More Bosch questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Bosch questions
Hey fellas, couple more questions about the pump.

Whats that thing the throttle arm hits off at the back of the pump? Seems to slow down the arms movement for the last bit if travel, a White round thing with a spring on it?

On the back of the battery box there appears to be a union for a vacuum hose, any ideas?

Anyone have any pics or a diagram of coolant pipe routing? I have the lower hose, heat exchanger and top hose sorted, there's another hose with a t piece on it coming from the bottom of the rad. Where do they go? An educated guess tells me one goes to the top of the block just behind the Bosch and the other to the thermostat housing?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Hey fellas, couple more questions about the pump.

Whats that thing the throttle arm hits off at the back of the pump? Seems to slow down the arms movement for the last bit if travel, a White round thing with a spring on it?

i think its to stop the car stalling. Like an anti stall device...but then again im probably wrong!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
The sprung bit that the throttle arm stops against is gay as flip, remove it. It just lets the revs down slowly making the revs hang a bit more and makes it nicer for people like your mum to drive.
Thanks given by:
Throttle damper, to stop jerky movements at low throttle i.e. starting off with the clutch - remove it, they're usually worn out and shit and just mean the throttle is horrible...

Union on the battery box for a vac hose is your EGR solenoid - not needed - just make sure you block off all the other vac hoses - also make sure you weld shut the EGR tree on the exhaust manifold - or remove it, or it opens under high EMP.

Coolant bleed line hose comes from the expansion tank, then tees off and goes to the plate behind the injection pump and then another one goes on the back of the thermostat housing, just behind the fuel filter, there should be a bleed nipple on the one coming from the back of the thermostat housing.

Hope this helps.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Cheers ruan, ideal. Didn't want to be dumping coolant into an oil channel by mistake!

Nearly done then...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get it finished already.
Thanks given by:
There's no oil channels other than the ones on the rocker cover and the oil filler - and obviously the turbo send/return.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Couple of bosch questions... philpemberton94 11 2,263 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
  Bosch pump questions bashbarnard 9 2,250 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: pugmanxud
  More Bosch pump questions Martin306 9 3,542 17-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Dave