Car cut out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car cut out
Today after an hour drive, just as I was about the park up the car cut out and refused to start.

I couldn't tell if the lift pump was priming or not when on the second click as it was proper pissing it down.

Luckily I wasn't far from home so called my girlfriend out with my PP2k to diagnose the problem.

On her arrival and hooking up PP2k it showed no fault codes so I put it on the live parameters to see if I was getting pressure on the fuel rail while cranking the car started up as if nothing was wrong.

At first I was thinking it was a lift pump issue, after seeing no fault codes I'm now thinking it could be the brown replay?

This is my main car I use to commute so I could do with finding out the cause. 

The lift pump was replaced last year so I hope it's not that.

I'm going to order a spare relay as I think it might be that.

What do you guys think?
Thanks given by:
I guess the relay. Try unplugging it and plugging it in, might be corrosion on the pins
Thanks given by:
It could be but I think there is a rubber seal around it so that could be a issue if moisture is getting in. I'll check it out though as I'll need to clean the corrosion out the plug if there is any there.
Thanks given by:
I've seen the double relay plug with scorch marks inside it before too which could indicate other probs.....
Thanks given by:
I've borrowed the one off my estate while the new one makes it's way and drove the car to work today without issues.

When I changed it I noticed the relay click sound was a lot more positive on the replacement so hopefully that's sorted it.
Thanks given by: