Vibration issues after strut brace installation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration issues after strut brace installation
Hi

My mechanic has not long fitted my upper and lower OMP strut braces to the S16. The car has now developed a vibration that I can feel through the wheel slighty but it feels like it's coming from the front offside. It definitely was not doing it prior to fitting. Anyone else had any experience of this or think they might know what it might be. This is not the mechanics first strut brace install and it is the first time this has happened to him. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Are the bolts tight?
Thanks given by:
They should be. He has also tensioned it properly.
Thanks given by:
Will the vibration settle down after a while or is it likely to damage anything?
Thanks given by:
Double checked the clearance between top brace and intake, top brace and master cylinder and brace and lower engine mount?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The most worrying thing is you paid someone to fit strut braces? Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just don't have the the time to do it myself. I look after my son when I'm not at work and I just can't get things done when I have to watch him at the same time. I took my seats and carpets out so I could clean the carpets and what would normally take less than an hour ended up taking nearly 3 because I was constantly trying to keep track of my tools and what he was doing with them. He's only 3. My car went in for a heater matrix change so I asked him to fit them while he still had my car. Also my car is currently sorn'd whilst it's at the garage because it won't be being used over winter so it's pretty much staying up there until spring.
Thanks given by:
Did you use the original bolts for the upper one, or did you get longer ones ?
Thanks given by:
They were nice shiny new ones and he is a good mechanic so I presume they are new longer ones mate. I'm so puzzled and with not having the car at my house I'm stuck
Thanks given by:
It was the lower engine mount. It doesn't touch when the car is standing still but under acceleration it does so going to space it away from it and see if that works.
Thanks given by:
It's usually the lower engine mount catching on the OMP braces, bit of an issue with them.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
It could be that its out of line slightly
Thanks given by:
Ive had this problem in the 1.8 with the engine mount hitting the lower. You must have longer bolts for the top brace!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your replies. The top one did have longer bolts and it was found that the lower engine mount was touching the lower brace under acceleration but not when the car was stood still. So to be fair, when it was fitted initially there was nothing to suggest there was a problem. It's been spaced away now and should be ok. Mr Rowell I shall be ordering some stickers soon
Thanks given by:
Hi

Just been to garage to drop a few bits off and I've noticed the bonnet is not quite shutting properly because of the upper strut brace. Any advice. Not having much luck with these

Cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 3,858 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  Strange vibration. decjhawes 12 2,987 21-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  VIBRATION- balancing and tracking done thealphanoob 0 1,036 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: thealphanoob