my peugeot 306 meridian 1.9 td project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my peugeot 306 meridian 1.9 td project
This is my project and my very much loved motor now I have seen some lush 306's on this forum but mine is looking in a bit of a sorry state at the moment.

just before my 306 come off the road there was a knocking and a grinding coming from passenger  side strut which I hope I have now sorted.
now I do have a little mechanical experience but not loads so I am also learning as I go

so if its ok with you guys I would like to share my progress as the works go on

so this is my Peugeot 306 meridian 1.9 td 98 plate phase 2

I do spend most of my days off working on my 306 to my other halves delight and I will share as I progress
Thanks for looking

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks like a nice car Smile
What are your plans for it?
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 02:36 PM)Iaitoo Wrote: Looks like a nice car Smile
What are your plans for it?

well basically I would like to sort its problems the suspension which should be sorted new disc pads all round, the radiator is shot so that's on the shopping list give it a full service filters oil change etc.
when the car was on the road I found the headlights were not great on normal beam (the Mondeo I use now I have same problem so maybe its my eyes as I am getting older) so I would like some modern headlights LED maybe but got some good info from one of the mods from the forum and need to research them a bit more.
I would like to tidy her up phase 3 bumper with round fogs and a nice set of alloys and go from there really working on the car is starting to be addictive so who knows how she will look when I'm done lol.
Thanks given by:
phase 1 complete new discs and pads fitted got her started pulled her out the garage and back now its time to start on the engine happy as a pig in shite

Thanks given by:
nice.
if you do go for alloys, can I have 1st dibs on your wheel-trims please? (if they're 15inch)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2016, 05:01 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: nice.
if you do go for alloys, can I have 1st dibs on your wheel-trims please? (if they're 15inch)

yeah no probs mate need a clean up but all yours mate
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 10:51 AM)alex76 Wrote: so if its ok with you guys I would like to share my progress as the works go on

course it is Smile

good start so far, satisfying to give a car some love and attention, and you'll learn loads by taking it on yourself
Thanks given by: alex76
(26-04-2016, 07:18 PM)alex76 Wrote:
(26-04-2016, 05:01 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: nice.

yeah no probs mate need a clean up but all yours mate

cheers buddy
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
just an update to this weeks works....
stripped out the rad and what a pain it was to get out then got new rad but the bottom hose wrong connection so waiting on phone call from euro car parts for new hose another 28 quid and this weeks budget gone hate it when works comes to a standstill waiting on parts (like a child stomping feet lol)

Thanks given by:
Yeah I remember changing a rad on a friends 306 DW8 diesel - it was definitely the case of 'wtf did i volunteer to do this for',the car was in the wilds of Dorset (nice Smile)
- one of the 'quick release' hose fittings was so corroded internally that I had to saw it off and I was lucky that the peugeot dealer 15 miles away had a hose in stock - dashed down there just before closing time on saturday (car had to be driveable by monday) Smile.
update to this weeks works..

New rad fitted flushed filled and bled but whilst getting the old girl up to temperature as you do, this little bitch decided to leak, now I am not sure what it is (a big round plug with an allen  key fitting which no one has that size in there tool box) to be fair I did only slightly tighten it with a pair of moulgrips so back to tool shop tomorrow... but so far so good...

Thanks given by:
leak sorted engine running normal temp heater working = happy days
Thanks given by:
oh shit where does this go.... pmsl

Thanks given by:
(16-05-2016, 04:43 PM)alex76 Wrote: oh shit where does this go.... pmsl

Tyre for a penny farthing wheel??
bloody hell mate.... I just bought another one don't think the wheels are big enough though lol.. love it

Thanks given by:

up to me guts in nuts... love it
Thanks given by:
I am looking for a phase 3 front bumper for my motor there is not a great deal on the interweb any ideas please
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 02:33 PM)alex76 Wrote: up to me guts in nuts... love it

I like to use a piece of hardboard to lie on Itwasntme
Hate Housework!
a update of how she is looking now

brought the bumper of ebay was fairly damaged the three brackets on the bottom snapped off so made some makeshift ones first go at spraying and happy days

now its time to start thinking what I am going to do with the back end

Thanks given by:
Good to see a car gradually getting more and more restored Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2016, 04:00 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Good to see a car gradually getting more and more restored Smile

cheers mate yeah coming on nice
Thanks given by:

oh dear after turning the pug round to start on the back I found this looks like i am saving up for a mig.
not giving up one the old gal just means she in not going back on the road just yet
Thanks given by:
thats not the worst ive seen. im sure it will be fine! Big Grin
all stripped out and ready to start again let the works commence

Thanks given by:
Photo 

Bit of an update earth bracket for rear lights made and seatbelt bracket just got to make the panel then welding happy days after buying a nice priced mig and help from local boys at local steel fabs for some nice sheet steel also nice price
Thanks given by:
bit of a update the pug has been patched

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW Project red peugeot 306 + full pictures + mods details =) Welshy_Pete 3 1,682 09-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
Rainbow Retirement Project blue peugeot 306 + full pictures + mods details =) Welshy_Pete 30 12,777 21-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  1.8 Meridian Project jpc 4 1,458 05-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Toms306