Cigarette Lighter Problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigarette Lighter Problems
The cigarette lighter port in my car is annoying me. It won't work with any USB adaptors I put into but I know it's working as it will still run the tyre inflator just fine.

The one I use right now would work intermittently with it at first, but now not at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

It's a Ph3 and I have a Ph2 port spare but the connectors are different so wasn't sure about cutting cables and bodging it on with connectors. Could I just cut the wiring and use connectors like these? https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-miniat...pack-n22an
Thanks given by:
Ive had an issue butt he issue was with the usb adapter. The bottom contact isnt long enough to actually touch the contact in the socket. If you have this issue it explains why the pump is working but the others are not. Put some bluetack on the bottom and see if it comes back out with a mark? Dont put your fingers in though!

Remember you want at least 2.1A charging for a USB adapter to be worthwhile otherwise itll use up the power fast than it charges.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2017, 04:09 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Ive had an issue butt he issue was with the usb adapter. The bottom contact isnt long enough to actually touch the contact in the socket. If you have this issue it explains why the pump is working but the others are not. Put some bluetack on the bottom and see if it comes back out with a mark? Dont put your fingers in though!

Remember you want at least 2.1A charging for a USB adapter to be worthwhile otherwise itll use up the power fast than it charges.

I'll give that a try. I've tried 3 different ones and none work, annoyingly.

As for the power level, I'm using an Anker 2 port that does 2.4A. Used it at work to power an SJ4000 as a dashcam and dash charge a OnePlus 3 so I'd really like to make it work.
Thanks given by:
what anker model is it? I bought two of them and they immediately replaced both of them with a better model which had a longer bottom pin!
Thanks given by:
This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00W...UTF8&psc=1

I put it up against the connector on the tyre pump and they look the same length, with the connections in the same place.
Thanks given by:
My new dashcam turned up today and the charger that came with seems to work. 2 port 3.1a output so I guess the problem is solved for now.
Thanks given by:
I had the same charger and anker replaced it free of charge for one of these. Complain on amazon and they will sort you out quickly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerDriv...pwoerdrive
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cigarette lighter not working toughmat 7 2,083 19-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Last Post: TrinityJayOne
  cig lighter how does it work omega 4 1,853 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Last Post: omega
  cigarette lighter with ignition? TheCrimson 14 3,223 05-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Last Post: MattDM306