Project UK roadtrip 2017

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project UK roadtrip 2017
Thought I'd create this thread as I plan on driving to French Car Show 2017
and might need some help/advice when the time comes.

Right now the general plan is to drive from the southwest coast of Norway, through Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands/Belgium and on to the ferry from Calais to Dover.

This should give me a distance of 1220 miles give or take a couple of miles and something like 23 hours behind the wheel
which I see as a challenge, but not something that is impossible to do.

I dont think it will be that difficult driving in the UK, but that is something I want to do atleast once in my life.

The car I will be using is my 1998 306 1.6 cabriolet so useable trunk space will be something that will need to be adressed.

If I have forgotten anything for a european roadtrip, please let me know.

Sorry if I have got some words wrong, english is not my main language..

- Yankee
Thanks given by:
That sounds like a incredible drive.

Get some pictures up of your cab mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Shame its only for FCS! It would be much better if you could do pugfest and FCS but there is some fair time between the two events!
Thanks given by:
7057sam: Should I? It's just a lowered yellow phase 2 cabrio on some 14" wheels.. Tongue

Eeyore: I would love to attend pugfest also, but right now I can only afford 1 major roadtrip outside Norway in 2017 as I plan on doing another roadtrip in Norway that year..
Thanks given by:
mostly, bring your documents or copies of.
speed cameras generally have yellow front & back (they're mostly Gatso -rear pix, or TruVelo-front pix).
some places have 'average speed' cameras like the M25, which also has variable speed limits at peak times. info on posted speeds on overhead gantries.
Visa/Mastercard debit & credit cards widely accepted, as is cash Wink
breath test limit, 80mg England Wales & NI, 50mg in Scotland.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: Yankee
(31-01-2016, 11:22 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: mostly, bring your documents or copies of.
speed cameras generally have yellow front & back (they're mostly Gatso -rear pix, or TruVelo-front pix).
some places have 'average speed' cameras like the M25, which also has variable speed limits at peak times. info on posted speeds on overhead gantries.
Visa/Mastercard debit & credit cards widely accepted, as is cash Wink
breath test limit, 80mg England Wales & NI, 50mg in Scotland.

Thank you! Big Grin

I will do my best to remember everything Smile I just hope it will be warm enough..
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2016, 11:22 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: breath test limit, 80mg England Wales & NI, 50mg in Scotland.

correct info is....

Micro-grams per 100 milliliters of breath UK 35 Scotland 22
Milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood  UK 80  Scotland 50
Milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine  UK 107 Scotland 67

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

So don't drink alcohol.. Got it!

Here is my pride and joy, I've never had a more reliable car! Big Grin
[Image: Pugsley%20the%20306_10_zpsgu2dmms6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Probably cheaper to ferry over from Dunkirk as you won't hit the tolls going through France and miss the immigrant problem

(31-01-2016, 11:22 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: breath test limit, 80mg England Wales & NI, 50mg in Scotland.

Been living under a rock?
(01-02-2016, 06:52 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Probably cheaper to ferry over from Dunkirk as you won't hit  the tolls going through France and miss the immigrant problem

(31-01-2016, 11:22 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: breath test limit, 80mg England Wales & NI, 50mg in Scotland.

Been living under a rock?

in a cave actually Itwasntme
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I didn't know what the limit was/is I know not to drink drive.

Be a good road trip. Id like to offer advice but honestly i have none never having done a trip that size.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Driving gets a lot better when you leave Norway Smile Other countries have fixed a bit on their roads in the recent years. Not like us, where we haven't touched most of the roads since the Germans built em in the 40's.. Tongue Remember your passport. This is the only ID that is valid, since we don't have ID cards like the rest of Europe.
Thanks given by:
Iaitoo: So where in Norway are you located?
Thanks given by:
Bodø Smile you?
Thanks given by:
Sandnes, Rogaland Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Be an incredible trip, although I'd highly recommend coming for Pugfest rather than French Car Show if the dates work - FCS is a bit shit in honesty.

Pugfest is just a better show.

IMHO of course.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I respect your opinion Ruan, but my mind is made up for FCS in 2017, maybe I can do pugfest the year after.
Thanks given by:
Honestly another vote for pugfest here!
Thanks given by:
Id also vote without a doubt for Pugfest, Hillclimb runs and nice cars for me anyday!
Thanks given by:
!
(31-01-2016, 11:41 PM)cully Wrote:

correct info is....

Micro-grams per 100 milliliters of breath UK 35 Scotland 22
Milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood  UK 80  Scotland 50
Milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine  UK 107 Scotland 67
you are correct! Blush
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Hillclimb?

That sounds like fun! Big Grin

Might have to reconsider..

When is pugfest?

I guess the good part (for me atleast) of attending pugfest is that its closer to a place called "the mach loop" where I might be able to photograph military jets, might have to bring the big cameralens with me when the time comes. Smile

This requires some serious thought!
Thanks given by:
Another vote for pugfest rather than FCS from me.

As for driving when your here:
The main roads in the south are well maintained
The standard of driving in the south east is terrible, everyone is an arse hole or stupid.
People have been murdered in road rage incidents, you might be right but you cant argue with stupid. It might be better to not have the argument and live.
We have speed limits, nobody obeys them except if they can see a policeman or a camera.
We drive on the right side of the road which is the left, the rest of the world is wrong.
There is almost no police, (like a quarter of the number of officers they have in France) and they are all stuck dealing with paperwork but if you do see one they don't need a reason to pull you over, they just can.
Motorway services are about every 30 miles but very expensive, if you see a lay-by full of truckers at a burger van go there, it'll be good, truckers know.
Looks like I'll go for Pugfest instead as it's also closer to Wales which means I might spend a few days visiting the Mach Loop while I'm there..

Thanks everyone!
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2016, 12:24 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Another vote for pugfest rather than FCS from me.

As for driving when your here:
The main roads in the south are well maintained
The standard of driving in the south east is terrible, everyone is an arse hole or stupid.
People have been murdered in road rage incidents, you might be right but you cant argue with stupid. It might be better to not have the argument and live.
We have speed limits, nobody obeys them except if they can see a policeman or a camera.
We drive on the right side of the road which is the left, the rest of the world is wrong.
There is almost no police, (like a quarter of the number of officers they have in France) and they are all stuck dealing with paperwork but if you do see one they don't need a reason to pull you over, they just can.
Motorway services are about every 30 miles but very expensive, if you see a lay-by full of truckers at a burger van go there, it'll be good, truckers know.

unless you drive through Oxfordshire Censored
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Forgot about this thread Tongue
Thanks given by:
Just a point to make, they are pretty relaxed over here with speeding but i wouldn't recommend it especially for you. We have a lot of undercover police cars and if they see a car from abroad, they may use any sort of speeding as an excuse to pull you over and go over everything meticulously. If you're doing everything right/legally, You'll be on your way but its hassle!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks, I'll remember that..
Thanks given by:
The main route through germany, small bit of holland and then belgium is very very boring. I'd personally catch the ferry to Newcastle then do the same mileage down through the uk on A and B roads.
Oh and pugfest too.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Pugfest is the plan, if I can afford it.. Time will tell
Thanks given by: