Exhaust Fix Options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Fix Options
So my backboxfell off last week, went to try and fit the new one but the bit it clamps onto on the midbox has came away whsn the backbox fell off, do I buy another midbox and wait for that to come  again or get the backbox welded to the thinner midbox pipe end, if the weld holds anything more than a year that would be ideal as the klarius backboxes only last a year before snapping off anyway
Thanks given by:
The end of the mid-pipe seems to be where the exhaust usually rusts through and snaps. It's happened to me 3-4 times now on 306's, always in the same place.

They're cheap enough so just buy a new mid-pipe and do the job properly - but make sure you buy a decent reputable brand like Bosal rather than Klarius which don't last whatsoever.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
From my experience, Bosal is just as shite as Klarius these days!

No "pattern" part exhausts are made well at all!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The hoffman 'race tube' centre i bought for the HDi years ago is still going strong..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 09:34 AM)Ruan Wrote: From my experience, Bosal is just as shite as Klarius these days!

No "pattern" part exhausts are made well at all!

They must have gone downhill comparatively recently then or I've been buying old stock that's been sat around for a while - certainly that's entirely feasible for the 205 stuff, but the mid-section I bought for my in-laws 306 last year certainly seemed to be good quality and still looks in good order now (although who knows how long that had been in a warehouse for)

I struggle to believe that it's gone downhill so far as to be as bad as Klarius though - last one of those I fitted looked and felt cheap when new and after one winter you'd swear that it had been sat at the bottom of the ocean for a decade such was the level of rust. Terrible, terrible systems.... but that's what happens when the number one criteria that most people buy on is price rather than quality Sad

Mind you, such a drop in quality wouldn't be unprecedented.... Arvin used to be good a decade or so back, and turned to sh**e when they merged with someone else.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, midnight - did you notice any difference in loudness when switching for the race tube?
Thanks given by:
Can't really give an honest comparison tbh as I changed to a sportex backbox at the same time but even with what's effectively a straight through on a s2 map it's not that loud IMO, little rumble on idle but quiet til you're on full chat
Thanks given by:
Racetube on it's own doesn't really add loudness unless you remove the backbox or go for a decat as well.
Thanks given by:
If it's snapped its probably not going to be weldable.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 10:10 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Racetube on it's own doesn't really add loudness unless you remove the backbox or go for a decat as well.

I did both of those and it's still not that loud tbh
Thanks given by:
That's your opinion lol, it should be a fair bit louder than standard, but not petrol loud obviously.
Thanks given by:
Had to fit a Klarius rear section to a 2.0HDi, poor engine won't be able to breathe due to the crushed bends.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 10:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: That's your opinion lol, it should be a fair bit louder than standard, but not petrol loud obviously.

Yeah exactly, granted it was louder than stock but nothing like a '6 with a backbox for instance.. Bare in mind i drove a stripped 6 with a straight through daily for over a year lol
Thanks given by:
Matt just get a straight bit of exhaust welded straight onto it Smile
Thanks given by:
I was thinking that Frost, but I want it as quiet as poss as you know haha
Thanks given by:
Bosal and Klarius are still worlds apart when it comes to quality, even if Bosal have gone downhill big time.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear box/exhaust options? conorpierce 16 2,933 23-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  2.0 HDI Exhaust options? LewisG 3 1,347 06-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Poodle