-able now. I'm sure Sam will be impressed with it as it feels about the same as his 1.8 now. Smile

And threads without pics are boring so heres a couple...looking a bit dirty unfortunately!!

[Image: 306andgolfbreaking035.jpg]

[Image: 306andgolfbreaking036.jpg]

And you know its been a good drive when the boot ends up looking like this... lol

[Image: 306andgolfbreaking032.jpg]
Thanks given by:
great stuff and especially if you think its just as quick as the 1.8! Cant wait to get my hands into this and i might actually be able to park this properly seeing as ill be able to get it onto pavements on my street! Tongue

plans are for gti6 brakes, grooved discs, boost gauge, colourcoded dash. Maybe ill get it lowered but havent decided on springs or coilies! might as well give the cheap coilies a go! Then eventually FMIC Tongue
Thanks given by:
Pavements? You can get over entire mountains in it... lol Does need a drop tbh, no idea why the fronts so high as standard, think I'd just go for 40mm front and std rear if it was mine.

And plans sound good. Wink
Thanks given by:
Looking much tidier, fair play Tom. Front bumper needs rehanging though for a start!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Lol, I'm well aware of the bumper lol....and that's the good side! lol it needs a new fog though so might as well wait till that gets changed and level up the bumper at the same time. Smile
Thanks given by:
I have some apex 40mm springs in my garage.. Wink
Thanks given by:
Got a massive issue with the diablo now.......theres a f*cking enormous spider in it (living bwetween the headlining and roof I think) and everytime I stop to get rid of it the bloody thing hides again! Confused Undecided

Wondered where the massive webs were coming from! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
lol i bet the golf would never have that problem, right?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 05:34 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: lol i bet the golf would never have that problem, right?

Wrong, spent ages trying to get rid of one from there too! I think its the same one tbh, all those Golf parts I moved about in the estte, it probably came out of them! Confused
Thanks given by:
Towbar wiring is all correct. Big Grin

Trailer looks a little small against an estate though! lol

[Image: ChinaestateAngels112.jpg]

China doesn't have a towbar though...there might be an issue there! Sad
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 05:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: China doesn't have a towbar though...there might be an issue there! Sad

Not really - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-es...a7c&_uhb=1
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
That looks like it's missing most of the securing parts. :S
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
And half the wiring....

I'd prefer a detachable like I had on the golf but they don't seem ti sell any. Undecided then again, they'd probably be too expensive anyway.
Thanks given by:
http://www.towbars2u.co.uk

These guys were good, if you're only using it for that little trailer, then budget all the way!

And just get some wiring from a scrappy or even new stuff isnt too expensive!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puglove's onxy 'state, bye bye puglove 299 111,621 24-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  The State maxlee 23 4,855 27-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: procta
  Toms306s Project - Fodge! Toms306 385 98,765 27-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Toms306