My stage 2 HDi project (Dyno results inside!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stage 2 HDi project (Dyno results inside!)
Okay so here we have my HDi project, I'll keep adding to this as bits and bobs will be copied and pasted from another forum but bear with me!

So here we have 1 bog standard HDi (or at least i thought it was, turned out they forgot to mention it had a apex suspension kit on the front, not that i was complaining!)

[Image: 2581.jpg]

[Image: 000_0002.jpg]

[Image: 258.jpg]

Then i got a little bored and this happened

[Image: newalloys2.jpg]

[Image: newalloys3.jpg]

[Image: newalloys4.jpg]

Then a few weeks later i got some smoked lights and decided to have a photo shoot with my friend sean

[Image: blz.jpg]

[Image: Copyofcdf.jpg]

[Image: fsg.jpg]

[Image: jnl.jpg]

[Image: sd.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1078.jpg]

[Image: bld.jpg]

[Image: blds.jpg]

[Image: bklsd.jpg]

And then got round to sorting my dodgy exhaust out Smile

[Image: SAM_1200.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1202.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1201.jpg]

Here's a quick clip of how it sounded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nFiqM8ZEr8

But then i got bored and nothing happened for a while... until i saw these on eBay..and decided to buy them

[Image: IMAG0001.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0002.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0003.jpg]

And inbetween buying the shocks and getting the MOT sorted these babies ended up on the car as i got bored of the 16's.. (sorry for the crappy pic!)

[Image: IMAG0006.jpg]

So i got some better pics of it when we had a little meet at my home town

[Image: IMAG0025.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0026.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0027.jpg]

And had an idea of doing something along these lines.. (it may still happen)

[Image: IMAG0027copy.jpg]

Time for my attempt at some artistic pics

[Image: IMAG0375.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0374.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0372.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0371.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0364.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0350.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0378.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0089.jpg]

[Image: 294088_2419409053098_1487566759_2834065_...4517_n.jpg]

And after around a year and a half of umming and arring of whether i should do the FMIC or not..

[Image: IMAG0403.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0407.jpg]

and a pic of my turbo with a boost leak i never knew about! (It's a KO3 btw)

[Image: IMAG0409.jpg]

And then look what happened..

[Image: CheddarFMICOct11001.jpg]

[Image: CheddarFMICOct11002.jpg]

[Image: CheddarFMICOct11003.jpg]

[Image: CheddarFMICOct11004.jpg]

[Image: CheddarFMICOct11005.jpg]

[Image: c123842a-917a-6e34.jpg]

Many thanks to everyone who helped me out!

And a quick video of how she went as soon as it was fitted.. only boosting 11psi here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssBLjhvvh4

And some more pics i found from fitting my FMIC..

[Image: SAM_1664.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1665.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1666.jpg]

My dead dirty inlet mani :O

[Image: SAM_1671.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1670.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1684.jpg]

And the pretty standard looking engine bay Smile

[Image: SAM_1694.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1697.jpg]

And the latest picture i probably have with my friends 270bhp GT-Four

[Image: 381381_10150538666979465_702004464_11677...9233_n.jpg]

Also got my stage 2 map and put that on a few weeks ago, played with the boost and now it's around 19psi and estimated 145bhp and 240lb/ft on a limited torque map but i will be speaking to TB and hopefully when money allows to get a better map as this one is far too smokey for my liking..

That's it for now folkes, thanks for reading!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got some video's on saturday night so will get them on here soon, she seems to go quite well from the vids!
Thanks given by:
Speedlines are going and a set of white clones' are going on... pics to follow once i've picked them up.
Thanks given by:
Cars getting a few christmas presents this year.. HID's with H7R bulbs in 6000k.. White sidelight LED bulbs and new drop links, should get some new decent pics once its done
Thanks given by:
EPIC DELIVERY FREE FTW!!!!!! hids and drop links came today xD only ordered yesterday!
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Looks good
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate Smile Got a few nice pics from up there as well but need to get the mrs to upload them
Thanks given by:
Few pics from on top of the mountain last night Smile

[Image: IMAG0496.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0495.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0494.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0493.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0492.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0491.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0500.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0499.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0498.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0497.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well update time, Haven't got any pics as there's not really any point..

