Tapping into boost pipes

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tapping into boost pipes
Apologies for all threads recently

Never had to tap in for boost pipes before but I need a couple of boost pipes for the boost gauge and for the fuel pump

How, where, what can I use to do this? 
Can I buy ready tapped boost pipes (running mostly 51mm)
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I use little brass take off fittings from ebay. Drill into the ally smaller than you qant and they thread them selves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Are you using a xantia manifold? If so drill and tap into that and fit some barb fittings off ebay. Thats what most people do.

Like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361376516888?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I think i used that size for the boost compensator to the pump and a 4mm one for the boost gauge but their out of stock of the 4mm.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2016, 06:34 AM)Frosty Wrote: Are you using a xantia manifold? If so drill and tap into that and fit some barb fittings off ebay. Thats what most people do.

I think i used that size for the boost compensator to the pump and a 4mm one for the boost gauge but their out of stock of the 4mm.

Yeh, I'm using the xantia manifold. Where's the best place to drill into it? 

There's already a couple of recesses in the manifold? 

I'll look into it!
Thanks given by:
Quick tap boost nipple into one of the hoses is a good method
Thanks given by:
if you dont want to tap anything you can get push fit style ones. only issue is getting them on and off if the manifold is on the car there is always the risk of dropping bits down into the turbo whilst fitting.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2016, 07:34 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 06:34 AM)Frosty Wrote: Are you using a xantia manifold? If so drill and tap into that and fit some barb fittings off ebay. Thats what most people do.

Yeh, I'm using the xantia manifold. Where's the best place to drill into it? 

There's already a couple of recesses in the manifold? 

I'll look into it!

Have a look through my project thread for my dt. I'm pretty sure there's a pic or 2 in there.
Thanks given by:
Mine is tapped facing the bulkhead and coming out the back of the manifold.. be careful where you put it though as any closer to the nuts on mine and it would have been a pain to do up.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost pipes toseland 6 1,392 17-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Tapping worse than a 6 rocker8742 45 8,368 24-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  tapping into ally xantia manifold? Jimbo 6 2,312 30-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Jimbo