SoS urgent...xud estate temps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoS urgent...xud estate temps
Chap came and got estate.

I noticed it got a bit hot in town and no fans...

Tried to find why...no obvious reasons. Fuses ok.

Sensor maybe, ecu maybe. Duno.

AC mod didnt work. So put own feed in to overide one fan at full speed.

He is 15mile down road and calls...

70 degrees when cruising... Climbs quickly towards 90 then when idling... Fan mod stopped working...hit 100 idling and he shut it off.

Not much heat inside.

Thoughts?

I'm quite peeved. He just insured and taxed it for a year and lives in bristol. He heading back to mine now. 

Crap.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If there's not much cabin heat gotta be an airlock surely?
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 05:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If there's not much cabin heat gotta be an airlock surely?

Yeah perhaps.

I'm thinking:

Airlock

Sensor malfunction

Headgasket

Guna blow me own HG at this rate. Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Doubt its headgasket if its only overheating round town tbh, most would without fans...
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 05:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Doubt its headgasket if its only overheating round town tbh, most would without fans...

Seems odd that its fine when driving...like doesnt get hot
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Guessing you haven't got a sniff tester?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 05:50 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Guessing you haven't got a sniff tester?

No.

Ok.

So he is back.

Reblead system. No apparent air issues.

Tried different cap, mine, which isnt very old.

Still wants to dribble out the overflow a bit.

Gets to 95 at the stat housing (on a laser gauge) so shut it off.

Rad is hot all over so is circulating.

Help Sad

Sounds like HG to me

Or maybe cracked head???

Help peeps... Chap stuck here with no car other than this pile of junk
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sounds fcuked, sorry not much help, I know HG is unusual on these but does kinda sound like it.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
No pressure at all.

Can get up to 90, take the cap off...and no squirty squirty
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Appear to have heaters now after repeated bleading attempts.
Temps still rise, to over 90 at the rad using a laser thermo, which I would expect, after 15 min or so idling...

But no fans to create airflow on rad... Guess that long idling its guna get hot
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I know I'm not hugely knowledgeable on XUDs but I'm fairly sure headgaskets are pretty common on them! Confused

No pressure is weird though, not sure why that would be! Waterpump failed maybe? Edit - Posted at the same time, nevermind then. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Have spare engine /head here in case of emergency.
Hope you don't need them.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 09:43 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Have spare engine /head here in case of emergency.
Hope you don't need them.

I duno.

I just wana know what needs fixing!

Where are you anyhow?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thoughts now turning to two issues...

Potential blocked matrix and non working fans..

Thoughts?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 10:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Potential blocked matrix and non working fans..

Blocked matrix shouldn't affect the engine overheating, but explains poor cabin heat, but the coolant should still circulate around the block side of things ok? 

Are xuds more fan dependant than hdis? If so then yea, it'll need fans like normal cars! 
Sounds like it's fine at speed, so working fans at idle should see it right? (plus matrix swap over)
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 09:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I know I'm not hugely knowledgeable on XUDs but I'm fairly sure headgaskets are pretty common on them! Confused

No pressure is weird though, not sure why that would be!  Waterpump failed maybe?  Edit - Posted at the same time, nevermind then. Tongue

read it as HDI for some reason, ignore me lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok.
So few have kindly replied to my messages...
Seems I may have forgotten how much the xud makes heat at idle.... The racetractor day to day will idle for ages without need for fan help.

So today...
Rip out fans. One of which is seized...rip out AC rad...fit couple slimlines
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
On my little 1.4 this happened, done all the rebleeding, replaced relays, replaced fans, removed relays and bridged the terminals for it to come on with ignition, replaced temp sensor.

Then decided to take the thermostat off (should of realy thought about this sooner) and it fell apart in bits, replaced it with a new one and over the past 2 years it's been back to normal until 2 weeks ago it happened again at my local tip and the car decided to drop it coolant all over the floor, filled up rebled and took it home yet to see if it's the same thing though as not had much time.

Don't know if that helps, but just an experience i had.
Thanks given by:
Spent a while removing what turns out to be a dead fan, replaced with slimline, removed AC rad... Switched all the wiring round, used the ac button as a on/off to intitiate two relays... And all seems well.

Temps rise steady at idle...hit fans and they drop straight down.

So just need to add a ph1 radiator fan switch, currently a blank there, and it can be semi auto too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
New rad makes a big difference to them aswell, mine use to rise to 90 fairly quick when idling new rad sorted it out though.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ourwanderer.org/peug2.htm

useful website..

1. manual fan switch, yo ucan get a 3 position switch (rocker or otherwise) that allows you to operate both, one or none. you can choose which position this operates in but on the vitara I had up = both, middle = 1 (low speed on the HDI) and down = both off.
2. LED or indicator light demonstrating when the fans are actually active, as if its anything like mine you are looking at an engine that will quite easily drown out the fan noise.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Nice info tah
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
just to report back...

all is well, sits in traffic etc all fine, so long as fans are used.

Just me so used to my huge rad in the racetractor I guess...can take half an hour of sitting to get to fans! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
couldnt be the stat being sticky not opening properly so when its rolling with air flow its fine but when its sat its not getting full flow causing it to over heat?
Thanks given by:
See post above!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
my bad missed that haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  thermostat opening temps...lower temp' stats? Piggy 25 6,515 25-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  EGT average temps Ricky 10 2,993 04-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  Temps / Gauge Informaton Needed silverzx 3 1,396 17-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Last Post: silverzx