Got the decat done FINALLY and had a brake fluid change which was well overdue! Snapped one of the bleed nipples on the rear caliper though Sad Luckily i think that caliper needs replacing anyway so not all bad..

Will try and get a video of how the car sounds now cos i think it sounds sweet Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good work so far mate! Didnt sound too bad the other night, nothing like a 1.4 running a 4-2-1 though! Haha. Think it needs to go lower and will look lovely on white clones! Whats next?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some tame driving there Danny..

Thats certainly not the mendips! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate! It seems to have gotten louder lol, think the backbox is settling in again, sounds much much better at full chat in 3rd, i'll take you for a spin when your next about Smile haha yours don't sound half bad!

It will be going lower when dolla allows lol.. planning on getting some gaz coilies to match my rear adjustables, dropping the back in feb hopefully..

Whats next? Well... i've been thinking a lot about big turbo's, VNT and paddle clutches.. we'll see where it goes though Wink Although a 320D VNT with a nice clutch to hold the power would be awesome

Ha ha.. i don't like to push it up there mate.. the video doesn't really show how big of a drop it is!! Black mountains in wales btw.. about 250ft+ drop at the lowest point and easy 500ft drop on the other side of it lol
Thanks given by:
Looks epic! Will try and remember to get someone to film the lakes run...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's proper awesome up there mate! All national limit too, the back roads after are just as awesome too I need to get some better brakes for next time
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers! Ye mate that would be cool, would get to see what all this diesel and turbo stuff is all about haha. I should be buying some of the gaz rear shocks also! They any good?
Thanks given by:
I have to say mate they are totally worth the money, so epic once you get them set up just how you like! I tweaked mine up the other day to make them a bit stiffer.

Boost is the way forward mate Wink It really doesn't feel like a diesel any more
Thanks given by:
Awesome! Well I will order them in a couple of weeks as I am going to lower the back some more so may aswell swap them over at the same time!
Thanks given by:
Yeah really worth it mate, i'll hopefully be getting mine nice and low when i've got a bit more cash to splash, would love to get some gaz coilovers too
Thanks given by:
I dont mind doing it if mine goes ok! Ive done one before, but want to practice on mine again! Haha. I only have cheapo coilovers at the moment, but am buying some stiffer shorter springs for them so I can drop the front even more!
Thanks given by:
Let me know how it goes mate Smile

I've got Apex 40mm drop shocks and springs on the front atm, seems to handle well for what it is tbh just needs some lows and still need to fit my drop links!
Thanks given by:
Ye i will do! A guy off club 306 is giving me his slide hammer, axle stands and tools I need so that I can do lowering as he doesnt want to anymore! Haha.

Mine handles well to be fair, but since putting my steels back on with balloon tyres it does roll abit haha.
Thanks given by:
Ahh fair enough mate, seriously hoping my beam isn't seized...

It looked good tbh! Need to get some rude dished rims on it though Wink
Thanks given by:
Ye should be getting the money from selling my alloys next month which will fund my banded steels! 9j rears, 8j fronts FTW! On 14" steels so it will be pretty low!
Thanks given by:
Fair enough mate, what colour they going? i think white would look sweet, white and china seem to go well together Smile
Thanks given by:
Im really not a fan of white wheels unfortunately. I was thinking black centres with china blue dishes. Or I may go for some random colour like lime green? Hahaha.
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. i think something to break up the colour would look good.. Something like a bright purple or a kawasaki ninja green?
Thanks given by:
Ye something like that! May get someone to do me some photoshops! Want it to stand out!
Thanks given by:
If you want it to stand out some luminous glow in the dark pink paint would look sick.. i've seen it done a couple of times and its nuts
Thanks given by:
I did think a pink would look good! But dont want to make it look tacky. Plus the company who are banding my steels are also powdercoating for £100 whis is a bargain! But have to pick a colour they have for now.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 67,779 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,724 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  306 2.1td inside [[[portuguese project]]] fabiosilva16 47 27,263 30-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jonas306