• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with buying a tdubby
Will 99% have a Lucas unless the owner has changed it
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I will have a Bosch pump for sale soon :whistling:
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah that will be a Lucas pump . . . . .also for your information i "stage 1'd" my XUD and it made 134bhp on the rollers recently . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:yeah that will be a Lucas pump . . . . .also for your information i "stage 1'd" my XUD and it made 134bhp on the rollers recently . .Wink
On a k14 @24 psi that's impressive! Nice one :-)
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:yeah that will be a Lucas pump . . . . .also for your information i "stage 1'd" my XUD and it made 134bhp on the rollers recently . .Wink
On a k14 @24 psi that's impressive! Nice one :-)
bit more work to do, i think i can get her close to 150 on a top mount, any more may be pushing it i reckon . .Big Grin

people make a lot of T2's, having had both i can say they're both decent turbos .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
From what I've heard and seen the k14 does seem to shit itself a little earlier than a t2, so what you planning on doing to get to 150 on a tmic? Suppose you'll have to watch temps if your keeping the tmic
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:From what I've heard and seen the k14 does seem to shit itself a little earlier than a t2, so what you planning on doing to get to 150 on a tmic? Suppose you'll have to watch temps if your keeping the tmic
it's magic . . .lol . . . . . . . seriously though pump isn't even gov modded yet, gov mod+more psi's+more fuel+more air should=close to 150 i believe . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Won't be far off I'd expect! Might worry about charge temps though
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Won't be far off I'd expect! Might worry about charge temps though
yeah, just try to not drive like a complete tool innit . .Big Grin . . . . .tbf when you boot it up a hill now temp gauge goes up pretty quick, i have a Nissans rad on there too, always try and keep the smoke to a minimum though, it's a nice lean mix . . .fmic may be on the cards at some point . .

soz for the highjack Kingy . . . gives you an idea of what you can get though . . . .i run on veg mostly too, 100% sunflower for the last few weeks . .Smile
Thanks given by:
If you're looking at uber cheap motoring then a Dturbo will probably be the way to go mate, 'cheap' HDi's are normally cheap for a reason
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Another vote for XUD...

Plus a ninja big blower!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 08:43 AM)Toxic-Jake Wrote: Another vote for XUD...

Plus a ninja big blower!

How do you get away with bigger turbos and intercoolers on insurance though...? Sad

I know its not a problem for kingy (no offence intended lol, we all know you're at the cheap insurance stage Big Grin ) but its a problem I seem to be having!! Next car I get will have to be standard from the looks of it.... Sad
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 08:46 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

Plus a ninja big blower!

How do you get away with bigger turbos and intercoolers on insurance though...? Sad

I know its not a problem for kingy (no offence intended lol, we all know you're at the cheap insurance stage Big Grin ) but its a problem I seem to be having!! Next car I get will have to be standard from the looks of it.... Sad

I'm still run a top mount, so don't have to change much, just a turbo change and power increase..all my mods Put my insurance up from £600 to £1050
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 08:55 AM)Toxic-Jake Wrote:

Plus a ninja big blower!

I'm still run a top mount, so don't have to change much, just a turbo change and power increase..all my mods Put my insurance up from £600 to £1050

I'm not even allowed a turbo change.....or a +25% bhp increase, let alone an enlarged IC. Sad

Don't think I'd pay over a grand for insurance now anyway though, even if they did let me have it!! :o
Thanks given by:

Plus a ninja big blower!

ageist!!!! Blush
Thanks given by: