Ruan's GTi6 (XU10>XUD9) - Subject to Change ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruan's GTi6 (XU10>XUD9) - Subject to Change ;)
So basically, I've gone and bought a GTi6, I've seen the light!! Petrol is just so much better!

HAHAHA Like f*ck is it!!!!

I like the car and all, it's just horrific on fuel, not set your pants on fire quick, I don't find it *that* enjoyable to drive... I hate to say it, if I went tomorrow for a DRIVE - I'd still take the Diesel - I just prefer the power delivery, the economy, (sorry everyone..) the noise... Don't get me wrong, it's quick, nice - but just doesn't do it for me.

Hence why I'm pretty set on taking the GTi6 lump out and shoving in a Diesel...

It's done 90k miles, ph3, moonstone blue - bodywork is pretty good tbh - main reason I bought it... Had a slight overheating problem which proved to be a £5 thermostat and the clutch is very heavy and doesn't disengage fully - i.e. cable is worn out and bushes are knackered. I'm going to keep it whilst I redo my engine and then it'll come off the road and have the Diesel lump put in it...

Some photos:

[Image: w1ixu.jpg]

[Image: 20iz252.jpg]

So yeah, screw the haters!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lmfao awesome!
Someone please put this on the 6 site haha

I take it one of these as more of daily and the other is a playthig?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No! Please don't!

I'll get lynched!

For the record - the main reason I bought it - it was £500!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
what ya doing with the 6 lump?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Muhahahaha
Thanks given by:
Ewwww manstain... Ewwwww petrol...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
500 quid :-0 what's up with it?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Like I said, was overheating, has a heavy clutch and the top mount bearings are a bit shagged...

That's it... Otherwise it's mint...
Thanks given by:
£500...wish I could find one that cheap.......not in moonstone though. :? lol

So what diesel are you putting in it or is that a secret?
Thanks given by:
Essentially the same as my old one, but rebuilt with proper head studs and a few other little bits, nothing that special... A few modifications to protect the cylinder head from excessive heat and some balancing.

Should be around the same power before, maybe a tad more, so about 180-190hp, but a lot more reliable than before.

TBH I'm quite a fan of Moonstone now, it'll look even better with coal smashing out of it's back door.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Essentially the same as my old one, but rebuilt with proper head studs and a few other little bits, nothing that special... A few modifications to protect the cylinder head from excessive heat and some balancing.

Should be around the same power before, maybe a tad more, so about 180-190hp, but a lot more reliable than before.

TBH I'm quite a fan of Moonstone now, it'll look even better with coal smashing out of it's back door.

Ah right, should be good then. Big Grin And I assume you'll be leaving the '6 badges on..... Wink
Thanks given by:
It hasn't got any to begin with - so no worries there!
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:It hasn't got any to begin with - so no worries there!

Phew - hides the shame at least! lmao
Thanks given by:
Lol, everyone thinks it's a HDi!
Thanks given by:
God thats even worse. Get some XUD badges on there asap lol
Thanks given by:
Haha, get some then...........blowing coal across a '6 badge would be pretty funny..........you'd also get odd looks at the petrol station with the black pump in a 6. :? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, they'll know when it sounds like a lorry with 25* static timing has just pulled up...

That's what you call a sweet sounding engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHjFgruSfQ
Thanks given by:
I looked out my window with this parked outside and wished it was my car. Anyway everyone, ive got first dibs on the engine if it comes out btw...
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:I looked out my window with this parked outside and wished it was my car. Anyway everyone, ive got first dibs on the engine when it comes out btw...
whistle
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seems to be lacking some forced airflow.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Pft, you know my view on this!!

All I can say is I dont want to see it until theres an XUD in it Wink

heh looks tidy tho, altho shame its manstone Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Manstone is actually a gorgeous colour to be honest Smile.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Genius, look forward to seeing this one being built up. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looks tidy, personally like moonstone. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Oh dear ruan, what have you bought, at least your putting a decent engine in it Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Oh dear ruan, what have you bought, at least your putting a decent engine in it Big Grin

It came with a decent engine.......
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:It came with a decent engine.......

meh........it's lacking in 2 main things............boost & coal Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
But it has bwarp and win Wink

Looks good man, bloody bargain!
Thanks given by:
They're not bad...

For the way people rave about them and their terrible economy, they should have at least an extra 40hp and 80lb.ft... Getting 28-30mpg grannying it - is the realm of of 200-250hp Turbo engines, and they're just not good enough to justify it... It does just prove really that these are the last of the non-vvt/vvl engines and suffer because of it!

Whenever I put my foot down I think - "this really isn't that good" and "oh god my fuel level"...
Thanks given by:
I've got dibs on the fogs! Hurry up and take them offff Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stu's (Ruan's (and Vaughan's (and Jonnys))) HDi Estate vlj 179 67,259 12-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Grant