fuel filter body removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel filter body removal
I need to remove the fuel filter body to gain access to the hp pump pressure regulator valve and the rail fuel pressure sensor wires, but just cannot figure htbh do you get the fuel filter body off??

I know about the pipes but cant sus what stops the filter body from just lifting out.

The engine revs increase slightly the moment its turned off, and then stops, which may be an indication that the hp pump pressure regulator needs a clean? and that the rail pressure sensor wires/connector can be problematic.

All help greatly appreciated.

ps the haynes book states engine oil quantity of 4.2 litres 2 litre hdi with alloy sump, but ours takes about 4.7 litres to the top dip stick mark? will be measuring the old oil that came out. made wooden ramp so car is level, got real sunburn in the process.
Thanks given by:
There is a plastic catch on the back of the fuel filter housing,push this in and the filter body slides upwards and away.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, for tommorrow.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2016, 06:18 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: There is a plastic catch on the back of the fuel filter housing,push this in and the filter body slides upwards and away.

This. Comes out really easily, so not much force necessary!
Thanks given by:
Hammer
Thanks given by:
Haynes is wrong lol. Sounds like your reg probably needs a clean, as you suggest.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 06:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: Haynes is almost always wrong lol. Sounds like your reg probably needs a clean, as you suggest.

EFA
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2016, 06:05 PM)pug306driver Wrote: ps the haynes book states engine oil quantity of 4.2 litres 2 litre hdi with alloy sump, but ours takes about 4.7 litres to the top dip stick mark? will be measuring the old oil that came out. made wooden ramp so car is level, got real sunburn in the process.

iirc, The non-AC HDi's used a slightly different sump and requires more oil. Pretty sure I've read this somewhere but I could be wrong.
Thanks given by:
4.7 is the capacity of the aircon models for sure, can't i've noticed slightly more going in the non-ac models, but then i never actually serviced the one i briefly owned lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Whoops, better stop banging in 5 litres lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter pug306driver 8 2,730 25-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  fuel filter housing changed jason68 6 2,438 08-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  New fuel filter :) JTaylor2005 40 8,623 17-05-2016, 06:13 PM