Peugeot Fault code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot Fault code
My peugeot 306 hdi coming up with a fault code P0380

Glow plug / Heater
Circuit A

So is this the glow plugs need changing or the heater relay for the glow plugs?

Does this show which one is circuit A?

The last time it was cold the car was misfiring a bit on startup harder to start also a bit of smoke then clears up. So I had an idea this was a problem. But its only just started showing up 12 months later on the fault code but no engine light on as yet. The glow plug heater light comes on when cold only. This warm weather the car starts fine at the moment.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
What are you using to read the codes? The P0380 code is apparently very common and unlikely to cause poor starting.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 03:42 PM)Uberderv Wrote: What are you using to read the codes? The P0380 code is apparently very common and unlikely to cause poor starting.

The car starts fine in normal weather you cant see any difference.

I'm just using a fault code reader.
Thanks given by:
Ideally you want to get peugeot planet on it as that will usually give you more info. Though to start with check the glow plugs as that's pretty easy.
Thanks given by:
As Frosty says, no harm in checking the heater plugs/supply. At this time of year they may not come on to pre heat but could come on for post heating.....

Do you have access to Peugeot Planet? Your cold missfire might be down to summit else. What made you check the codes 12 months later?
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 10:33 PM)Uberderv Wrote: As Frosty says, no harm in checking the heater plugs/supply. At this time of year they may not come on to pre heat but could come on for post heating.....

Do you have access to Peugeot Planet?  Your cold missfire might be down to summit else. What made you check the codes 12 months later?

I just plug in the reader now and then as some don't bring on the eml. Then noticed this fault code started coming on but good thing the time of year to swap and change parts over.

(07-08-2017, 07:56 PM)Frosty Wrote: Ideally you want to get peugeot planet on it as that will usually give you more info. Though to start with check the glow plugs as that's pretty easy.

Ive got a good known working set of glow plugs of my old 306 hdi. Do these just unscrew in and out or there any seals?

Ive got a glow plug relay I could try once i've tried the glow plugs next?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
If your getting power to them the relay should be OK. As far as I remember they just screw in with no seal, be gentle though as you don't want to snap one. A liberal dose of Plus Gas or similar on a warm engine should help...
Thanks given by:
Yeah they just screw out.
Thanks given by:
Once they're out glow them up straight off the battery, if they're good they should glow visibly within a couple of seconds. Obviously hold them with pliers or something, they will be very hot lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glow plug fault code? JTaylor2005 2 1,259 22-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  hdi fault code help anyone Carlos vinyls 2 1,643 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Carlos vinyls
  Clarke OBDII Fault Code Reader Toms306 62 27,558 11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Poodle