1984 Ford Capri MkIII

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 Ford Capri MkIII
That looks lovely! I got a few friends with mk1 fiestas running high powered crossflows so have to hear about fords and pintos all the time lol

Can't wait to see the finished article Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2016, 08:16 PM)ben01328 Wrote: Dont worry mate thats filter is only for the running in oil, it will be getting changed asap!!

That's the one time I'd want a bloody decent filter!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So Friday the engine was fitted, Its all running well. Now gotta do a coupe hundred miles with the running in oil of which ive done 125 on saturday lol

Didn't get many pics but here's the finished article and a video of the sound.

[Image: DSC_0039_zpsfs8dgnde.jpg]
[/url][Image: DSC_0040_zpsni9nqlen.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0042_zpsbo5xj2t4.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0060_zpsay5kcgex.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0062_zpswebtkhut.jpg]
[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/Capri/DSC_0064_zpsvvb8dafc.jpg.html][Image: DSC_0064_zpsvvb8dafc.jpg]
http://vid300.photobucket.com/albums/nn3...wn4cod.mp4
SC GTI6 - Sold 
1984 Ford Capri - Current Money Pit Rofl

Thanks given by:
Tiny bit more progress over the weekend, car is running really well done about 170 miles now.

Found that ive got a problem with the passenger window were the ball joint of the winder pops out of the round plastic bit in the runner so that needs sorting at some point.

Need to replace the heater matrix as im getting virtually no heat but all other heater bits seem to be working.

Speedo isn't working nor is the reverse light so that need looking at as well.

Its never ending haha.

On better note though some new tailgate struts turned up today, Brand new £20 delivered, slightly longer than original parts but work brilliantly.

[Image: DSC_0071_zpsypqpdepd.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0072_zpsuzqett2x.jpg]
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
looking great!
Thanks given by:
Started ticking things off the list at the weekend.

Jobs done:

Facet fuel pump fitted
Malpassi filler/regulator fitted
Heater matrix replaced
Heater motor replaced
Sorted speedo not working
Replaced engine temp sensor
Oil catch tank fitted
running in oil drained
New k&n oil filter fitted
New millers oil put it

Changing the heater matrix was a complete pain in the arse but im glad its done, I've now got hot air and the fan is blowing much stronger than before Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0090_zpsymn2e3rj.jpg]
[/url][Image: DSC_0091_zps5bt7szko.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0089_zpsxyzldzj1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0088_zps7of5asrm.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0087_zpspzsnsitv.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0086_zps1d1glekb.jpg]

With the fuel pump i found a nice spot in the boot on the left hand side, Its out of the from being knocked etc and works a treat.

[Image: DSC_0080_zps1oyjlbe8.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0100_zps6jryeihy.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0099_zpsmklkj2sz.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0098_zpsqrchmbek.jpg]

And the oil filter and catch tank.

[Image: DSC_0082_zpscccyereh.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0111_zpsjyc3tlpw.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0110_zpsgysumsjx.jpg]

[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/Capri/DSC_0111_zpsjyc3tlpw.jpg.html]

Thats all for now, Waiting on a silencer being but into the exhaust as its far to droney when cruising and then to get it on the rooling road as this thing is begging to be let loose.  Big Grin  lol 

Not sure why everything is underlined it wont turn off for some reason Huh Huh  Angry Angry    Hu Ha sorted it  Rofl
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
Got a Few more things done today, first off i fitted an new capri club strut brace i bought, Looks great and really firms up the front end.

[Image: DSC_0119_zps6yeds04l.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0121_zpsa3t7hzw7.jpg]

Second i set about putting everything on the capri club parcel shelf i  bought as well, Took quite a while to do but im chuffed with the result. A big thank you to "nialdiamond" for supplying all the parts i needed for the shelf and to "Fordoholic Nick" for the thread i made about these shelves it was a big help.

[Image: DSC_0122_zpsyxfa7thl.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0123_zpsqeaybvod.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0124_zpstfbgqqci.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0126_zpsx0agfkbi.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0127_zps8nt0nf0u.jpg]

I also reconnected the heated rear screen tabs on the struts so hopefully thats works the next time it gets misted up.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
So ive been having loads of problem with the washers on capri, constantly adjusting them as the wouldn't stay put then having to blow out the brass pipes every 5 seconds as they keep getting blocked and some fool had bent the contacts in the plug for the washer pump so it wasnt making proper contact and the pump was a bit it and miss.

So i decided to buy one of these kits : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360860461700?_...EBIDX%3AIT
[Image: s-l1600_zpsqdayrka2.jpg]

All i can say is that it was worth every penny, Ive now got perfect washers that are completely directional and give brilliant coverage and they don't look out of place at all on the capri.

[Image: DSC_0182_zps9ftsvnvz.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0181_zpsdd3fe2y1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0180_zpsu5vobjis.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0179_zpszaqlwcxu.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0177_zpsyji4edzx.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0176_zpsyvpi9xvu.jpg]

Next up headlights, In short there s**t give out naff all light etc. I actually drove from stevenage to fakenham in Norfolk which is about 90miles with the high beam on the whole way and not one person flashed at me so that says how crap they are.

So i bought one of these kits that lets you use h4 lamps in all 4 lights : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271155509062?_...EBIDX%3AIT
[Image: s-l500_zpsecfnpn1g.jpg]

Again worth every penny, Ive only got the outer two wired up at the moment but the difference is vast, there so much better its unreal. My plan is to use all four lights for dipped and main beam using a relay of some description but i need some research on this matter.

[Image: DSC_0173_zpsqrlsiolc.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0175_zpsemrj9gup.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0174_zpspys4inoh.jpg]

For using all four lights for dipped and main this is what ive found so far, Has anyone on here done this and offer any help/advice?

[Image: Driving_light_relay_wiring_diagram_zpspptgfept.png]
[Image: relaycircuit_zpszcs6ado9.gif]

Finally on a bit of an annoying note was driving home last night and heard a loud metal ding, car didn't feel any different so kept going about 15mins late there was a rattle and the sound of a very long bolt hit the car and then going down the road. It was the alternator bolt FFS so the alternator is only held in place by the adjustment bolt at the moment. So that is top of the list today haha.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
How in the hell did I miss this project? Looks f*cking awesome!!
Will have a proper read over it tonight.
But I have a major soft spot for these, they are the only fords I like. Well these and cortinas!
Beautiful colour too!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Lovely project this, great colour and great car.

that wiring diagram is good - you just need to add wires to the middle lamps for high beam

copy the red wiring for low beam that goes to all 4 - for the high beam in green.
Thanks given by: