Upper Strut Brace Fitting Question

Poll: Bothered about taking ECU lid off?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'll just take the lid off.
42.86%
9 42.86%
I'll just modify my own.
14.29%
3 14.29%
I'd rather have a modified lid/box on offer too.
14.29%
3 14.29%
Make a different design instead you twat.
28.57%
6 28.57%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Strut Brace Fitting Question
Right, I've settled on a design with the upper strut brace I'm pretty happy with, as it should fit most phases with plenty of bonnet clearance and it's still a lot stiffer than what's already on the market.

However, it might require removing the upper cover from the ECU box on most models to get it to fit, or at least some slight trimming to give clearance.

Now, is that something that would bother anyone - or would you rather have some form modified cover/box offered too to clear it?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
XUD... What ECU? lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will it go over a TMIC?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
You, f*cking, Legend. I need an upper strut brace Smile Im happy to chop away for stiffness. oooo errrr Wink.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As said on the gti forum.
Do away with the lid, but maybe find a way to sheald the ecu from any water.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ricky Wrote:Will it go over a TMIC?

With a big enough hammer.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
pictures?
Thanks given by:
Not yet, it's just tacked together rusty scrap atm Big Grin
Thanks given by:
and thats just the car
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Only when you're up!
Thanks given by:
pfft no its not you fixed it lmao

Thanks given by:
Could you not fabricate somethink on to the strut brace to cover the lid of the ecu mayb? To shield it from shit and crap geting in there? Smile

Thanks given by:
I'd just bin the cover and make something up to cover it.

Any rough idea of price? And would you do a cheaper price for both?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Not certain on price yet, might have some optional extra bits that improve other area's of the car at the same time ninja

They will be a bit more than the £80 for the OMP ones though, but then there's more material/work in mine, like the lowers.
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested in one Smile
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
id be interested in one at some point, but im an oem engine bay plastic covers tart so id like to keep the ecu cover... but im odd and anal like that lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Wierdo!
Thanks given by:
Master cylinder stopper incorperated?
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:id be interested in one at some point, but im an oem engine bay plastic covers tart so id like to keep the ecu cover... but im odd and anal like that lol
Im sorry... Dont you have a f*cking haribo air filter cover lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:
samass Wrote:id be interested in one at some point, but im an oem engine bay plastic covers tart so id like to keep the ecu cover... but im odd and anal like that lol
Im sorry... Dont you have a f*cking haribo air filter cover lol

yeah.. but... but... bah ok, ill get my coat...

Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:Master cylinder stopper incorperated?

Yeah, at the minute it can be, not sure if I end up moving it around though.
Thanks given by:
Right, looks like it's worth trying to change it somehow, will have a head scratch for a while longer lol
Thanks given by:
its about time you did these Phil.

wouldn't it be worth doin two? one a little cheaper than the others for us with no ecu 8-)
Thanks given by:
No, 'cause it's a pain in the arse with jigging and sorting out pricing lol
Thanks given by:
no your the pain in arse! how many projects you got on the go now?! talk about part timer!

Thanks given by:
Hmm, lets see, 'bodies and exhaust manifolds for 1.4, new rear suspension system for 306's, rollcage for RS2000's, 306 upper braces, new rear suspension for buggy............

....you're not supposed to actually finish projects are you?
Thanks given by:
I assume they clear the HDi ecu's ok do they?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Right, this is nowhere near a production version - it's welded out of bits of random scrap (hence the bends being different side to side), and there's some other bracing bits to go on it yet - but I can get it to just clear the cover - it may rub slightly on some cars, I've going to check it on as many as I can next week to see what fitment is like.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you have a bit of a preview.

[Image: UpperbraceclearECu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
feck me thats sexy.

Thanks given by:
f*ck it i'll move the ECU, WANT! :drool:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upper Steering Column Mighty306 2 1,670 09-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Vibration issues after strut brace installation S16 14 2,601 16-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Last Post: S16
  OMP strut brace adjustment nuts lolsteve 6 1,378 05-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Eeyore