Brake Discs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Discs
That's strange as Textar is a OEM supplier for Mercedes.... Not to mention that Textar is a part of the TMD friction group which includes other companies like Pagid and Mintex.

I've mostly ran Brembo pads & discs and haven't had an issue but find EBC Black stuff better on the rear discs.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 09:20 AM)allye Wrote: To clear up here, newer discs come with the silver coating, it supposedly helps the bedding in process.

I've heard this an awful lot, yet can't seem to find any basis for it. I assume a resourceful salesman dreamt it up lol, but there's no mention of such a feature from the companies that produce the coating.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I warped a set of OEM brembos in one track session whereas my EBC ones despite my best efforts have not done so.
Would say Pagids for front and Eicher for rear if you want to save a few quid
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Sounds like EBC are pretty decent kit then haha.

I ended up just getting pagid for the rear and will do the front when needed. Can't be bothered with them warming if I get really cheap ones and then ending up having to change them for better ones anyway haha
Thanks given by:
Tom, axle stand under the tie down strap?
Thanks given by:
Perfectly safe as long as long as it's not rusty.
Thanks given by:
No bloody way mate, asking for trouble like that.
'Not rusty' what does that even mean? An old peugeot is always rusty
Thanks given by:
Trouble like...?

I've been doing it for the last 6 years. Never bent an eye or slipped a stand doing it.

By not rusty I mean the chassis rails and that general area aren't thin and holey...they'd be an mot fail if they were anyway.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2016, 07:15 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I warped a set of OEM brembos in one track session whereas my EBC ones despite my best efforts have not done so.
Would say Pagids for front and Eicher for rear if you want to save a few quid

That's more likely to do with you not bedding them in correctly.
Thanks given by:
I can understand bedding in pads could be done wrong but discs??
Thanks given by:
Hard braking or holding the foot brake on hot discs won't do them any favours, causes hot spots that warps them. Best not to hit any cold puddles with hot discs as well.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skimming brake discs lolsteve 13 3,270 29-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Tom
  BRAKE DISCS GETTING SUPER HOT p306hot 5 1,262 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post: londondan86
  Which brake discs rocker8742 9 2,599 02-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: pug306driver